Can't play normal bannerlord with online installed?

damianvincent

Recruit
Jul 26, 2021
Ever since I installed bannerlord online, I can't play regular bannerlord, everytime I try and launch the singleplayer through vortex everything loads up fine till the main menu, at which point I get a bannerlord online error saying launch through your launcher, I don't want to play bannerlord online right now, how do I fix this?

damianvincent

Recruit
Jul 26, 2021
I figured it out, didn't realize bannerlord online dropped a pack in my mod folder but probably should have. Simply disabling the mod allows the single player. Derp.

Tropic

Recruit
Nov 4, 2022
I don't have Bannerlord Online enabled in my Native Launcher, yet when I run through Vortex, it keeps giving me the same error OP had. It keeps saying failing to initialize and restart Bannerlord Online when I run through Vortex

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
I don't have Bannerlord Online enabled in my Native Launcher, yet when I run through Vortex, it keeps giving me the same error OP had. It keeps saying failing to initialize and restart Bannerlord Online when I run through Vortex
Bannerlord Online has its own launcher. It is not launcher through the regular launcher.
For that reason you can also keep Bannerlord Online disabled in the modules list of the regular launcher.

Tropic

Recruit
Nov 4, 2022
Bannerlord Online has its own launcher. It is not launcher through the regular launcher.
For that reason you can also keep Bannerlord Online disabled in the modules list of the regular launcher.
I appreciate the response but I don't think you're understanding; I am getting this error when running the game through the Vortex launcher. I have BO disabled in the Native launcher as well. My only fix was having to delete BO from my modules folder. I don't want to have to do that everytime I want to switch from BO to SP so that is not a solution, but a temporary patch.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Are you saying you're receiving that error when running SP while you have BO installed (in the modules folder)?
I've never heard of any errors with launching SP when BO is disabled.

It is known though that BO conflicts with mods. Not all mods, but it depends on what the mods change within the game. Big overhaul mods are more likely to conflict than simple adjustments.

The bigger ones like Harmony, Butterlib, MCM are fine, they cause no conflicts.