Could not update game mod?

ZD Tibbz

Recruit
May 7, 2021
Hi all,

Hoping someone might have knowledge of this or experienced it before. As I start the client through the desktop shortcut, I'm met with a notification saying "Could not update game mod! Check to see if the game is still in process and try to run the launcher as administrator."

I've checked through the forums and the discord, only a couple indirect mentions of related issues but either unanswered or didn't work. I've ensured that the Bannerlord game is up to date through Steam, and that both the Bannerlord and Bannerlord Online version numbers match (e1.5.9.268958). I actually had Bannerlord updated before I installed Online the first time. Tried the obvious answer of running it as admin, nothing there either.

Also tried reinstalling, both along the same file path as before and also into the same drive as where Bannerlord is installed - no dice. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Pic attached for reference.

Attachments

• BannerlordOnline.PNG
    BannerlordOnline.PNG
    375.2 KB · Views: 86

Freda Barber

Recruit
Apr 4, 2024
I've checked through the forums and the discord, only a couple indirect mentions of related issues but either unanswered or didn't work. I've ensured that the Bannerlord game is up to date Modilimitado En through Steam, and that both the Bannerlord and Bannerlord Online version numbers match (e1.5.9.268958). I actually had Bannerlord updated before I installed Online the first time. Tried the obvious answer of running it as admin, nothing there either.

Last edited:

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
I've checked through the forums and the discord, only a couple indirect mentions of related issues but either unanswered or didn't work. I've ensured that the Bannerlord game is up to date through Steam, and that both the Bannerlord and Bannerlord Online version numbers match (e1.5.9.268958). I actually had Bannerlord updated before I installed Online the first time. Tried the obvious answer of running it as admin, nothing there either.

Hello Freda,

Your game version e1.5.9 is a very outdated version, dating back to early access of April 2021.
Bannerlord Online is always running on the latest stable version of Bannerlord, in which the current version is v1.2.9. Notice the difference in letter, with "e" representing "early access" and "v" being used since full release.

I suspect you may have Bannerlord set to a specific beta version, which you can change in Steam.
After changing the version, make sure Steam installs the update. If no update is pending, try verifying the integrity of the game files through steam.

Changing Game Version
Betas-none2.gif

Verifying Integrity of Game Files

Verifying2.gif

DubbA

Recruit
Sep 29, 2022
1712699167105.png

I have already carried out all the methods mentioned above, and the game does not update.