Saddles

Ratul

Recruit
Apr 1, 2021
Where are the horse saddles in the game. most players are running around saddleless. Also the only one i found listed was priced at 9mil

Anzac

Recruit
Apr 4, 2021
game needs an economy fix
It's a player economy, so it's a problem of lack of supply being bought at villages and sold at markets. There are huge gaps in the market and therefore huge potentials for profit. However, I for one can't be bothered trying to fill those market gaps as I don't know whether or not the enormous amount of grind it'd take will be obliterated come full release and wipe, and I'd assume others feel the same way, hence the discordant economy.

Ratul

Recruit
Apr 1, 2021
It's a player economy, so it's a problem of lack of supply being bought at villages and sold at markets. There are huge gaps in the market and therefore huge potentials for profit. However, I for one can't be bothered trying to fill those market gaps as I don't know whether or not the enormous amount of grind it'd take will be obliterated come full release and wipe, and I'd assume others feel the same way, hence the discordant economy.
And back to my point the game needs an economy fix at full launch. As it is now the game economy needs rebalance there are some people with too much wealth who can buy entire market stocks up and sell at a high price. Same reason why desert horses are priced at 100k -600k people with the trade lic are just buying them up and reselling at higher price. The lic price needs to be fixed.

Firiona Vie

Recruit
Apr 7, 2021
I spent 3 hours farming solo (mainly because I had to take intermittent break from falling asleep at the keyboard) and made a little over 10k gold. But the uses for gold is almost entirely limited to paying for troop recruitment and a few mules to increase carrying cap. Other than that I have the best armor (armor value possible in slots) and highest tier weapons. So there appears to be no reason to buy anything else with the gold. I honestly do not think that using player based economy is the best option considering there is no crafting available and a very limited pool of items to even sell or buy. Horses are ridiculously over priced and without a saddle you cannot even fully utilize them. The old work horse is a waste of gold as it is just a liability in combat especially against sea raiders. After all that is said though the experience has been interesting.

Reactions: SpanishShooter

UntherAntonios

Recruit
Apr 8, 2021
I spent 3 hours farming solo (mainly because I had to take intermittent break from falling asleep at the keyboard) and made a little over 10k gold. But the uses for gold is almost entirely limited to paying for troop recruitment and a few mules to increase carrying cap. Other than that I have the best armor (armor value possible in slots) and highest tier weapons. So there appears to be no reason to buy anything else with the gold. I honestly do not think that using player based economy is the best option considering there is no crafting available and a very limited pool of items to even sell or buy. Horses are ridiculously over priced and without a saddle you cannot even fully utilize them. The old work horse is a waste of gold as it is just a liability in combat especially against sea raiders. After all that is said though the experience has been interesting.

Agreed, I thought the mod would just be regular Bannerlord but in multiplayer, which is a cool achievement don;t get me wrong, was very exciting, but the charm has already subsided by how limiting the whole experience is...and this about a game that still feels barebones itself.

When you're not dodging super-looters and other bandits, and constantly having to throw fresh recruits at them because they die so frequently before they can get to any decent rank, only winning battles against less than a handful of bandits, or trying to dance around and go in when someone with a bigger more promoted force engages them.
I'd try and carry the slack of my AI troops to but it's ridiculous how hard and fast looters hit, I literally can't get a hit in unless they're severely out-numbered and distracted. That's ridiculous. I'm not like a hardcore gamer but I know from the rest of my experience in Bannerlord I can usually give a half-decent fight, especially when I have semi-decent kit and I'm against Looters of all mobs.
You're slogging around trying to trade or grind farming to get enough cash for some ridiculously overpriced object which doesn't seem to be in any other trader markets but the Zeonica one, and the prices are ridiculous.

It took ages to grind enough for that awful old workhorse, and as Firiona says, the fact the only saddles available are so insanely priced speaks against any player-led economy.

Also as an aside, granted it's early days, but the world feels so pitifully static. The only thing it has over basic Bannerlord is that you don't feel quite so alone, instead you just feel like you're in a dead world.

Mostly the economy and balance just needs fixing so people can do a bit more fighting and actually making some progress on that count and whatever else and a little less grinding away for pennies.

I'd like to see how this plays out, it could be amazing, right now it's more of a cool idea in gestation though, the actual playing of it right now isn't terribly exciting.

Reactions: Дунав

Ratul

Recruit
Apr 1, 2021
Agreed, I thought the mod would just be regular Bannerlord but in multiplayer, which is a cool achievement don;t get me wrong, was very exciting, but the charm has already subsided by how limiting the whole experience is...and this about a game that still feels barebones itself.

