(Guide) A collection of errors and solutions

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands

Troubleshooting Guide

You've run into an error with the game or launcher and need help resolving an error.

Locate your error message and click on the link to go to the guide for your error message. More guides are still being added.
Guides will be provided for the error messages below. If you're encountering an error message not present in the list, please contact me directly or share a screenshot.

Game version

Due to the frequentcy of the questions, I will record the current game version of Bannerlord required to play Bannerlord Online. This should at all times be the latest stable version of Bannerlord, so never the beta branch!

Current version: V1.2.9.36960
Version release date: April 3, 2024

Native Issues

Not all problems you encounter in Bannerlord Online are actually caused by the mod. So if you experience unusual issues not listed in any of the errors below, have a look at the Taleworlds known issues thread.

Bannerlord Native & Multiplayer known issues: Taleworlds Known Issues

Error Messages

Installer Errors

Launcher Errors

Game Errors

Miscellaneous

Seal-of-Approval.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Sveinn

BossAragon

Recruit
Jun 5, 2022
how to fix Could not update launcher! Request failed (timeout)
i have the same problem and after reinstalling the lucher its still here. What do i do to fix it?

Reactions: ZubuK and DerSaadet

moonlight.exe

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 12, 2020
how to fix Could not update launcher! Request failed (timeout)
i have the same problem and after reinstalling the lucher its still here. What do i do to fix it?
This issue was fixed by our developers.
Everything should work perfectly now.

Fettimus

Recruit
Nov 3, 2022
  • Could not update game mod! The Decryption operation failed, see inner exception. - MISSING
  • I need help fixing this

Adamska

Recruit
Oct 31, 2022
there's a bug with the market where it wont let you list your items for sale even though the liecnse minimum requirement hasnt been reached.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
there's a bug with the market where it wont let you list your items for sale even though the liecnse minimum requirement hasnt been reached.
While occasionally the market can glitch out, forcing you to do it a second time. It's more common for people to actually get the wrong idea of how many items they can sell. The table belong shows the limitations.

Even with the Merchant license, you can only list 10 different items. But you can sell large stacks of items. For example 200 Noble Warrior Upgrade Kits.

1667671270343.png

Unamanca

Recruit
Nov 7, 2022
I am having an issue where once entering my character name, I can no longer progress and all connections to servers are shut off. I get no actual error messages though. What might be going on?

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
I am having an issue where once entering my character name, I can no longer progress and all connections to servers are shut off. I get no actual error messages though. What might be going on?
When you say "entering my characater name", I assume this is at character creation. You say you get no error, but notice the connection being shut off. What exactly is happening? Game freeze? Game closes?

Unamanca

Recruit
Nov 7, 2022
When you say "entering my characater name", I assume this is at character creation. You say you get no error, but notice the connection being shut off. What exactly is happening? Game freeze? Game closes?
Yes, once I enter my name in character creation and hit enter, it just closes the dialogue box and does not save the name. From here I can't progress even if I try to enter the name again, so I have no other options but to back out to the menu. However, once I do so, I cannot connect to any of the servers as they are blocked out and unable to be selected. The app and menu is still functional, but I cannot progress past character creation.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
I can't say that is a situation I've seen before, but it sounds like it might be security that is blocking access to the servers. My first guess would be the firewall/antivirus or even your internet provider blocking it through your router/modem. You may need to check in that direction to see if anything is listed as blocked.

Zeostar

Recruit
Nov 19, 2022
  • Could not update launcher! One or more errors occured. - MISSING
Im having this problem, what do I do? Reinstall windows? For real I will if it fixes it

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
  • Could not update launcher! One or more errors occured. - MISSING
Im having this problem, what do I do? Reinstall windows? For real I will if it fixes it
I'd first recommend checking
  • If AV/Firewall is blocking anything.
  • Make sure BO and Bannerlord are installed on the same hard drive.
  • Try running BO as admin