Risks of trade - suggestion

DP Lemur

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Make cargos lose a % of value on lost battles, because right now there is no real risk in trading, there's only the matter of how long it takes. Maybe make it lose only profit value so player can still always get the deposit back, or after profit is decreased to 0 deposit value could start decreasing too.

Example, assuming a 10% of profit value lost on each lost battle:
Player picks up 500/100 cargo paying 500 gold. On his way to delivery target, he loses 3 battles, so he loses 3x10% of 100 profit, so 30, and his cargo is now 500/70. He delivers the cargo and receives 570 gold, making only 70 profit instead of 100.

Another example, still 10% of profit value lost, but now with possibility to lose deposit value:
Player picks up 2000/200 cargo paying 2000 gold as deposit. On his way to delivery target he loses a total of 12 battles, so he loses 120% of profit value, 200*120%=240. Cargo's profit is now 0, and an additional 40 is subtracted from the deposit value, and the cargo is now 1960/0 (or maybe it could show as 2000/-40 ? ). Player delivers the cargo and receives 1960 gold, losing 40 gold in the process.

Of course all the numbers are subject to change, could be 5, 15 or 20 %, instead of only the profit value the % lost could be of deposit or entire value.

• Good
Reactions: ESP NewenCarlo

nalesnik

Recruit
Mar 16, 2021
Poland
Make cargos lose a % of value on lost battles, because right now there is no real risk in trading, there's only the matter of how long it takes. Maybe make it lose only profit value so player can still always get the deposit back, or after profit is decreased to 0 deposit value could start decreasing too.

Example, assuming a 10% of profit value lost on each lost battle:
Player picks up 500/100 cargo paying 500 gold. On his way to delivery target, he loses 3 battles, so he loses 3x10% of 100 profit, so 30, and his cargo is now 500/70. He delivers the cargo and receives 570 gold, making only 70 profit instead of 100.

Another example, still 10% of profit value lost, but now with possibility to lose deposit value:
Player picks up 2000/200 cargo paying 2000 gold as deposit. On his way to delivery target he loses a total of 12 battles, so he loses 120% of profit value, 200*120%=240. Cargo's profit is now 0, and an additional 40 is subtracted from the deposit value, and the cargo is now 1960/0 (or maybe it could show as 2000/-40 ? ). Player delivers the cargo and receives 1960 gold, losing 40 gold in the process.

Of course all the numbers are subject to change, could be 5, 15 or 20 %, instead of only the profit value the % lost could be of deposit or entire value.
Instead of doing stuff like you proposed they decided to nerf it so much that for the biggest cargo across the map you can get 2-3k
also: i think you did the math wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: Xarnarany

DP Lemur

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Instead of doing stuff like you proposed they decided to nerf it so much that for the biggest cargo across the map you can get 2-3k
also: i think you did the math wrong
where wrong math? Also, keep in mind that "% of profit lost" I refer to just the PROFIT value, so in 500/100 just to the 100 gold (maybe I didnt make that obvious enough)

also, they're still balancing trade, some changes are expected even today I think

barely anyone loses battles.
but once there's PvP... :)
Also, this would discourage beginner players from going over their cargo limit, because if they travel at 0.5 speed with 5 troops, a 10 looter stack could easily catch up to him

Also, if there is RISK I could say that then it would make more sense to also increase the PROFIT

because right now, it's just PROFIT, no risk

nalesnik

Recruit
Mar 16, 2021
Poland
where wrong math? Also, keep in mind that "% of profit lost" I refer to just the PROFIT value, so in 500/100 just to the 100 gold (maybe I didnt make that obvious enough)

also, they're still balancing trade, some changes are expected even today I think

but once there's PvP... :)
Also, this would discourage beginner players from going over their cargo limit, because if they travel at 0.5 speed with 5 troops, a 10 looter stack could easily catch up to him

Also, if there is RISK I could say that then it would make more sense to also increase the PROFIT

because right now, it's just PROFIT, no risk
oh alright i understood it wrong. I thought that you would take away 10% of the profit each time player is defeated. So it would be 10% from 100 gold, and then 10% from 90 gold and then 10% from 81 gold and so on

