Cargo delivery problems

Somnorila

Recruit
Mar 11, 2023
I just tried the mod today and went on testing stuff around, one of which was cargo delivery. I don't quite understand what's happening as i have two price values. Went on YT and saw a clip where the guy had a different tooltips when hovering and i got it from there what each value means. Wonder why for me i can only see two values and not like his where it was explained that one is a deposit and the other one is a reward, he even had how much time the order is available. I have no clue as in my hud i see nothing.
But the main issue i encountered was that with some orders i get a game crash when i take them. Any pointers?

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hi Somnorilla,

It does seem like the tooltip information is gone, as you've stated. However, the information of the values is still visible from the Trader.
So in my example below, looking at the "Cargo to Poros", you have to pay 5571 denars to get the cargo. Upon delivering it you will receive 6685, which is the initial purchase + 1114 in reward.

I'm not sure that the 2 days delivery that was previously mentioned actually applied.

1678562405548.png

I haven't delivered any cargo since the update to v1.1.0 (currently on v1.1.1). But the large Taleworlds update had quite a significant impact on tooltips, so it's plausible that it's a side effect of that update.

Is there anything in specific that you notice on the occasions that it crashes?
- Specific town?
- One or multiple cargos for that town?
- Do you have cargos for multiple towns?
- Are you able to deliver cargo to a town that crashed before?
- What crash message do you get?

Somnorila

Recruit
Mar 11, 2023
I don't think it's a specific town as i think it's something about the shop altogether because i got crashes in different towns. Just that i noticed first when taking delivery cargo in my inventory. It also happened when i wanted to add to shop for sale a piece of armor. I don't know what is really the cause to replicate it as most interactions work without issues just sometimes it happen to crash.
Probably the towns don't really matter but the cargo crash happened in zeonica while taking cargo for poros, others worked just a specific one that was paying good but would also make my char overburdened a bit, so maybe i got crash because of being overburdened.
When i relogged i had the two within capacity in my inventory. When i tried again to take the one that was over capacity a bit, so the speed was not affected too much, i got crash again. Other back and forth worked just fine, but was within capacity always. So it's possible just haven't tested enough that when over capacity and press accept something get's messed up.
The second town was Jalmaris when i put for sale some rags at a very low price 50 gold, maybe that was the cause, too low of a price ask. After relogging i can see the item is posted on the market for sale. So maybe something regarding communication with the server or something like that.
I have no idea what error it is, the game closes to desktop and i get the prompt to report the error or not.

Last edited:

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
There's been some crashes upon finishing the cargo purchase from the Trader, mostly in Zeonica, IF another player has purchased that same cargo while you're purchasing it. This is more likely to happen the longer you're spending time checking the list.

A similar error, without crash, can also occur if you're trying to list more items than your trade license permits.

Somnorila

Recruit
Mar 11, 2023
There's been some crashes upon finishing the cargo purchase from the Trader, mostly in Zeonica, IF another player has purchased that same cargo while you're purchasing it. This is more likely to happen the longer you're spending time checking the list.

A similar error, without crash, can also occur if you're trying to list more items than your trade license permits.
Was just thinking now about this as i got another crash in Poros and were only me and another player at the trader. So you're most likely right that it's when more players want to get same item at the same time. So instead of a prompt of not being available anymore, or having it locked for other players if you already took it, someone or all get crashes. More likely just one gets it as otherwise would had been more of visible and spread out issue for more to notice.

Somnorila

Recruit
Mar 11, 2023
Nope, not that. Got another one while alone at the trader. Just unloaded the cargo got the money and got crash when i entered its goods inventory to chose another run.