Food Production

Orici

Recruit
Dec 18, 2022
so let me get this straight,,...

as far as i understand it

i order lets say 10 Boars for 50d each
meanwhile some other player comes in and accepts a job and sees hes gettin 50d for 1 Boar

it just so happens yet another player comes in and orders 10 boars for 100d each
that overwrites my order since i am a cheapshot

so the guy who kills boars sells to the highest bidder

that way the price will hit the upper ceiling in a day since everyone NEEDS food and certainly noone is willing to put time into hunting Boars 5 at a time.....

in a weeks time everyones troops will starve to death unless they sit on a Mountain of Denars farmed in the Wipeless months prior.

next item in the list how do i make food out of Boars since the "Village" talks about hides not meat...

i havent checked the farm ... but if the mechanics there are the same like they were 1 week ago....

u have mindless newbies farming shit for meager money and overfilled whales with mountains of food roaming the world alone ..., wtf

just implement Food Vendors who sell Playerbound Rations idc if a rationpack 5 days worth for 100ppl cost 30k... its preferable to the current system...

if im wrong about my assumption .. dont start throwing rocks.... the 5minute on the nose gamecrash interval doesnt make it easy to ENJOY the new "Economy" Update especially since half the time im getting rollbacked to the 50´s just to do everything all over again

Orici

Recruit
Dec 18, 2022
let me just run the numbers

10 wheat doesnt get me anything so i assume 100 wheat for 1 bread just for the math

the last price for 1 wheat i saw was over 500..

we take 100 for "math"

u need for 100people each day 100 food which is 100people x100 wheat times 100D which is 10000d for 1 day so u have to farm 10000d a day just to not starve

furthermoore it seems to me actual people have to generated this wheat so the 100d for 1 wheat isnt anything someone would go on a field for..

so instead of rich people just buying everything out of spite ... they cram the price up in order to secure enough food from a very few people willing to generate it through "labour"

so the price will hit 4 or 5 digits.. u can do the scale up yourself.... thats not gonna work.. noone pays up to a million denars each day just for food....

if u dont adjust the generated raw material x100 and the max price down at least 90% noone will either generate raw food or will be able to afford the Product

Food vendor it is ...... sellling Price capped Playerbound Rationpacks... u can still say like 30k/day for a party of 100 thats still a lot but fairly reasonable if u want to drain gold from the server in order to fight inflation

funny i told the world chat on the day before that exactly this will happen .. and the first response ive got was... "will u be crying each day now ??"
"poeple on top earned their place"..
it would be sad seeing this "project" dying slowly because someone was bad at math or someone thought players could be trusted to self regulate a vital market... which never worked in the history of Multiplayer Gaming

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
This is an expected scenario that on the early days, prices for resources will be very high. The rich and greedy want their things first.

However, there isn't just 1 village. People also can't stock up too much food, because they'll be overweight. So prices will drop again and will eventually find a decent balance of demand. The first few days is when people should profit from the wages for doing the job. In a week or two I'd expect things to be more stable and prices to be turning into a new standard.

Ogedei Khan

Recruit
Mar 30, 2021
in the mods defense nothing sounds more feudal than the situation the O.P described... Feudal system to a tee.. it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Orici

Recruit
Dec 18, 2022
Rebellion isnt an option.... so there is that.... Exodus is the only one... but that way everyone looses

Gnasher

Recruit
Nov 11, 2021
Only problem i had so far: food is way too heavy, it just weights so much. Bread for 5 days for 75 troops weights around 150.

Orici

Recruit
Dec 18, 2022
ok my assumption of those value didnt hold... so it is working fine... still the weight is kinda high i went in with my numbers in mind ended up with 1000 bread which i coulnd move past the citygate lol

Boldcut

Recruit
Dec 31, 2022
CN server has thousands of orders at a boar price 10000 :) it is necessary to adjust the difficulty and output.