Impressions & Improvements / Ideas

Mao Zi

Recruit
Dec 2, 2023
Hello there,
I have a few points to adress that might have a
positive impact or just for a general discussion to start
wether it is a good idea or not and if they are able to apply.

1. Starting Position at the Faction you choose to spread the Players and make more of a living world all over the place;
Because of the starting position for everyone at Zeonica the main focus is around the city because "as it does
makes sense" the items (sold by players) and high value for farming wood and materials revolve around the players which are all
gathered there.

Maybe spreading the players in the starting area of choosen faction and other high player counts running around in other cities
will change that more cities are relevant and dont feel "dead".

2. Gray Out irrelevant attributes to not waste skill points that dont have in impact Online;
I put the first 2 points into Vigor thinking it is relevant but as dumb as i am there is nothing to gain from (for what i am seeing now).

3. AI language filter/translator (EU-Server idea);
No matter what language people write. Is it possible to apply an AI translator so that no matter what language is written at least in global chat it is translated into english.
If people wanna write in their mother language they can just whisper eachother or create groups/clans whatever but in the global chat it would be nice to write a language
nearly everyone understands (my opinion).

4. Starting positions from Units are a bit close compared to Singleplayer it feels like;
Correct me if i am wrong but it feels like that the starting positions from the bandits are very close and they arrive on your frontline when you barely commanded them in the right position.
When it is the same distance as in singleplayer or it as its proven purpose i would be glat to be corrected.
(Or a preparation-phase at the beginning for like 10 sec. max and/or if players are faster they can both accept and it starts immediatly)

5. Making Trading from items and auctioning spread across factions;
As the idea says selling and trading items for example in a city from the empire shows those items and prizes across all empire shops in every city thus you have more interaction with other factions
and the players dont all center around the starting town thus creating a bigger living world as you dont always have to travel across the entire map to 1 relevant city to sell items just
because most of the player base is there because of the starting situation. Most likely there will be an development of another main city where the events will be happening
but that will be more centric of the entire map.
(Also adding maybe 1-2 more villages per material per faction so some villages dont feel as useless and its all relevant)

That are my 2 cents and impressions/ideas and quality of life changes that could make the game even more appealing.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english if its bad.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hello Mao Zi,

Thanks for taking your time to write up some points you believe could use some improvements.
While I am not a developer and have no influence on it what so ever, I do believe I can share some of my own insight into this. All open to debate, of course.

1. Faction Starter Towns
    While I'd support this and many have asked for this, there is something to consider. Each faction would require designated areas that would be safe for new players to fight small stacks of bandits to increasingly bigger stacks as they travel to the next area. While most factions are large enough to offer room, the balance of bandits on the map would shift quite a bit, given you'd need an area for 1-5, 10-20, 20-60.

2. Attributes
    While the lack of perks may give the impression some skills are useless, this is not the case. All combat skills, Athletics/Riding, Scouting and Leadership also have a passive effect similar to that of single player.

3. Auto Translator
    I wouldn't force everything into English, as translators aren't perfect. But I do agree it would be convenient if we had an option to auto translate languages to English.

4. Battle distance
    Not entirely sure if there is a difference between BO and single player in terms of distance at the start of a battle. But it is influenced by the amount of troops present in the battle, same as for single player. The preparation phase however is something that would impact PvP. There's already a 20 second timer before a battle starts and up to 30 seconds of loading into the battle. This effectively already leaves 50 seconds wasted before the battle begins, time that other players have to jump into the battle to change the odds. Extending this time could have significant impact on battles in which they want to do damage to the enemy player fast.

5. Global Trading
    I can confirm there are already plans to make the market global, reducing the need for players to stick around Zeonica as the main trade hub. The idea is that players will be able to see and purchase items on the market from within any town on the map. However leaving the point that players do have to travel to the town it was listed to pick up the item. This would force some travel and also prevent players from holding up in a safe town all day (sort of speak).

All factions do have all village types, with some factions being specific in having more of a certain type. Battania for example having 3 wood villages. The only exceptions are the Northern and Southern Empire, which for some unknown reason lack Mining and Hunting villages.

Mao Zi

Recruit
Dec 2, 2023
Hello Mao Zi,

Thanks for taking your time to write up some points you believe could use some improvements.
While I am not a developer and have no influence on it what so ever, I do believe I can share some of my own insight into this. All open to debate, of course.

1. Faction Starter Towns
    While I'd support this and many have asked for this, there is something to consider. Each faction would require designated areas that would be safe for new players to fight small stacks of bandits to increasingly bigger stacks as they travel to the next area. While most factions are large enough to offer room, the balance of bandits on the map would shift quite a bit, given you'd need an area for 1-5, 10-20, 20-60.

2. Attributes
    While the lack of perks may give the impression some skills are useless, this is not the case. All combat skills, Athletics/Riding, Scouting and Leadership also have a passive effect similar to that of single player.

3. Auto Translator
    I wouldn't force everything into English, as translators aren't perfect. But I do agree it would be convenient if we had an option to auto translate languages to English.

4. Battle distance
    Not entirely sure if there is a difference between BO and single player in terms of distance at the start of a battle. But it is influenced by the amount of troops present in the battle, same as for single player. The preparation phase however is something that would impact PvP. There's already a 20 second timer before a battle starts and up to 30 seconds of loading into the battle. This effectively already leaves 50 seconds wasted before the battle begins, time that other players have to jump into the battle to change the odds. Extending this time could have significant impact on battles in which they want to do damage to the enemy player fast.

5. Global Trading
    I can confirm there are already plans to make the market global, reducing the need for players to stick around Zeonica as the main trade hub. The idea is that players will be able to see and purchase items on the market from within any town on the map. However leaving the point that players do have to travel to the town it was listed to pick up the item. This would force some travel and also prevent players from holding up in a safe town all day (sort of speak).

All factions do have all village types, with some factions being specific in having more of a certain type. Battania for example having 3 wood villages. The only exceptions are the Northern and Southern Empire, which for some unknown reason lack Mining and Hunting villages.
All right, thank you for answering.
regarding my Points:
1. Thats true and also has its points.

2. Ok i did not know that the attributes / or passive points i put in weapons does have its impact as in the forum there is no topic regarding character stats / attributes impacting gameplay

3. You're right auto-translators do have its downsites it just feels kinda disrespectful in general to speak your native language for a long amount of time in those global chats in my opinion.

4. That could be true, i am not sure it just sometimes felt units are to close and with the prep phase not beeing out it was just my impression.

5. Thats cool to hear that the trading will be global but you have to travel to the shop where it was actually sold from.
(Then there should be a little note at which town you have to pick it up)

Thanks for the summary.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Regarding that you find it disrespectful to speak the native language (because most won't know ehat you're talking about).

There's only one European country that speaks English as a native language and they even left the EU. So who's to say English should be that main language?

There are a total of 44 countries in Europe.

I do understand the choice for English though. But it's no more the main language then for example German or French.