Please add mining to the game

Warthunderman

Recruit
Oct 28, 2021
It would be really cool to have mining locations scattered around the map, each mining iron/stone/gold and to manually pick It like on the warband mod persistent world, which you then sell. Also It should be raidable by players so its not very safe. Maybe you could go even deeper and add caravans but for now that should do, what do you think?

Gartroxx

Recruit
Jul 5, 2021
I think in general a crafting and gathering system would be good for the MMO and also add a lot of depth and longevity to the mod.

All of the small towns already have unique resources. How cool would it be if you have to go to a small town to get iron ore to make some armor?

However, I cant even begin to imagine how much work that would be to do. The mod team would have to put unique resources in each town ie. cattle for leather, sheep for wool, iron ore, lumber etc. On top of that there would have to be some sort of crafting and gathering skill. Not to mention make each piece of armor craftable given certain resources.

TL:DR Good Idea that would really help the mod but a ton of work

Reactions: Lord Ulfgar

Warthunderman

Recruit
Oct 28, 2021
It might be a lot of work but imagine all the posibilities! For example hiring a group of merceneries( real players) to protect you while everyone gathers lumber/iron or somebody robbing you unless you have coin to pay to mine in somebody elses territory, bandits etc.
Thanks for your opinion! I see the devs are in it for the long run so i hope they make something like mine or your suggestion even if it may be difficult.

Neverknows

Recruit
Mar 18, 2021
USA
I could be wrong, but isn't plan is to 'eventually' reach that point? The devs have already said that food will be a mechanic for sure, and I would imagine they would add some variety to that, meaning some villages would plant grain, some would catch fish, and maybe some would raise cattle. I can't imagine weapon crafting or blacksmithing won't eventually also make it, since the code already mostly exists already in the bannerlord code.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
I am still hopeful that once crafting is implemented, the resources like iron would need to be harvested in a mining village, in the same way wood has to be gathered. (y)