- *NEW* Antique Trader Update -

Sinnski

Recruit
Jun 21, 2021
United States
www.twitch.tv
Hey guys, you've probably seen me before in-game or in chat.

I went over the patch notes with my stream and we talked about a lot of major points and hypo-theorized what could be coming in the next update including the Antique trader.

- First looks, it gives off a 'slot machine' vibe. Because you put in tokens, there is three columns and you depend on RNG to get items from entering those coins. From the talks of it, we've gotten 50/50 vibes from this idea. Cons; you spend 9 hours farming bosses and bandits only to get 146 tokens, and (we theorized that each roll is 50 tokens) roll twice just to get 5 items >T2 and a T4~ item from those 9 hours of farming. The RNG is really sketched out unless they really make it even chances for all items in the game, or even units for each roll. This just sounds more disappointing from the outcomes than reward for what you go through, (the endless waves of bandits and bosses and the high chance of PVP after each fight).

- Pros; of the antique book trader, it's a good way to burn time and to fuel a gambling addiction, lmao.

- Ideas; this is where I had a huge conversation with my viewers to try and come up with something creative. Instead of it being a russian roulette wheel of items and units, instead put two vendors. One for coins, one for cups. The one for coins has 'two sets of beginner gear', 'two sets of mediocre / mid tier gear'', 'two high-tier unique ITEMS'', and then three random units, which could be any unit in the game. These choices refresh every 6 hours, so it gives you four different visits each day. The second vendor will be the cup vendor where it will have SET unique high-tier items and units for the next 24 hours. It's more or less like the Valorant or Fortnite shop. This will allow consistency for reward and not just freeball items we work hard for, instead we can choose and save the coins to get what we please.

To even extend that idea, these vendors can be in each CAPITAL city in EACH REGION. These vendors can hold regional unique troops and items. Not only will this allow for travel throughout the map and enable interaction, this could incentivize the use for the markets in these cities, as players will buy these items and want to sell them near the vendor for that regional location.

It's a longshot of an idea, but it would definitely bring out a more positive side in the community and promote using the market in other towns other than Zeonica, which is over-saturated with items that are either too over-priced or too under-priced because of the oversaturation.

Would love some input in the comments, or opinions on this idea!

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

- Sinnski (
)

Last edited:

GodKeK

Recruit
Jun 27, 2021
i would also like to see something like Xur from Destiny 2 where gear and troops can be rotated out weekly. Dont know how hard this would be on Storm as his job is already daunting in itself, but just an idea im tossing out there.