Your economy is retarded!

Lanval

Recruit
Nov 30, 2023
Ok, having the player start with nothing and grind out some time farming is cool. Good idea. 4k gold for a nearly worthless (in combat) horse seems steep. That translates into ~ 30 minutes of grinding a farming mini game. A saddle though, that's 16k. Here's a heaping helping of being a peasant bitch for two hours so you can ride said nearly worthless horse. BTW, you're still unarmed and unarmored. 50k for an entry level short bow? There's just no point to this. I work 50 hours a week. I want to play Mount and Blade with other people, not waste my time. It is simply a fucking embarrassment to have made such an impressive technical achievement and then shit the bed so hard because you decide to throw a couple extra decimal places on all the prices. Sad.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Ok, having the player start with nothing and grind out some time farming is cool. Good idea. 4k gold for a nearly worthless (in combat) horse seems steep. That translates into ~ 30 minutes of grinding a farming mini game. A saddle though, that's 16k. Here's a heaping helping of being a peasant bitch for two hours so you can ride said nearly worthless horse. BTW, you're still unarmed and unarmored. 50k for an entry level short bow? There's just no point to this. I work 50 hours a week. I want to play Mount and Blade with other people, not waste my time. It is simply a fucking embarrassment to have made such an impressive technical achievement and then shit the bed so hard because you decide to throw a couple extra decimal places on all the prices. Sad.
Like Storm said, the prices are determined by players, with an exception of a few items.

The Old Work Horse for 4k is a fixed item available at all times in all towns. The saddles however have to be obtained by players before they can be sold. This also means the prices vary greatly depending on server, supply and demand. With the recent increase in players since last week, a lot of the early items are in demand and the availability is limited.

For reference, the Thief in any tavern has a chance to spawn a quest to seek for a hidden chest from a merchant. That chest has a small chance to contain low tier saddles. Other saddles were all obtained in the Wildlands (PvP area).

Dain Bramage

Recruit
Nov 26, 2023
One thing that may help immensely with the amount of resources available/prices AND the issue of everyone being stuck in the starting area early on..Is an interconnected market. Every city from every faction should have a connected market place. You should be able to buy and sell from any of them, to the same pool of items at the weapon smith, armor etc.

This way, people can spread out to their favorite locations and still play the game rather than be forced to return to a single city any time they want to sell something or buy something. Clans can actively supply the markets with their EXCESS gear (and boy howdy do clans have a lot of unecessary gear stored away) easily, because they can just list it for sale in their home city.

I think I speak for most people, but quite frankly sitting in Zeonica or being forced to travel back there constantly is just boring. It's already slow enough getting around the map, let me explore, let me go to different cities and recruit my favorite troop types.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
One thing that may help immensely with the amount of resources available/prices AND the issue of everyone being stuck in the starting area early on..Is an interconnected market. Every city from every faction should have a connected market place. You should be able to buy and sell from any of them, to the same pool of items at the weapon smith, armor etc.

This way, people can spread out to their favorite locations and still play the game rather than be forced to return to a single city any time they want to sell something or buy something. Clans can actively supply the markets with their EXCESS gear (and boy howdy do clans have a lot of unecessary gear stored away) easily, because they can just list it for sale in their home city.

I think I speak for most people, but quite frankly sitting in Zeonica or being forced to travel back there constantly is just boring. It's already slow enough getting around the map, let me explore, let me go to different cities and recruit my favorite troop types.
I can confirm that making the market global is on the list of planned things. Which will allow players to list it anywhere, buy it from anywhere.

Though players would need to trade to the town the item was listed. This will still force then to travel the map.

Reactions: SirNooch

Dain Bramage

Recruit
Nov 26, 2023
I can confirm that making the market global is on the list of planned things. Which will allow players to list it anywhere, buy it from anywhere.

