Splitting by troop types

javisTark

Recruit
Sep 29, 2023
Hi everybody! I have a question I was not able to answer by any mean. I wartched a couple of videos that gives a partial answer but it seems to not to work now.

How can I split my army by troop type? As in, assign archers to group 1, infantry to group2 and so on?

Thansk in advance!

Slender

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 12, 2020
Hi everybody! I have a question I was not able to answer by any mean. I wartched a couple of videos that gives a partial answer but it seems to not to work now.

How can I split my army by troop type? As in, assign archers to group 1, infantry to group2 and so on?

Thansk in advance!
Hello. You can't separate army by troop type, but you can manually assign each troop unit a formation in the group window.

javisTark

Recruit
Sep 29, 2023
I see. So with formations it can place infantry in front and archers behind or something like that? I gave horses to some of my companions, so now I jump into battle with 2 groups and it can be annoying. I'm fairly new to the online but I asume that if I recruit some mounted troops they will be assigned to a group 3 ?

1- A weird mix of bows, infantry, couple of horses.
2- All my crossbows.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
I see. So with formations it can place infantry in front and archers behind or something like that? I gave horses to some of my companions, so now I jump into battle with 2 groups and it can be annoying. I'm fairly new to the online but I asume that if I recruit some mounted troops they will be assigned to a group 3 ?

1- A weird mix of bows, infantry, couple of horses.
2- All my crossbows.
Bannerlord Online used the old formation system and by default troops ate assigned to one of four formations, while there's a total of 8 or 9 formations.

1. Infantry
  2. Ranged (archers + crossbowmen)
  3. Cavalry
  4. Horse Archers
The other formations aren't used by default but you can manually assigned specific troops to a different formation to control them separately in battle.

javisTark

Recruit
Sep 29, 2023
I finally found it! Like you say it is possible to customise the group assignation but from the party screen. Next to each troop type there is this brown flag with a roman number I, II, III, IV...., by clicking on it, it is possible to change the group assignation! This was NOT easy to find I guess it is a fairly common thing to do if you like to use armies with different types of troops, would it be possible to pin this post somehow?

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 17.18.17.png

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Single player has used this system as well until after release, so I guess players that aren't new to Bannerlord will be familiar with it.

I can make make a guide for it within the next few days and make sure it gets included in the new player tips.

javisTark

Recruit
Sep 29, 2023
Yeah! That'd be very handy. I just got the game though I played warband many years ago. Do you reccon are other mechanics that changed like that?

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
I made a rough draft of some changes between single player and BO. If anything isn't clear enough, feel free to let me know.

I'll add the troop formations to that as well once I get some time.