WTF?

Bryggan

Recruit
Mar 20, 2021
What the hell is wrong with you? You probably lost 95% of your players cuz you promised the single player experience but with multiple players. And what did you do?

"Struggle to get ahead unless you use SS" I had a lot of fun using Sturgian troops to fight looters and level up, and it was quite challenging. Then I found out you get ranged snf you can go0 to battle then head to the fridge, make a sandwich then go collect your loot.

Why the fuck why would you think this is cool!"?!?!?!?!?

and seeing this, why would you allow battles? Who the fuck wants to RP as fucking Napoleonic line battles in an 8th century game
And all I wanted from my patreon shit was fancy clothes to hang out in... but6 nope, you made it pay to win: (onl;y wear patreon gear when at war)

I was so excited when you started, and I know you had thousands of Patreons, but I did not sign up to pay for pew pew wars, and I definately did not sign up for PtW. I appreciate your try, but some asshole took over apparently. I will wait for cRpg and/or persistant world... They are not as good as what you promised, but they are better than what you offered.

Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 12, 2020
bannerlord-online.com
We did not change the characteristics of the units, they are completely identical to the original game. The only difference with singleplayer is that after several months of play, the players found the most effective units for battles. We will continue to develop the project to give the most worthwhile experience of playing on a multiplayer map, as much as possible.

Bryggan

Recruit
Mar 20, 2021
We did not change the characteristics of the units, they are completely identical to the original game. The only difference with singleplayer is that after several months of play, the players found the most effective units for battles. We will continue to develop the project to give the most worthwhile experience of playing on a multiplayer map, as much as possible.
Ok, I was a bit drunk when I wrote that, so sorry for sounding a bit overly bitter. We all know Taleworlds only cares about the SP game, so aren't too worried about balance. And yes, people will always find the 'meta'... and it was a sad day that they did :( Battles were so much fun at first when we tried mixed units (cav, inf and ranged).

But you did alter the Khan's Guard... any chance you will alter any other troops? Like, perhaps nerf ranged to historical levels? I think Vlandian sharp shooters would kick but on Rhodock sharp shooters, and Fians would wreck Vaegir marksmen.

Still, while I am annoyed at the way the battles turned out, I really like the rest of what you have done. What you have made is amazing, and I am looking forward to the tournaments, plus it seems you are going to steer towards a player based economy instead of the boss drop one.

I think once battles are fixed, and the economy is 90% player based, you will get all the people that quit back again. Oh, and sieges. I am really curious as to how that will be implemented since time zones will be a problem, and dumb AI can't be trusted... I personally have absolutely no ideas.

But thanks for the response, and I'll try only post when sober in the future.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Balancing troops is no priority for the developers. We also knoe that Taleworlds is still actively making large changed to troops, as they did with e1.7.2 and will again do with e1.8.0.

For mods to be changing troops now would mean having to make new changes once the game updates to the next major update.

Troop balan ing will likely wait until after thr seige update for BO.