The beginning grind is not fun and is bad game design

BlueJeans

Recruit
May 12, 2021
The system you have to go through to get to an enjoyable stage in the game is very tedious and really bad game design imo.

Let me explain my opinion.

Firstly, the hard cap on your army at the start is massively punishing. you are hard-capped to like 6 soldiers, which would be fine if you could raise it with relative ease but you can't. The AI is fairly strong which is nice but also massively detrimental when the resource to rehire is stuck behind two painful money grinds at the start of the game.

Option 1: walk back and forth from a river wetting plants which btw isn't fun and gets very boring fast. I don't know who in the right mind wants to wet plants all day to make enough money to throw in a gaping black hole to get your leadership skill up by having hires slaughtered and rehired.

Option 2: Arenas. not as bad imo but still a painful experience because you have people teaming up and trying to get the 150 coins. If you don't win you don;t get anything so people will do whatever it takes to make sure themselves or their friend is getting paid.

so you have to basically grind one of these options to afford money to hire to go out and fight bandits to increase your leadership skill. You will lose some of your hires, which makes you have to rehire and the items you get from the fight don't create a profit margin from what you're losing. So basically you have to spend more money to get that army count up. So how are you going to make that money at the beginning? Option 1 or 2. Get's pretty tedious pretty fast.

lange wapper

Recruit
Apr 9, 2021
if you wont somthing where the hold you hand try world of warcraft the game is fine right now and yes it cost somtimes to get decent armies .
but its not that hard to get then just attack low lvl looters . and if you work in the town you even get skils for 1 - 2 and atlethis for free.
and you also can team up with few other low lvls tofight together .

MPA

Recruit
Apr 28, 2021
Just earn enough money to buy a mule to start trading, its the easiest money maker. I'll even give ya a free mule if ya so desire.

itchyfinger

Recruit
May 16, 2021
I love the full game and would like to see this mod when they have taken it to the next level, but If it take to long there fan base will be a thing of the past
I hope they are able to make it happen because I love the single player game and would love to play it with my friends

Reactions: GAL Asteroid

Draiden

Recruit
May 28, 2021
those of you hating on the mod need to go back to playing the single player version this is a mod put out by people who did not get any money for the startup ( i do not know if they are employed by taleworlds at this time and i do not care ) they did a awesome job and this is not for babies yes there are things that can be fixed and implemented but to the the designers i salute you

Nimro

Recruit
Feb 2, 2022
your house
those of you hating on the mod need to go back to playing the single player version this is a mod put out by people who did not get any money for the startup ( i do not know if they are employed by taleworlds at this time and i do not care ) they did a awesome job and this is not for babies yes there are things that can be fixed and implemented but to the the designers i salute you
you are the baby

Attachments

• FGBSsdSVkAAd5jd.jpg
    FGBSsdSVkAAd5jd.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 3

Overtyped

Recruit
Jan 1, 2022
I enjoy the current state of it. Starting from nothing was quite enjoyable, and it's not like there are no options, for 3k gold u can get a horse, a bow, and 3 sets of arrows, and that's enough to handle packs of 45 looters.