A Question Regarding the Rules Concerning Combat

BabyBopp

Recruit
Dec 26, 2021
5. A player deliberately delaying battle may be subject to punishment when performing, but not limited to, one of the below actions;

§5.1: A player actively avoids all combat by maintaining a large distance, making it near impossible to attack or be attacked against an AI battle (i.e. bandits), thus making him unreachable from global map for a undetermined amount of time.

§5.2: A player who avoids any engagement except making damage to enemies, neutral horses or his own horse, in order to hang battle for more than 10min, not out-timing the battle so his mates can get into the battle

5. A player deliberately delaying battle may be subject to punishment when performing, but not limited to, one of the below actions;
5.) Am I interpreting this correctly that running away from any fight is prohibited? If so, does that mean it's against the rules to flee from an army that outnumbers you 3:1 or 5:1?

§5.1: A player actively avoids all combat by maintaining a large distance, making it near impossible to attack or be attacked against an AI battle (i.e. bandits), thus making him unreachable from global map for a undetermined amount of time.

5.1) Same question as above but adding further: Does this rule (as well as the others,) apply merely to AI or does it include PVP as well?

§5.2: A player who avoids any engagement except making damage to enemies, neutral horses or his own horse, in order to hang battle for more than 10min, not out-timing the battle so his mates can get into the battle

5.2.) So, one of the biggest and most important tactics used by the Khuzaits, (ie. Khergits, ie. Mongols IRL,) is to fight mostly or entirely on horseback, shooting arrows from a distance and sweeping to and fro through enemy lines with lancers. This plays to your advantage as both a faction and army on horseback and applies a serious disadvantage to a primarily infantry based army.

Am I assuming correctly then that such a tactic is disallowed?

If so, then it would seem to me that this would remove the Khuzite's most important advantage and thus apply a serious disadvantage when fighting other factions.

Thank you for your time. Loving the mod so far.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
5.) Am I interpreting this correctly that running away from any fight is prohibited? If so, does that mean it's against the rules to flee from an army that outnumbers you 3:1 or 5:1?

5.1) Same question as above but adding further: Does this rule (as well as the others,) apply merely to AI or does it include PVP as well?

5.2.) So, one of the biggest and most important tactics used by the Khuzaits, (ie. Khergits, ie. Mongols IRL,) is to fight mostly or entirely on horseback, shooting arrows from a distance and sweeping to and fro through enemy lines with lancers. This plays to your advantage as both a faction and army on horseback and applies a serious disadvantage to a primarily infantry based army.

Am I assuming correctly then that such a tactic is disallowed?

If so, then it would seem to me that this would remove the Khuzite's most important advantage and thus apply a serious disadvantage when fighting other factions.

Thank you for your time. Loving the mod so far.
Hi BabyBopp,

Let's see if I can clarify this with answers to your questions.

5.) This is in regards to when you are actually in combat and purposely avoiding the enemy so they can't fight you. For example when running along the edge of the map to avoid getting attacked. On the campaign map, you're free to run as much as you can to avoid getting pulled into a fight.

5.1) This can apply to both PvE and PvP battles. For example when a player is climbing on rocks on the edge of the map and the enemy AI is unable to attack you. Which is also in violation of another rule. But if this is done to ensure the battle doesn't end anytime soon, it's considered delaying.

5.2) This is similar to 5.) But let's clarify this a bit more. Once no damage is done during a fight for 5 minutes, the battle automatically ends. To prevent players from extending a battle, whether that is to wait for reinforcements or just trapping the enemy in a fight, this rule is created. For example, attacking your own horse or the horse of a fallen cavalry, would reset that 5 minute timer. Allowing you to extend the battle very long without attacking any enemies.

So yes, using horse archers against horse archers is certainly allowed. These rules all focus on when a player purposely makes a battle last much longer than it should.