Quick Tips for your B&O gameplay

Edward York

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
Get the starter mission done FIRST and SAVE your gold, don't spend unessary gold on stuff you don't need.
Check out this video as a guide then you know everyway you can do to make money
however farming to get money is slow, rise your army and take as much member as you can and fight looters that you can alway win easily,
this way you can keep your troop HEALTHY so you can continue fighting

remove your wounded tier 1 troop and hire a fresh ones in city can help you quickly start moving and taking fights again.

moving at night is slow you can spend time in arena till day time

Best troop for killing looters are horse archers.

the ONLY way to lead a bigger army is to fight looters and increase your skill

the ONLY way to have more mule in your army is to complete transporting goods to increase your skill

Press I to open your inventory

Press J to open your task menu

Press C to check your skills

REMEMBER to ungrade your troops

Edward York

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
It is not.
Heavy troopers can be good with their throwing wepons but if they got out numbered some might get killed
Most of the time horse archers travels fastest, doesn't hurt as much when they got out number by looters, can control range and most of the time no lost at all~

Wesol

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
It's pretty annoying when people say 'Horse archers are the best for looters', don't do that, let's leave new guys to try out troops, let them see which troops they like and which troops work for them.
If you continue telling new guys to use horse archers then out of 6 troop trees we will see on the map only Khuzaits and their HA.

The biggest advantage of not using horse archers is finishing battles quicker, it allows you to make progress faster & train your troops faster.
Advantage of HA - you can kill enemies without loosing troops *unless u're unlucky*
And please remember that DPS of HA is pretty low. In my opinion it takes too long to finish a battle with them, unless you have like 100 units...

Are horse archers the easiest for beginners? Yup. If you want to go for easy game go for HA.
It is more difficult (at least at the beggining) to use infantry but it does not make infantry troops worse.

It's more accurate to say that horse archers are the easiest (and cheaper as you do not need to get new recruits so often), not the best.

Heavy troopers can be good with their throwing wepons but if they got out numbered some might get killed
Most of the time horse archers travels fastest, doesn't hurt as much when they got out number by looters, can control range and most of the time no lost at all~

I use heavy infantry with javelins + archers. I like strugians. Their Vet Bowmans + Heavy Axemans are doing their work. I have a group of 20 trained troops (tier 4/5) and around 15 recruits, 2/3 tier troops and I can easily kill large groups of looters. It takes 30 secs, not 5 minutes as with horse archers & casulaties are none or almost none - sometimes a recruit or two dies but it's not a big deal.

The truth is that it was pain in the ass to get to the point when my infantry troops are strong enough to fight large looter groups but it was totally worth it.

Okay, then what is?

DO NOT LEAVE US ALL IN SUSPENSE.
Well, there's many options as you have 6 troop trees with variety of troops. It's pretty much personal preference what is the best for you & your game style.
So, I would say... Something like 'the best troop for looters' (or troops overall) does not exist?
Or maybe, every troop is good as long as it's tier 4 or 5? At least for looters.

Edward York

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
yeah just trying to make it easier for starters, couples of melee can't win groups of looters. when people have got 30+ or even more, they will have their own way to win fights for sure XD

Wesol

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
yeah just trying to make it easier for starters, couples of melee can't win groups of looters. when people have got 30+ or even more, they will have their own way to win fights for sure XD
If they attack a group of 30 when they have 5 infantry troops then they're simply dumb and it has nothing to do with troops.

If they attack a group of 5 looters, having 5 inf troops then they shouldn't have a problem to win.

It people do not carry any cargo it's pretty easy to run away from looters.