When you're not dodging super-looters and other bandits, and constantly having to throw fresh recruits at them because they die so frequently before they can get to any decent rank, only winning battles against less than a handful of bandits, or trying to dance around and go in when someone with a bigger more promoted force engages them.
I'd try and carry the slack of my AI troops to but it's ridiculous how hard and fast looters hit, I literally can't get a hit in unless they're severely out-numbered and distracted. That's ridiculous. I'm not like a hardcore gamer but I know from the rest of my experience in Bannerlord I can usually give a half-decent fight, especially when I have semi-decent kit and I'm against Looters of all mobs.
You're slogging around trying to trade or grind farming to get enough cash for some ridiculously overpriced object which doesn't seem to be in any other trader markets but the Zeonica one, and the prices are ridiculous.

It took ages to grind enough for that awful old workhorse, and as Firiona says, the fact the only saddles available are so insanely priced speaks against any player-led economy.

Also as an aside, granted it's early days, but the world feels so pitifully static. The only thing it has over basic Bannerlord is that you don't feel quite so alone, instead you just feel like you're in a dead world.

Mostly the economy and balance just needs fixing so people can do a bit more fighting and actually making some progress on that count and whatever else and a little less grinding away for pennies.

I'd like to see how this plays out, it could be amazing, right now it's more of a cool idea in gestation though, the actual playing of it right now isn't terribly exciting.
Agreed. The made the only viable troops be the nomad horse archers every other troop type is useless. And the economy fuck it sucks. They need to add high teir gear soon and other necessaties. For all the farming they make you do there are no food in the game. Lastly there is no xp over time in the game. So those teir 1 troops you have left over they are gonna stay teir 1 for ever. As only the high teir unit groups get all the kills.

Luca Bravehide

Infantry Man
Apr 1, 2021
They could fix the high tier unit only gets kills by enabling players to use the grouping system in party menus and making your own groups or changing what group what is in.

In this way we can send '5' group meatshield/peasants in different orders.

It should be implemented as priority.

Modafinil

Recruit
Apr 6, 2021

Early game is brutal to everyone but once you get over the initial struggle it's pretty easy once you can field an army of 30-40 troops you can smash 20 forest bandits/raiders and get some decent loot and money.

I was thinking the same thing, that it's pretty underwhelming without PvP and any end-game goals. The global chat in the game keeps me pretty busy though all the while you're doing stuff, like leveling up archery, athletics, etc.

HH Xorty

Recruit
Mar 16, 2021
Agreed. The made the only viable troops be the nomad horse archers every other troop type is useless. And the economy fuck it sucks. They need to add high teir gear soon and other necessaties. For all the farming they make you do there are no food in the game. Lastly there is no xp over time in the game. So those teir 1 troops you have left over they are gonna stay teir 1 for ever. As only the high teir unit groups get all the kills.
passive xp gain is literally the worst thing that could get implemented and you already hinted at it: some people have lots of money... now add some passive xpgain to it... they get toptier armies for being afk and then can just stomp all the newer players... jsut play it slow. get some units. kill stacks that are smaller than yours and focus on geting items from the bandits. dont buy top tier items. go for middle tier because they are nearly as good and cost a fraction of it

Moz

Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
I understand supply and demand, once a server is populated and there are people everywhere to move items, however for now people should be selling items for a reasonable price until supply/demand becomes more sustained, and prices are settled. Selling something for 100k or 9mil which normally shouldn't be anywhere near that price, is ridiculous. Comes down to greed.

I'm not against someone putting an item up for a stupid price to see if someone will buy it, but this early on we really need to be reasonable, get a foot hold of the economy now before hundreds more jump in.

Personally whatever I get for free or for cheap, be it from a battle or whatever, I am selling for what I deem a reasonable price, I'm still making a profit either way, so new players and others can afford to have fun. If we try to follow that early on, we may then have a more realistic economy. It takes time to accumulate an adequate amount of money. Lets not then sell items which are a necessity to low level players for extortionate prices. (y)

Drewsko

Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
only way to get reliable gear is to wait for the 'waderer' trader event to spawn in certain cities and then rush to buy from him. Sad thing is a 12k horse from him will be sold later on in the day for 120k. Be patient and wait to see if devs add more resources for new players (which in time it is bound to happen) or pay now extra to get items quickly (like gpu market).

kikoncuo

Recruit
Apr 13, 2021
only way to get reliable gear is to wait for the 'waderer' trader event to spawn in certain cities and then rush to buy from him. Sad thing is a 12k horse from him will be sold later on in the day for 120k. Be patient and wait to see if devs add more resources for new players (which in time it is bound to happen) or pay now extra to get items quickly (like gpu market).
How where and when does he spawn? is there a guide for different events?