DP Lemur

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
oh alright i understood it wrong. I thought that you would take away 10% of the profit each time player is defeated. So it would be 10% from 100 gold, and then 10% from 90 gold and then 10% from 81 gold and so on
that could work too (as I mentioned, all is subject to change), but yeah it's not what I meant originally

NikolaTheScamr

Infantry Man
Mar 18, 2021
Basement
Well losing battles slows down your trade run. And if you time your run to have about just enough time to finish it before it expires. Guess what.. If you lose 3 battles you'll lose much more than 27%
Problem right now is that for 40+ armies it's very unlikely to run into anything that can endanger your run.
Also don't forget you can just go to Aserai and trade with 0 looters ( cuz they only spawn in forests)

All this math stuff make me head hurt, ples no math stuffs.

This kind of a nerf would make it even harder for newer players to trade. Or those with smaller armies. And that is the only proper way to make money rn.

And yeah, it can happen that you actually get teleported to a place that would speed up your run.
But ! You'd have 0 units and 0% HP. So you'd be an easy picking for any looter army at that point + not to mention you wouldn't be able to outrun any.
Losing even 1 battle ruins a proper trade run. Those 10% won't mean much when i can't even get to a town :)

Thoug these are noob trader problems. Not problematic for a master trader such as myself.

Last edited:

DP Lemur

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Well losing battles slows down your trade run. And if you time your run to have about just enough time to finish it before it expires. Guess what.. If you lose 3 battles you'll lose much more than 27%
Problem right now is that for 40+ armies it's very unlikely to run into anything that can endanger your run.
Also don't forget you can just go to Aserai and trade with 0 looters ( cuz they only spawn in forests)

All this math stuff make me head hurt, ples no math stuffs.

This kind of a nerf would make it even harder for newer players to trade. Or those with smaller armies. And that is the only proper way to make money rn.

And yeah, it can happen that you actually get teleported to a place that would speed up your run.
But ! You'd have 0 units and 0% HP. So you'd be an easy picking for any looter army at that point + not to mention you wouldn't be able to outrun any.
Losing even 1 battle ruins a proper trade run. Those 10% won't mean much when i can't even get to a town :)

Thoug these are noob trader problems. Not problematic for a master trader such as myself.
I have never had any issue with delivering cargos on time, but maybe that's because I never pick up long-distance cargo. I imagine those need extra balancing, either being way more profitable because of required rush, or they should give 1-2 more days time to deliver.

For now yeah there's not much to endanger bigger parties, but I'm thinking also for the future, when new bandit parties are introduced and when we get PVP. I imagine that if bandit players could just take everything from defeated players inventory that would be met with huge outrage, and it's not like bandits rob caravans to take their cargo and deliver it themselves. My idea here could also serve to "convert" profits from cargo to "hard cash" bandit players - player's cargo loses 40 gold from profit part, bandit player gains that 40 gold. The more cargo player has in his inventory, the more the bandit player can gain.

Making it harder for newer players... maybe. Maybe as it should be? I hope that with time there will be some "safe zones" or "beginner zones" where bandit parties would be weaker to allow new players to gain some initital strength, and then they should be able to trade in those zones. If they are too weak... well they are just too weak.

Kind of forgot about the teleporting part. Maybe instead of that, we could get a system where a defeated party becomes unattackable and gains some speed boost for some time, to give them time to escape bandits?

If a player loses his speed because he lost army, that's on him, he should be aware of that risk.

choromakolo

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
They already have future plans to make people lose loot/Denars on losing battles.. It will come just need patience

NikolaTheScamr

Infantry Man
Mar 18, 2021
Basement
Well keeping short trade runs relatively safe and not super profitable would be a thing that newer traders could use.
And having longer trades more rewarding but more risky overall would be nice.

Also i had idea that when faction come they'll have their own special cargo that is more rewarding, but they would be in danger from player bandits and other waring factions.

Too many ideas to fit in 1 mod xD
And what is technically possible is a different story. + i bet developers have more ideas.