I need help with the Game files are corrupted Error

jimmykudo

Recruit
Jul 31, 2023
Hello, I was trying to get Bannerlord Online working since yesterday to play with a friend, which his game work just fine and mine for some reason just keep saying "Error: Game files are corrupted" and basically ask me to reinstall the game, this issue will happen within the 30 second I join a server, regardless of I am moving my character or doing any other things, I have try doing the steps on the (Guide) Game files are courrpted! form page and yet I still get this issue, anyone else have a solution or a fix for this issue? Thanks.

Things I have try so far:
Restarted Steam
Restarted PC
Reinstall Bannerlord online via unins000.exe/add or remove a program
Run Bannerlord online via admin mode
Verify the game files/Verify the game files mutiple time at once
Unsubscibe from all steam mods
Uninstall Bannerlord & reinstall via steam
Delete the Bannerlord file in the following path and verify the game & redownload missing content
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Delete anything name Bannerlord in Program Files, Program Files(x86), ProgramData, Documents before a reinstall in steam

I did also find this one error log inside from one of the files for Bannerlord online and I wasn't sure if it would be useful to pinpoint this issue

Attachments

• l.PNG
    l.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 15
  • image_2023-07-31_111914102.png
    image_2023-07-31_111914102.png
    299.3 KB · Views: 16

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hello, I was trying to get Bannerlord Online working since yesterday to play with a friend, which his game work just fine and mine for some reason just keep saying "Error: Game files are corrupted" and basically ask me to reinstall the game, this issue will happen within the 30 second I join a server, regardless of I am moving my character or doing any other things, I have try doing the steps on the (Guide) Game files are courrpted! form page and yet I still get this issue, anyone else have a solution or a fix for this issue? Thanks.

Things I have try so far:
Restarted Steam
Restarted PC
Reinstall Bannerlord online via unins000.exe/add or remove a program
Run Bannerlord online via admin mode
Verify the game files/Verify the game files mutiple time at once
Unsubscibe from all steam mods
Uninstall Bannerlord & reinstall via steam
Delete the Bannerlord file in the following path and verify the game & redownload missing content
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Delete anything name Bannerlord in Program Files, Program Files(x86), ProgramData, Documents before a reinstall in steam

I did also find this one error log inside from one of the files for Bannerlord online and I wasn't sure if it would be useful to pinpoint this issue

I'm not sure if applicable, but you've mentioned unsubscribing to steam mods. But did you also have any mods from outside of steam (nexusmods?), as these would need to be manually moved/removed. Uninstalling Bannerlord does not remove mods.

You can also try these steps:
- Uninstall Bannerlord Online
- Uninstall Bannerlord
- Remove any persistent mods
- Install Bannerlord in a different location
- Install Bannerlord Online

jimmykudo

Recruit
Jul 31, 2023
I don't have any other other mod apart from steam mod, and I have also switch between different drives, but as of current, I bypass the issue with installing the game on a new fresh pc, which run just fine but annoying, so I'm pretty confuse for what I'm missing here.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
I'm not entirely sure either. Recently had another player with the same problem. They couldn't get it to work on Steam despite all kind of steps and even bought Bannerlord on Epic Games Store, but the exact same error occured there as well.

They ended up reinstalling their PC to get it to work. Which does make me wonder.

Can you try creating a new windows user account on your computer and try playing from the other account? This to check if there's any files messed in the various user specific locations.

I can try looking for some locations that are account specific after I get back from work, which won't be for another 8-9 hours.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
From what I can figure out, all of the games settings are all saved in a singular location.
"\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"
Perhaps an easier step is to (temporarily) move or rename the "Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" folder and launching BO again. Keep in mind this will launch everything with default settings and this folder also contains your single player save files.