It can't be easier, despite troops type.

pngun

Recruit
Mar 16, 2021
1. Horse archers are op in whole game. I tested it a lot in custom battles. 100 horse archers can own 200 shield throwing spears infantry. And vlandian infantry are so bad that horse archers can own them 50 vs 200. Also i killed 59 looters with 15 horse archers without any archer being nockdowned. When 10 looters remained, my archers were out of bullets so i make them run through the looters like a cavalry by clicking the place where they should go, and archers killed them all. So i can say horse archers is definitely best against looters. Just never do F1-F3. Say them to follow you and just keep middle distance from looters or you can say them move in some place, shoot, then move in other place then shoot. Also you can try experiment with formations.
2. We already see nearly only Khuzaits and they HA because its actually op and need to be fixed. Also i think as more people use this as faster its gonna be fixed by game devs, or at least by mod devs if its possible. Idk if game devs or their colleagues watch players choices in shit like that somehow, but its sad if they dont.
3. Its more fun to not use them now and i already switched to infantry. But i also dont like that the whole unit type are excluded from "fun" category because of his overpower.

Reactions: Edward York

Gussani

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
I have a mix of Vlandian, Imperial and Sturgian troops. Vlandian and Imperial Crossbowmen and Archers deal with a good portion of looters and then melee troops rush and overwhelm the looters while I go through the back and distract them with Stones and with my trusty Falchion.

Stop using brailness Horse Archers which are absolutely zero fun.

Edward York

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
1. Horse archers are op in whole game. I tested it a lot in custom battles. 100 horse archers can own 200 shield throwing spears infantry. And vlandian infantry are so bad that horse archers can own them 50 vs 200. Also i killed 59 looters with 15 horse archers without any archer being nockdowned. When 10 looters remained, my archers were out of bullets so i make them run through the looters like a cavalry by clicking the place where they should go, and archers killed them all. So i can say horse archers is definitely best against looters. Just never do F1-F3. Say them to follow you and just keep middle distance from looters or you can say them move in some place, shoot, then move in other place then shoot. Also you can try experiment with formations.
2. We already see nearly only Khuzaits and they HA because its actually op and need to be fixed. Also i think as more people use this as faster its gonna be fixed by game devs, or at least by mod devs if its possible. Idk if game devs or their colleagues watch players choices in shit like that somehow, but its sad if they dont.
3. Its more fun to not use them now and i already switched to infantry. But i also dont like that the whole unit type are excluded from "fun" category because of his overpower.
I agree with almost everything but HA is not OP all the time, HA is OP again none-shield melee units. If game introduce archer bandits, HA would have a big problem fighting them.

pngun

Recruit
Mar 16, 2021
I agree with almost everything but HA is not OP all the time, HA is OP again none-shield melee units. If game introduce archer bandits, HA would have a big problem fighting them.
I tested 100 archers vs 200 aserai big shield guys with throwing spears (and yes they was using shield-wall 99% of time, even when they throw spears shields do protect them), archers won and stayed in 40 people. So if you call 60 of 100 deaths by 200 units as a big problem, i can agree.

pngun

Recruit
Mar 16, 2021
yeah for sure. archers/crowssables can be good, a lot better accuracy than HA and more damage too
Yeah they are pretty op too. The only minus is they cant retreat that fast and have smaller chances to survive, you need some infantry to cover them. But battanian fians 6 rank have very good athletic so i think they can retreat even from looters that run very fast too.

Edward York

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
Yeah they are pretty op too. The only minus is they cant retreat that fast and have smaller chances to survive, you need some infantry to cover them. But battanian fians 6 rank have very good athletic so i think they can retreat even from looters that run very fast too.
yeah, two-handed swords are great for melee as well !

Julian Charls

Recruit
Mar 26, 2023
DTM
Honest to be, HA are not that good and as a new player is not that easy to get them bcs you have low leadership and tribal warriors are so bad troops.
In my first day in game, I was going with some empire inf and archers then I found the real killer.. SS (SharpShooters), I got 20 of them from a guys as a gift and they was so good versus looters then I just got more and more of them. Now, they are a bit slower (my opinion), I mean Fians are gone too..
But yea, if I have to start all over again, I will go for SS as fast as possible.