Though players would need to trade to the town the item was listed. This will still force then to travel the map.
That's a good compromise. I assume by that you mean it will list ON the market which city the item is currently located at. So you'll need to travel there for it, running the risk that someone might buy it before you. I love that. Now gib movement buff. ;)

OranosCZ

Recruit
Oct 29, 2022
Or you are just lazy crying kid with huge skill issue, in hour you can make 100k which is more than enough for good start, if you dont like,go play fortnite

YakkaFroot

Recruit
Dec 20, 2023
I honestly thought the exact same thing when I loaded up this game:

"Oh, boy! Gonna lead some men and fight a battle with swords!"

*loads into a game with no sword, no armor, no horse and 45 min of a shit minigame to grind to do ANYTHING else*

"Uhhh... this is an interesting design choice."

Reactions: tuskenBR

Grinnerz

Recruit
Dec 23, 2023
the man has a point, even if the prices are set by players/economy. It's a pretty tough grind to get started, for the exact reasons he has stated clearly, and I know for sure MOST players with a family aint gonna bother. Which is his point. And you CAN fix it, if you so choose. Even by simply adding more base level, set price items.

Reactions: Gladdy and tuskenBR

Grinnerz

Recruit
Dec 23, 2023
Or you are just lazy crying kid with huge skill issue, in hour you can make 100k which is more than enough for good start, if you dont like,go play fortnite
He made it pretty clear he is a family man. Ergo, not a child. Skill has nothing to do with shitty minigames. what are talking about? If I was playing Dayz I might have a bit more backing for ya, but nah, you're being narcissistic and entitled.

Drelyax

Recruit
Apr 15, 2021
Prices are set by real players and we do not influence them
Loot rates do influence the price those players will set.
The reason a starting bow cost 60k is that despite thousands of forest bandits being killed every day, 99.9% of them seem to use their last dying strength to break their main weapon.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Based on experience and player feedback, it's not all that hard to obtain bows when grinding the 50-60 stack forest bandits. However not all bows will end up on the market. Some are placed in clan storage, some are given to companions and those that do go on the market tend to go pretty fast.

Prices continue to be player driven. As long as there's plenty of bows being added to the market, the prices will remain low. But there's always players that aim to take advantage of a certain demand and starter bows are a potential victim of that. Resulting in players buying all the starter bows and relisting them for higher prices.

I listed 9 starter bows for sale on the NA server today for less than 10k, undercutting the other available for 9500. Demand and supply play one part, greedy merchant the other.

SirNooch

Recruit
Dec 10, 2023
I think the economy is great. The How Many Items dialogs with merchants is strange but gives an idea of how much on the market. I've outfit 5 companions and a couple friends over the past couple weeks and was able to get all those hunting (starter) bows at under 5K. Now when I first started I paid 900 for a stone to throw so now I sell all mine for 365 in Zeo on NA because you are in a uniquely pitiful point in your progression if you're buying stones and those aren't the guys to get rich off of.

It seems like each day the price of materials / reward for mining, chopping, hunting varies significantly and the items and prices on the merchant markets change a good bit. This makes the game more interesting in my opinion.

Reactions: Krebek Nadiel

SirNooch

Recruit
Dec 10, 2023
Price of hunting boars around Zeo on NA is down 25% this week. Bad for me as a hunter, but that's the economy! Good stuff

brta

Recruit
Feb 8, 2024
Broo, i fucking got your point, but you need remember that ALL the economies in or out games are broken, thats why you and me and MANY others spend our days working and not playing or with our friends and family. In fact, i didn't even get to play this mod (im shaking), but considering that the creators themselves created a FORUM for us to debate freely, im sure they are open to criticism and suggestions... BUT you also have to understand that creating a sustainable economy in a game – even if it's much easier than the real economy, cof cof Powell... Please do you job – it is necessary to understand that we are at such an early stage, that it becomes difficult to obtain data that is actually tangible, as well as sincere and GOOD reviews like yours.

From everything i've read here on the forum, maybe you understood the team's intention and it's very simple: start at the bottom and understand everything we've built, little by little. "We can fix the economy after this" – Jerome Powell, 2024.