Control Groups

Overtyped

Recruit
Jan 1, 2022
There's a lack of choice when it comes to controlling your units. It would be nice if you could split the same unit into a different control group.
As a practical example, I cannot flank two sides with my horsemen because I can't split them into different groups.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hi overtyped,

This is a feature that hasn't been possi le in the base game until update 1.7.0. The mod is still making adjustments to handle all the major changes that update brought.

Hopefully the new feature that allows what you're asking for will be added to the mod. But it's uncertain if this is feasible for online due to it adding more delays to the beginning of the battle.

Overtyped

Recruit
Jan 1, 2022
Hi overtyped,

This is a feature that hasn't been possi le in the base game until update 1.7.0. The mod is still making adjustments to handle all the major changes that update brought.

Hopefully the new feature that allows what you're asking for will be added to the mod. But it's uncertain if this is feasible for online due to it adding more delays to the beginning of the battle.
Could you expand on what you mean by delays?

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Right now when you engage in a PvP battle, a 20 second timer on the campaign map waits for people to join. (PvE can skip this timer)

After the 20 seconds, the battle begins to load and there's a 30 second timer for all participating players to join the first wave.

Single player now uses pre-battle deployment which happens after the battle loads. If this were also present in Online, there would be another timer giving people time to choose deployment. (Though perhaps the first wave could be locked to prevent people from joining while others are deploying.

Overtyped

Recruit
Jan 1, 2022
Right now when you engage in a PvP battle, a 20 second timer on the campaign map waits for people to join. (PvE can skip this timer)

After the 20 seconds, the battle begins to load and there's a 30 second timer for all participating players to join the first wave.

Single player now uses pre-battle deployment which happens after the battle loads. If this were also present in Online, there would be another timer giving people time to choose deployment. (Though perhaps the first wave could be locked to prevent people from joining while others are deploying.
This has nothing to do with deployment. We are thinking of different things. I'll give you an example of a control group: infantry are in control group 1, archers are control group 2, skirmishers control group 3, and so on. Control groups are something we already have, it's already in the game, its how we control units.

Last edited:

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
These control groups were actually removed from single player and replaced by pre-battle deployment.

The control groups are unable to seperate the same unit into multiple groups. Pre-battle deployment can do this, but isn't in BO.