most of the time the elite troops goes death???

Mchtts

Recruit
Jun 1, 2021
i upgrade every soldier and then a simple fight and all my elite troops go first ?!?

NK Finkhrek

Recruit
Sep 29, 2021
I have made the same experience. I trained 20 vanguards and after the first fight against forest bandits I lost 5....

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
I have made the same experience. I trained 20 vanguards and after the first fight against forest bandits I lost 5....
The Forest Rangers,- are essentially, the Elite Archers in the game. And that's exactly how you should treat them.
Underestimating the enemy leads to big losses!

KaiserX

Recruit
Sep 29, 2021
It's weird but i think its cuz of squad composition, more unit of one type means more odds of them dying.

I would try to set up shield walls and proper formation but they almost never make it to position on time to react to enemy waves, so my infantry shield walls collapses a bit sooner than anything else for tanking the brunt of the attacks.

But usually I get lucky and get wounded when I got like 25 trained infantry to make a very wide shield wall, but for some odd reason the formation doesn't like to be single file wide and is limited to 15-20 man wide, and the extra 5 stands on the back. I even manually drag the positioning but it doesn't extend the shape of the formation as if it's being overridden by the mod.

If you have 50 trained infantryman and could single file them to be 50 units wide, all the 1~44 looters wouldn't be able to overtake the edge of the wall.

KaiserX

Recruit
Sep 29, 2021
Oh if you made them fight archers head on without shield wall formation they will most likely die before they get close. It's best to set them to shield wall and wait out their supply of arrows.

NK Finkhrek

Recruit
Sep 29, 2021
The Forest Rangers,- are essentially, the Elite Archers in the game. And that's exactly how you should treat them.
Underestimating the enemy leads to big losses!
The problem is that they get easily stuck on a few enemies and get killed without problem. And I sent them in when most of my archers dezimated the enemy. And ofcouse I flank them every time.

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
The problem is that they get easily stuck on a few enemies and get killed without problem. And I sent them in when most of my archers dezimated the enemy. And ofcouse I flank them every time.
Most likely you are doing everything correctly (tactically). I meant a little different ...
Does it always make sense to attack the enemy (and get 4-5K), knowing that there is a 60-80% chance of losing an expensive unit? (6-17K)

KaiserX

Recruit
Sep 29, 2021
My highest ranking Heavy Horse Archer has been lucky and survived every time it falls in battle for a long time now, and it's the only 1 horse archer in my squad full of infantry and archers. I use it as a heavily armored bait against big waves as I set up shield walls and archer lines, the horse archer baits half of them away so the shield walls doesn't falter.

Always send the horse archer after you ordered the shield walls into place, not before, because sometimes your horse archer may stupidly decide that plowing into a 40 man group is a good idea instead of riding by around it.

Last edited:

KaiserX

Recruit
Sep 29, 2021
I identify that the Imperial Trained Infantry has a extremely high death rate because they keep trying to throw their harpoons when they think the enemy they are looking at isn't attacking them, but gets interrupted and attacked by another enemy, thus causes them to continuously try to grab their harpoon again to throw.

Might be wise to pair the Trained Infantry with the Archers in the same formation to use their ranged abilities first and have them react to enemies breaking the other lines of defense as a last measure, putting regular Infantry or the Veterans up front is better as they lack range and won't change their weapons when enemies are at the shield walls but someone is throwing rocks at them.

A huge wall of trained infantry is a good short ranged harpoon rain of death on enemies but they often would switch to a melee within a few meters of being approached, plus their throws are always based on the head hitbox so when enemies runs towards them, the projectile flies overhead 90% of the time.

Might be wise to probably create two shield wall formations of different units, one for regular shields, and another for 'backup' shields behind them, so the harpoons gets used sooner. It can also be done to have two formations of shielded infantry from 2 cultures, so you can pair them side by side in a shield wall without mixing, and widen the wall's effectiveness since 15-20 infantry tends to shrink behind one another.

Last edited:

Mchtts

Recruit
Jun 1, 2021
It doesnt matters if its legionary, darkhan or chosinone put them on shield wall littlebit further then archers and no one get killed but only my elite troops and believe me it has nothing to do with tactics i tried everything but they get killed

Goshakaa

Recruit
Jun 12, 2021
It doesnt matters if its legionary, darkhan or chosinone put them on shield wall littlebit further then archers and no one get killed but only my elite troops and believe me it has nothing to do with tactics i tried everything but they get killed
I would say that in 80% of the time when I lost soldiers they are from the Elite. Perhaps this is a game mechanics or just bad luck.

Mchtts

Recruit
Jun 1, 2021
I would say that in 80% of the time when I lost soldiers they are from the Elite. Perhaps this is a game mechanics or just bad luck.
yes it is all my elite troops are almost gone and all the others stays and against simple bandits
xd

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
A small guide to fighting the Forest Rangers:
1. They are very strong, so it is not worth the risk and you need to take your units to a safe and comfortable distance.
2. Your task, hiding behind a shield, prevent them from aimings and accurate shooting.
3. If possible, you can kill them yourself (optional).
Replay game video: /replay 370161
I have a small squad, so I choose a small group of enemy rangers. Either way, being superior in numbers will give you an edge.

Reactions: Mchtts

Mchtts

Recruit
Jun 1, 2021
A small guide to fighting the Forest Rangers:
1. They are very strong, so it is not worth the risk and you need to take your units to a safe and comfortable distance.
2. Your task, hiding behind a shield, prevent them from aimings and accurate shooting.
3. If possible, you can kill them yourself (optional).
Replay game video: /replay 370161
I have a small squad, so I choose a small group of enemy rangers. Either way, being superior in numbers will give you an edge.
its not the forest but the normal bandits with stones and sickles i think they must litllebit adjust it

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
это не лес, а обычные бандиты с камнями и серпами, я думаю, они должны немного поправить его

Attachments

• Forest Bandits.jpg
    Forest Bandits.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 16

Mchtts

Recruit
Jun 1, 2021
no fight with looters not with forest or searaiders somehow im losse not so much with forrest or sea i have problems with normal looters?

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
no fight with looters not with forest or searaiders somehow im losse not so much with forrest or sea i have problems with normal looters?
They just need to be distracted, separated and not allowed to attack in large groups.
Replay game video: /replay 372512
Here 11 vs 45
A very inconvenient map came across, so everything did not go very well, but it still ended well ;) .

Last edited:

Mchtts

Recruit
Jun 1, 2021
They just need to be distracted, separated and not allowed to attack in large groups.
Replay game video: /replay 372512
Here 11 vs 45
A very inconvenient map came across, so everything did not go very well, but it still ended well ;) .
i know what you mean but its not same each time i tried so much times for instead i take to hideout two serg crossbow and two legionarys that two legionarys go death almost each time now i take one trained and one veteran with two serg crossbow everybody is still alive after 4 hideouts;)

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
i know what you mean but its not same each time i tried so much times for instead i take to hideout two serg crossbow and two legionarys that two legionarys go death almost each time now i take one trained and one veteran with two serg crossbow everybody is still alive after 4 hideouts;)
hideout bandits, they have no chance at all!
Replay game video: /replay 373017