(Guide) Alvor the Blacksmith

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands

Alvor the Blacksmith

For this nice Anniversary mission, a prelude to what Smithing can provide, I'd like to make this post to help guide people on how to do this mission.

How do I start the mission?
- Alvor can only be found in Zeonica. He is located outside the city walls. Upon entering the town suroundings, you will find him on your right. Hold Alt if you're not sure where.

Is there a level requirement?
- Yes. You need to be at least level 12.

What hideout do I need to complete?
- Any "Echoes of War" hideout will do. Either one started from the Barkeep, or one started from a Mabon book. You'll have a chance of finding a Blacksmith Tools upon completing the hideout.
Blacksmith Tools.PNG

What can I upgrade?
✅ Looted gear of standard quality that are in your inventory can be upgraded at the blacksmith. Equipped gear needs to be un-equipped to be able to upgrade them.
❌Unique items, such as Patreon/Monarch gear, can not be upgraded at the blacksmith.
❌Looted gear that is damaged or already upgraded, can not be upgraded at the blacksmith.
❌Crafted gear can not be upgraded at the blacksmith.

Upgrade.PNG

I forgot to un-equip my gear or I forgot to bring it with me!
- Fear not, you can close the upgrade Window by clicking the X and talk to Alvor again to complete your upgrade.

Can the mission be repeated?
- No

I found multiple Blacksmith Tools, can I use more than one?
- No. While it is possible to find more tools while the mission is active, you can only turn it in once.

Will this mission have a purpose now that crafting is available?
- This remains the only way to upgrade looted gear to Tempered (weapons) or Reinforced (armor). However, this gear can not be repaired once broken.

Can I sell my Blacksmith Tools?
- No. You can not directly sell the tools. However, players frequently offer/request others to do the upgrade for them with an item of their choice in return for denars.
- Be aware, when paying for another player to do the upgrade for you, you are taking a considerable risk! Only use this service from players you trust!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zab and Queen Anna

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Thanks, I just see a lot of offers for sale, and I myself would like to buy.
The way this works, is people offer to sell the service. You would provide them with the item, they upgrade it for you and you pay them for it.

It relies a lot on trust, so make sure you make a clear agreement on the service. So that if someone tries to scam you, you have proof that they did not uphold their end of the deal.

Last edited: