FULL RELEASE - Server Wipe?

Luca Bravehide

Infantry Man
Apr 1, 2021
So the question on everyones mind is 'at full release will their be a server wipe'.. I know there was at least 50 of us talking about it on global this weekend, opinion seemed split, with 70% salty for not server wipe and 30% approx said yes.. so lets have a vote. Makes sense to wipe it at 1.0 release

Server Wipe at full release
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS ~
- New players joining at release are not disadvantaged
- Where exploits were previously possible in early access and no PVP / Risk, now the progress will not give unfair advantage over new players who have realistic risk / gameplay from day 1
- Give new players a chance (maybe reward old accounts with special items / horse)
- No advanced clans, no diplomacy, no heiracrhy from day1

CONS ~
- Threatening to Boycott / lose patreons
- Experience / gear lost for veterans
- Veterans quit
- Veterans return after 15 days of withdrawal symptoms

Merkur

Recruit
Mar 28, 2021
I don't think anyone cares about full release .
Most people already bought bannerlord anyway.
Bannerlord online is only like 3 weeks old - new Features getting added nearly on a daily basis.
I don't think that there needs to be a solution for a problem that does not exist.
Devs already told us that a wipe is not planned - deal with it.

Mozzie

Recruit
Mar 31, 2021
Full wipe on release is one of the fewest concerns with balancing. There will be people asking for wipes every single day once pvp is implemented.

Once clans and factions become a thing it'll be very difficult to compete if you don't choose or even have a choice of joining the strongest clan. The group with the largest roster and playtime will dominate a server rather quickly. I think that should be their biggest concern at the moment in terms of PvP.

The next issue following that is how to protect towns and cities when offline.

Merkur

Recruit
Mar 28, 2021
the deal with it part sounds hostile. what has made you so salty sir
Not meant to be hostile - just gets really annoying when there are pointless discussions every day...
A wipe will happen when the devs want to make one or need to make one.
I'am not against a wipe as for being concerned about my progress. But there needs to be a reason bigger than "full release" of bannerlord in general.

Reactions: IMO Masaki

merrrica

Recruit
Apr 3, 2021
Not meant to be hostile - just gets really annoying when there are pointless discussions every day...
A wipe will happen when the devs want to make one or need to make one.
I'am not against a wipe as for being concerned about my progress. But there needs to be a reason bigger than "full release" of bannerlord in general.
How about not having new players getting slaughter by us few nerds that like playing Trading/Farming simulator?

Grektorion

Recruit
Mar 24, 2021
What do you mean by release? The mod is out and playable. Anything that comes after this is an update. Don't f*ck over the people who supported this project from the beginning in favor of the people who just joins when things are getting better.

Ratul

Recruit
Apr 1, 2021
So the question on everyones mind is 'at full release will their be a server wipe'.. I know there was at least 50 of us talking about it on global this weekend, opinion seemed split, with 70% salty for not server wipe and 30% approx said yes.. so lets have a vote. Makes sense to wipe it at 1.0 release

PROS ~
- Where exploits were previously possible in early access and no PVP / Risk, now the progress will not give unfair advantage over new players who have realistic risk / gameplay from day 1
- Give new players a chance (maybe reward old accounts with special items / horse)

CONS ~
- Veterans quit
I think the servers should remain as is with vet players with their full strength. since the bandit parties now merge a high lvl player less server is un playable. try the ru2 server for a few sec and you will see huge mobs wiping you out constantly

Luca Bravehide

Infantry Man
Apr 1, 2021
It's better to at least discuss it now and expose the idea to minimise the throwback effect

Honestly it will be more enjoyable from everyone day 1 0 stats skill army a new world it will be epic

When the wipe happens, the clans that ppl have built this time around, will have their organisation/discord teams still, but will start as hunter gatherers and have to work in an equal world where a couple mercenaries with 9 guys can fight them toe to toe in week 1
Rather than newplayers joing and being enslaved forced to work for the lords as serfs... game won't grow unless its wiped

Honest truth is in 3 - 6 months we are gonna have twice the player base, thats gonna be the most revenue and immersion and we need to support that era/time.

If we love bannerlord, spent money on game, and support the mod, we must be pure about this and see the bigger picture.

Kantez

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
At the beginning, there was a time when free warlords gathered their bands, and waged war aganist the hordes of barbaric renegades. With simple weapons they fought furiously with fate and bravery as their shields.

The warlords desired one thing, gold. This metal slowly corrupted many noble souls turning their hearts into stone, the more powerful they become, their gaze become colder. During this age, many new warlors arise, and their screams of terror were heard on every marketplace in calradia.

This was the age of first warlords, but the new is coming.

The clans shall come, peace will be gone and blood will run in rivers. warlords age jpg.jpg
More seriously: The wipe would not change anything, it would just turn off many players. People with too many free time will get ultra rich in a moment, again. Dont be like dumb commies - kill the rich! so we can become rich! UUUUU!!!
And no, i dont have millions of coins on my character so kiss my hairy ass.

HOL Kingy

Recruit
Mar 16, 2021
Im not sure why its has to be all or nothing. I cant remember when they said it but the devs mentioned something about wiping troops and equipment but keeping skills and possibly gold (obviously they cant be sure at this stage). This seems like a good idea as it will stimulate the markets again for player to player selling, but if you wipe everything bandits will grow out of control, and no one will have any money to buy anything and by the the time they do their equipment will be good so they will have no need to.

I dont really think the idea of a wipe really needs to be considered yet though. If the map becomes dominated then yes we need a wipe for content sake but we're not even close to that so why make people grind again? A wipe wont solve anything as the people who have the time to play 24/7 will just become millionaires again. At least without a wipe people with less time will be able to compete once PVP comes around as theyve had months to grind.

I have a feeling the necessity for a wipe will be determined by the community if the powerful clans are helpful, I dont think it will necessary as they will aid rather than punish new players or at least limit themselves so not to kill their own content. Basically, we need a wait and see approach unless the devs literally need to do it for developer purposes.

Reactions: Moz and Merkur

Galadreil

Recruit
Mar 24, 2021
Bannerlord online is only like 3 weeks old - new Features getting added nearly on a daily basis.
I don't think that there needs to be a solution for a problem that does not exist.
No idea why you think his question is pointless and why you feel the need to get butthurt over nothing? Hop on outta here.

Merkur

Recruit
Mar 28, 2021
No idea why you think his question is pointless and why you feel the need to get butthurt over nothing? Hop on outta here.
Well its pointless imo as the full release of bannerlord pretty much has nothing to do with the content of bannerlord online.
It was not about wipes in general or to wipe when pvp and clans get developed in bannerlord online but when taleworlds drops their full release...
I just don't get that argument at all.

Furthermore we already got a comment from the devs about wipes.

I happily go along when devs do wipes.
I can't stand when I get the feeling that some guys call out for wipes solely because they feel they missed out on something.
@Kingy sums it up pretty well in his post.

Krez

Recruit
Mar 28, 2021

PROS ~

CONS ~
- Veterans quit
hey
hey merkur, can post the link where they commented a wipe is not planned? thanks

Reactions: FragOByte

BYZ Arcadius

Recruit
Apr 3, 2021
really I'm wondering if they gonna wipe or not

PROS ~

CONS ~
- Veterans quit
I agree with a wipe partially, denars and troops can be wiped but attributes and items should not be touched

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
I cant remember when they said it but the devs mentioned something about wiping troops and equipment but keeping skills and possibly gold
That was For Merging servers that have a low player count into Servers that have a higher player count, nothing to do with Wipes.