FULL RELEASE - Server Wipe?

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
All I can tell you right now is that there will not be a wipe, Things might change once the Stable version of the Mod has been Released in July but as of right now the BL:O Team have Said "NO WIPES" and believe me, this has been discussed plenty of times.

If a Wipe ever gets Planned it will be announced, if it hasn't been announced then the Answer will always be "NO WIPES"

BigChunghus

Recruit
Mar 22, 2021
If they wipe they will loose a lot of veteran players they can do a partial army wipe which most wont mind as long as long as we get to keep out gold and items. We all started as farmers, when I started I had to use a pichfork on the old workhorse. Now a lot of players have it much easier since armor, shield and swords are cheap and widely available.

Moz

Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
If the DEVS don't wipe, myself and my squad of 50 units will definitely be ganking the smaller groups. thats just how the world works.
That sort of thing is gonna happen anyway and no doubt you'll be doing that after wipe too, as will other players for sure.

You get people playing every day and people who don't have too much free time, people in clans and people who are not etc. So either way it will all come down to the same thing happening. There isn't really a discussion when it comes to new players being smashed by over powered players/clans in PVP terms. It will happen.

If a wipe is necessary that's fine with me. If not, then so be it.

Reactions: ESP SergioMtz

falixx

Recruit
Mar 19, 2021
Just make a zone around Zeonica where only PVE is allowed, lets say have like 3-4 cities in the zone with like the 20 villages around them. Rest of the map PVP is enabled. Simple. Also wipes are why a lot of players leave permanently. I would leave if it was wiped put too many hours in and I left Escape from Tarkov cause of a wipe.

Reactions: ESP SergioMtz

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
Just make a zone around Zeonica where only PVE is allowed, lets say have like 3-4 cities in the zone with like the 20 villages around them. Rest of the map PVP is enabled. Simple. Also wipes are why a lot of players leave permanently. I would leave if it was wiped put too many hours in and I left Escape from Tarkov cause of a wipe.
"Simple"

No, it's not, I'm pretty sure the way the Game mechanics work, makes that an impossible Feat.

Reactions: Freya

Moz

Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
Once PVP is added, a PVE/safe zone which is unconquerable by players could be an idea for new players to get to grips with the mod, and invest some time into learning everything. Outside of that zone would then be PVP. But that's another discussion.

If there was mention of a wipe prior to people joining then that's fine with me, since you know what you're getting into. However I think if there was no specific mention to a wipe then I would say it's a bit unfair on those people who have sunk a lot of their time into it. That's just my opinion though.

Emerson

Recruit
Apr 12, 2021
If there is a server wipe the current characters should carry over but troops and money and items can go. Just don't reset my damn troop count and character levels and ill be fine with it.

ESP SergioMtz

Recruit
Mar 18, 2021
Spain
That sort of thing is gonna happen anyway and no doubt you'll be doing that after wipe too, as will other players for sure.

You get people playing every day and people who don't have too much free time, people in clans and people who are not etc. So either way it will all come down to the same thing happening. There isn't really a discussion when it comes to new players being smashed by over powered players/clans in PVP terms. It will happen.

If a wipe is necessary that's fine with me. If not, then so be it.
of course, and its legit, this is not your fault...
the game must be balanced and have a pvp system that protect new players, if has no good "system" for it.... the server will be dead sooner or later, no matter wipe or not.
im pretty sure the devs are aware about this, so personally im not worried, its too obvious griefing will happen and they need to prevent it.

Reactions: Luca Bravehide

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
FYI guys, this is the info on EU2 merging with EU1

Merge will happen!

For those that have characters on both servers:
Money and items will be summed.
Items on the market will be moved to your inventory.
Your skills with the higher stats will be transferred.
As for armies, your troops from both servers will be looked at and the strongest ones (highest Tier) are going to be formed into an army on the EU server.

We know this is not the outcome many of you wanted, but we believe this will lead to a better overall experience for everyone. That being said, the reason behind the merge is largely because of logistical reasons. Thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day.

Drewsko

Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
atleast give people a chance to buy a horse! This game is called Mount and Blade and we are all stuck riding DONKEYS! (work horse) :(