This will be the basic of ALL trading - suggestion

Edward York

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
This can be a bit long, but it shoud be a interesting idea!

• The economic system is very important!

M&B Online is already having a wonderful start, it is a dream for all our M&B players
Thx to all the people who bring M&B Online to us.

However there is one thing I believe is almost necessary for M&B Online to have:

A Good Economic System

At this stage of game most of the cities have the same goods from the trader NPC
Only looters to fight to get gears. (which is very limited)
Players rely on moonlight's lovely announcements and Leanbow's rewardable activities to get new equipments.
(Thx again to all the people who bring M&B Online to us.)

I hope my suggestion below will be helpful to build A Good Economic System to make most of the players happy

For example,

there are villages have unique outputs like: iron ores, leather and stuff......

there is also a faction who wants to build army, which require resources like iron ores and leather......
there we have a demand on these resources which a faction leader/buyer can set up a price for these resources
and there can be a buy order shows up in the trader NPC's menu.

there are also players running around looking for a way to make some lovely money for themselves,
they had a look from trader NPC then like "oh noice" they have a pretty high price for iron ores mate,
'we should get out there and get some ores, '
'aye, mate let's go'
then they mine ores for this trader NPC for money, ores goes to this buyer and money goes to those miners.

When there are loooooots of player think 'oh noice they have a pretty high price for iron ores, we should get out there and get some ores'
then there will be lots of ores in this market and the ores doesn't worth that much anymore.
the buyer decided to reduce the price to half, he still gets lots of ores by only half of the price
then all the miners are not happy 'mate, don't you think it is not worth our effort now ? '
'aye mate, this is not worth it anymore, I heard people in south are looking for ores badly, they have a war to fight'
'sounds good mate, we should sell our ores to them then ! '
'aye mate, let's sell our ores to them ! '
there goes a caravan. And the price for all items are decided by players.

if players need it, then it has a value. if it's something trash, no one would buy it.(or maybe buy trash to recycle for parts and resources)

there you have A Good Economic System

and all these activities like mining and trading are all form by players because someone wants it and I will get gold by doing it.

it is all player activities, not given by system or anything.

The price will always be the right price,
safety of caravans, distance from the resources, the work it takes to get those resources.......
all will be calculated by real players, which they will try to figure out the best way for themselves.

;)just some idea I had been wanting to achieve for PW server.
please feel free to comment below.
(Thx again to all the people who bring M&B Online to us. You guys are great!)

Nolego

Recruit
Mar 25, 2021
You've just described the law of supply and demand. It shouldn't be that difficult to achieve I think, Persistent worlds had it down quite well. All you need is a product that can be produced and bought, and for there to be an incentive to produce and buy them. The site already says the goods you produce will be fed into armies so I'm pretty sure the devs already have plans for this.