i suggest deleting the indicator function which can show location and branch of the enemy army.

Nard the Hound

Recruit
Dec 8, 2021
im a player who have played blo about 60 hours. i have expected so much about tactic combat . because i think mount and blade is based on realism.

but when i wacthed pvp match through in-game or youtube or twitch, most players tend to just spamming heavy calvary or horse archers. just hit and run.

so i think deleting the indicator function partially will encourage players to raise diverse army and use tactics.

because

1. players won't be able to march cavarly thoughtlessly

2. players will be able to use tactics like forest ambush, night ambush, camouflage retreat.

3. this will help balancing between old and new players. edit( it means inspring new players to join blo)

Last edited:

DP Kacpi

Infantry Man
Nov 5, 2021
Poland
im a player who have played blo about 60 hours. i have expected so much about tactic combat . because i think mount and blade is based on realism.

but when i wacthed pvp match through in-game or youtube or twitch, most players tend to just spamming heavy calvary or horse archers. just hit and run.

so i think deleting the indicator function partially will encourage players to raise diverse army and use tactics.

because

1. players won't be able to march cavarly thoughtlessly

2. players will be able to use tactics like forest ambush, night ambush, camouflage retreat.

3. this will help balancing between old and new players.
After all, you have anti-tactics for tactics, if, for example, your opponent has horse archers on the charge, you give a circle, a wall of shields, and they can't do anything. Especially good if you have a large army with shields and the opponent has horse archers with one quiver. Probably the opponent will then use a melee weapon, or will approach to hit the hero. Then you change the shields to bows or crossbows and take it down with a single volley. Unfortunately, due to the recruitment restrictions, the inability to have a large army, it does not pay off to keep more armies than to use. Well, unless you have alts that are officially banned. Without the possibility of hoarding a large number of units (legally), there is no point in making a diversified army. But if you want, you can do it for yourself without imposing on others. Hit-and-run tactics can be knocked down with units that have throwing weapons. You forbid them to use them until the enemy approaches, then you give "fire" and the opponent's cavalry falls like grain under a scythe. Battans have the best units for this. I'd love to see a diverse army in this mod, but it just doesn't make sense. Everything happens in real time, and it's easier to give orders to one kind of unit.
Regards

DP Kacpi

Infantry Man
Nov 5, 2021
Poland
ps. I like that you are rewarded for being active. There should be no balance between old and new players. Each of us has started once, but nothing stands in the way of catching up with others. The skill limit ends at 200. If you keep exping, you will stick it in a month. (Like my friend, he started the game, and after almost two weeks he had 200 leadership. So he can have as many units as "old players". Facilitating "new players" is to spit in the face of those who had to devote their time, some effort , not once and money. Because it cannot be denied that if someone wants to have good items quickly, he can buy a patreon, then either use these items or sell (they do not go cheap) and buy what suits us for the money earned. that you will not lose items from patreon after losing a battle.
Another way to earn money is to go to the forest, do some wood, buy a horse, shield, units, and exp. Once we have some slots, it's a good idea to go to khuzait to get horse archers from T2, and when you level up, sell them and have money for other things. #AgainstNoobBoost
elo :p

Nard the Hound

Recruit
Dec 8, 2021
After all, you have anti-tactics for tactics, if, for example, your opponent has horse archers on the charge, you give a circle, a wall of shields, and they can't do anything. Especially good if you have a large army with shields and the opponent has horse archers with one quiver. Probably the opponent will then use a melee weapon, or will approach to hit the hero. Then you change the shields to bows or crossbows and take it down with a single volley. Unfortunately, due to the recruitment restrictions, the inability to have a large army, it does not pay off to keep more armies than to use. Well, unless you have alts that are officially banned. Without the possibility of hoarding a large number of units (legally), there is no point in making a diversified army. But if you want, you can do it for yourself without imposing on others. Hit-and-run tactics can be knocked down with units that have throwing weapons. You forbid them to use them until the enemy approaches, then you give "fire" and the opponent's cavalry falls like grain under a scythe. Battans have the best units for this. I'd love to see a diverse army in this mod, but it just doesn't make sense. Everything happens in real time, and it's easier to give orders to one kind of unit.
Regards
you have a sense. but my point was diversity of tactics as well as diversity of army. Raising army is player's interest as you say. but i think difficulty of using tactics due to convenient indicator disturbs realism of this game. especially in case of pvp. As you know, mount and blade is focused on realism and microscopic view of battlefield.

Nard the Hound

Recruit
Dec 8, 2021
ps. I like that you are rewarded for being active. There should be no balance between old and new players. Each of us has started once, but nothing stands in the way of catching up with others. The skill limit ends at 200. If you keep exping, you will stick it in a month. (Like my friend, he started the game, and after almost two weeks he had 200 leadership. So he can have as many units as "old players". Facilitating "new players" is to spit in the face of those who had to devote their time, some effort , not once and money. Because it cannot be denied that if someone wants to have good items quickly, he can buy a patreon, then either use these items or sell (they do not go cheap) and buy what suits us for the money earned. that you will not lose items from patreon after losing a battle.
Another way to earn money is to go to the forest, do some wood, buy a horse, shield, units, and exp. Once we have some slots, it's a good idea to go to khuzait to get horse archers from T2, and when you level up, sell them and have money for other things. #AgainstNoobBoost
elo :p
ah you have misunderstanded my purpose. the 'balance' means inspiring new players to join blo . not just giving them easy money.

if win or lose of battle is decided by tactics, not just tier of army, it can be a solution for newbies to overcome lack of time investment in game.

Last edited:

DP Kacpi

Infantry Man
Nov 5, 2021
Poland
you have a sense. but my point was diversity of tactics as well as diversity of army. Raising army is player's interest as you say. but i think difficulty of using tactics due to convenient indicator disturbs realism of this game. especially in case of pvp. As you know, mount and blade is focused on realism and microscopic view of battlefield.
You will have no more than 240 units (including yourself) anyway and you will not lead more than 120 given that you have 200 leadership skill, have activated skill bonuses, and your clan is at max level. If, for example, instead of having 120 PVE (ranged) units and 120 PVP, you have a mixed army, both PVE and PVP will have the consequences that you will forget your great idea and start doing what others do because it works. I don't think anyone is hardcore enough to fight in PVE without using ranged units. But, if you prefer .. Nobody prevents you from mixing your army, if you want to create additional accounts and transfer units there, you can do it, but it is prohibited by the mod's regulations. So if they grab your hand, they'll cut it off.

I hope we understand each other because of course; The idea is legitimate, but it cannot work in the case of current limitations.

Nard the Hound

Recruit
Dec 8, 2021
You will have no more than 240 units (including yourself) anyway and you will not lead more than 120 given that you have 200 leadership skill, have activated skill bonuses, and your clan is at max level. If, for example, instead of having 120 PVE (ranged) units and 120 PVP, you have a mixed army, both PVE and PVP will have the consequences that you will forget your great idea and start doing what others do because it works. I don't think anyone is hardcore enough to fight in PVE without using ranged units. But, if you prefer .. Nobody prevents you from mixing your army, if you want to create additional accounts and transfer units there, you can do it, but it is prohibited by the mod's regulations. So if they grab your hand, they'll cut it off.

I hope we understand each other because of course; The idea is legitimate, but it cannot work in the case of current limitations.
edit (i think 120 capacity is enough to think diviese tactics. for example, you can distribute 30*4 or 20*6 whatever you want.)

but without deleting the indicator, i may follow other players way. it will make battle simple and boring.

Last edited: