game launcher wont update

lucassis

Recruit
Mar 30, 2024
Schermopname (333).png
i keep on getting this error, tried reinstalling, tried everything i could find about this error...
does anyone know how to fix this?

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
It's possible that restarting your computer will resolve the error. If you're experienced with computers, you could disable/enable your network device as well (rebooting does the same).

If that doesn't work, there's something in your security (firewall/antivirus) that's not allowing the connection.

lucassis

Recruit
Mar 30, 2024
It's possible that restarting your computer will resolve the error. If you're experienced with computers, you could disable/enable your network device as well (rebooting does the same).

If that doesn't work, there's something in your security (firewall/antivirus) that's not allowing the connection.

already tried all of that...

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
already tried all of that...

Then you can either hope for it to resolve itself, which I can't garantee, but is possible if the regional update server is unresponsive.
Or you can use a VPN set to a different region/country, so it will connect to a different update server. A VPN will also bypass whatever security on your end may be blocking the connection.

lucassis

Recruit
Mar 30, 2024
Then you can either hope for it to resolve itself, which I can't garantee, but is possible if the regional update server is unresponsive.
Or you can use a VPN set to a different region/country, so it will connect to a different update server. A VPN will also bypass whatever security on your end may be blocking the connection.
ive kinda figered out how to fix it but not really. so every time i turn off my pc the game doesnt want to launch after so i have to reinstall and remove it and add it back to my firewall access. really annoying to do but atleast i can play now

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
ive kinda figered out how to fix it but not really. so every time i turn off my pc the game doesnt want to launch after so i have to reinstall and remove it and add it back to my firewall access. really annoying to do but atleast i can play now

I'm certainly not experienced with networking, but I do know when a PC reboots, it reestablishes connection to the DNS. Maybe your computer/router is set up to give a random local IP to your computer that makes the firewall see it as a different rule.