Game needs a balance update

MilfShake

Recruit
Dec 3, 2021
I've played thousands of hours of MMO in different games.

BO has a great potential but sadly it reminds me of Archeage and why it failed.

In this game in order to be successful you need to:
  1. You need to pay for Patreon
  2. You need to grind for hours every day
  3. You need to have a good clan.

This mod offers almost nothing to casual player, or small groups of people who wants to play together 1-2 hours a day.
Clans have absurd bonuses. Why are they moving faster? So they can camp better at Wildlands and destroy a newer player trying to complete the quest?
Clans shouldn't be able to declare war on everyone constantly. I think something is done regarding this but there should be a cd for at least 3-4 days irl (or something logical) to make peace with that faction again.

I don't know how long it has been since release but everyone has access to T6 soldiers which are technically end game units. We shouldn't be seeing 100 T6 units in a single army in so many players. Either we should have increased wages for T6 soldiers, harder to obtain or something to slow it down.

I really enjoy this mod and want this to be successful a lot but It started to feel pointless in the recent days.

Storm

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 12, 2020
bannerlord-online.com
Yes, there are not many activities right now, especially pve. In the future, we will add a quest creation system that will allow quickly create many pve tasks. This should add additional interest. With pvp, the situation is more complicated and it is difficult for us to find a balance between players who play a lot, and between players who play 1-2 hours a day. No idea yet on how to fix this, I think the new pve content should change that.

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
Yes, there are not many activities right now, especially pve. In the future, we will add a quest creation system that will allow quickly create many pve tasks. This should add additional interest. With pvp, the situation is more complicated and it is difficult for us to find a balance between players who play a lot, and between players who play 1-2 hours a day. No idea yet on how to fix this, I think the new pve content should change that.
I have already suggested thinking about creating markets for all players, and not just for clans. And to this you can attach some kind of new difficult quest to rescue the merchant (from hideout of level 3-4, for example) ;) .

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
In general, the introduction of food into the game can significantly improve the balance. Cavalry and high-level units must consume significantly more food. And the food itself should be limitedly available, (for example, following the example of influence).
ideally food should deteriorate over time so that it cannot be stored in large quantities ;) .

Last edited:

MilfShake

Recruit
Dec 3, 2021
Developers already making a great job even by making this game possible. Thank you for that.
My suggestion would be making T6 soldiers rare than current rate would really spice things down without needing a big update.
Reducing clan bonuses on exp and movement speed for clans. This game is really logical yet I can't find an explanation for why would a clan member move faster than a normal player.

DP Kacpi

Infantry Man
Nov 5, 2021
Poland
Soldiers t6.. You mean special?

You say to strike a balance between those who play the hour and those who play 10 hours. And I am for my income from the work I do for an hour a day to be as high as your income from 12 hours of work. - It will be fair and very realistic, right? I don't understand what "clan only market" means, after all, everyone from a clan and without a clan has access to the same market. You say that clans have too much bonuses, but these are bonuses that players have earned through their activity and cooperation. Every day, clans must collect Influence to donate to the clan. If a clan is lazy, it will lose its level, as a certain amount of influence is removed from the total amount every day, and there is a risk that the clan will lose its level and bonuses.
Food can be introduced but not now.
First, you should be able to own estates and workshops.
In the workshops, you can not only craft elements of something there, but also convert wheat into flour, water and wheat can be bought in villages, but they do not come on their own. And just like wood, someone has to pick up the wheat before you buy it. And wheat can be eaten by your horses, but not you and not your army. You need to have bread that someone has to bake using wheat and water that don't come out of nowhere. And if you want even more "realistic" you can introduce an extremely absurd solution that is as realistic as possible. Namely, to upgrade a soldier from t2 to t3, you need armor, weapons, horses that have t3. This is when the dream of many complainers that it is too easy to get t6 units will come true. Well, that's a lie. You can't have a t6 except by trading with others or by drawing lots from an antiques merchant. In normal recruiting, you can have as many as t5. So don't complain anymore that it is "too easy" because if it is too easy, what do you expect? Introducing something more difficult? Realism? Seriously? Do you really want realism? Why cry that it's hellishly hard to survive in this cruel world where it's too realistic, where units are starving to death, or where upgrading units requires tier items, and there will be complaints that some of them managed to get t6 units anyway and that they didn't do you have a chance with them? People, play and don't complain. Life is cruel and unfair. This is very, very realistic. There can't be too much balance between active and inactive, or else everyone will get kicked out and not try to be a better version of themselves. Peace!

MilfShake

Recruit
Dec 3, 2021

You say to strike a balance between those who play the hour and those who play 10 hours. And I am for my income from the work I do for an hour a day to be as high as your income from 12 hours of work. - It will be fair and very realistic, right? I don't understand what "clan only market" means, after all, everyone from a clan and without a clan has access to the same market. You say that clans have too much bonuses, but these are bonuses that players have earned through their activity and cooperation. Every day, clans must collect Influence to donate to the clan. If a clan is lazy, it will lose its level, as a certain amount of influence is removed from the total amount every day, and there is a risk that the clan will lose its level and bonuses.
In the workshops, you can not only craft elements of something there, but also convert wheat into flour, water and wheat can be bought in villages, but they do not come on their own. And just like wood, someone has to pick up the wheat before you buy it. And wheat can be eaten by your horses, but not you and not your army. You need to have bread that someone has to bake using wheat and water that don't come out of nowhere. And if you want even more "realistic" you can introduce an extremely absurd solution that is as realistic as possible. Namely, to upgrade a soldier from t2 to t3, you need armor, weapons, horses that have t3. This is when the dream of many complainers that it is too easy to get t6 units will come true. Well, that's a lie. You can't have a t6 except by trading with others or by drawing lots from an antiques merchant. In normal recruiting, you can have as many as t5. So don't complain anymore that it is "too easy" because if it is too easy, what do you expect? Introducing something more difficult? Realism? Seriously? Do you really want realism? Why cry that it's hellishly hard to survive in this cruel world where it's too realistic, where units are starving to death, or where upgrading units requires tier items, and there will be complaints that some of them managed to get t6 units anyway and that they didn't do you have a chance with them? People, play and don't complain. Life is cruel and unfair. This is very, very realistic. There can't be too much balance between active and inactive, or else everyone will get kicked out and not try to be a better version of themselves. Peace!

Nobody said it should be same.

As an MMO you need casual players.

Did I mention anything about realistic? Realistic and logical are very different concepts

No offence but you look like you just got mad because you fear you might lose your speed boost where it helps you catch people even with a larger army..

Can you give me a single rationale for players in clan to move faster?

Reactions: Queen Anna

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021

Ahah, You have written a very long text :ROFLMAO: ,
but unfortunately it is completely meaningless:(. For the simple reason, that u did not even try to ponder the messages of the opponents.
Nobody here complained about the complexity. On the contrary, the game is too simple and sometimes even dull, for solo players, after the introduction of the clan system, that completely destroyed the entire balance in favor of the clans.
And your ignorance about "clan markets" only once again emphasizes your incompetence in this topic. Alas :(

Last edited:

DP Kacpi

Infantry Man
Nov 5, 2021
Poland
And your ignorance about "clan markets" only once again emphasizes your incompetence in this topic. Alas :(
LMFAO I have never seen the clan market, make a screenshot of the function you want.

You are not my opponents, just whatever he does, there will always be people to complain about. If the game is too boring, not interesting, too easy, get off the horse and beat the looters on foot, because you see, there are many things that can be diversified. For example, when I am already bored with the game, I go to play another game, then I come back and go on. When I don't want to fight in BO, I go to run a big business, play a medieval euro truck simulator, or a lumberjack simulator, a farmer, whatever my heart desires.

One thing is for sure. If someone is bored because he does the same thing every day, is that why one should impose changes on others?

Bannerlord Online is designed to be a module that allows you to play with other living people. I don't know why sit without a clan and play alone, how many cool people you can meet and build something together.

This is absolutely no attack on anyone, I just express my opinion on it, and if you don't like it, it's probably not my problem.

Let the modification develop in the right direction,
patreon items aren't that good. The only major factor behind these items is that they cannot be lost after losing a battle. There are a lot of armor, helmets, horses that you can't buy on patreon, and they are much more powerful in terms of statistics.

I am full of admiration for the people who created this module, where I don't have to play alone with bots anymore. I am grateful and, whatever money they get as support from players, they fully deserve it. I am not religious, but I will quote one truth: "a worker is worthy of his payoff" - You want people who devote their time to something to have the same as you, despite your efforts and dedication, in the name of pseudo balance, it will not do any good. And I am completely against it.

Greetings,
Kacpi

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
LMFAO I have never seen the clan market, make a screenshot of the function you want.
Ahhah, that's why I see no reason to continue discussing this important topic with you. Please do not continue to stress your own incompetence ;)

I am not a clan member and therefore cannot take a screenshot of the market. Just ask your more experienced clanmates about it.

DP Kacpi

Infantry Man
Nov 5, 2021
Poland
Ahhah, that's why I see no reason to continue discussing this important topic with you. Please do not continue to stress your own incompetence ;)

I am not a clan member and therefore cannot take a screenshot of the market. Just ask your more experienced clanmates about it.
If you are not in a clan and you want to decide on clans, who is more incompetent? And why are you trying to attack me?
I can see that the discussion really does not make sense.
You want something to be introduced, something to be changed, and it would be best if it was introduced now, with the deadline for yesterday.
And if I was bored, just like you are bored, I would play solitaire with a dog lol xD

DP Kacpi

Infantry Man
Nov 5, 2021
Poland
Are you okay? In my message there was nothing related to decide on clans.

Just a complete ignore of a deranged person. Sorry.
There was nothing?
And the pain is that clans have bonuses that the "neutral" don't have?
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, and I am exercising that privilege just as much.

But there is no need to start a row about who is right.
So let everyone stay with theirs.

SirBaltisBlack

Recruit
Dec 1, 2021
NY state
going back to the balance ideal tho personally i think simple things would make a huge impact right now like

* a order to make units brace spears
* unit formations dragging to shape right
* slight larger maps for battles that npcs use mounted troops in
* add to wounded recovery time for mounted units say 15-30% horses gotta heal too
* 2x upgrade increase cost on mounted units

- theses are all pretty small things but all together i think would change it enough to maybe deter mass mounted unit swarms once taking towns and villa happens if your running all mounted troops and they
( A ) wont have horses during siege battles
( B ) take longer to get back into a fight or at least not at full strength after resting the same amount of time as foot soldiers
( C ) be more likely to be countered by foot soldiers with formations being fixed this COULD if skillfully used stop horses much better.
( D ) be a much more invested cost to the player running them

the main issues to me are 1st every fight right now is a open field or forest battle with little to stop horse swarms so adding ctiy battles and giving the inf a way to better bunch up an spread out in good formations would help drastically. an 2nd they are just to easy to get honestly if they were to cost twice as much to train and less able to fight as often even if just a little i think it would be enough for more people to think about using more inf unit types. with out ruining the mounted units

FMC Sideswipe

Recruit
Dec 3, 2021
I've played thousands of hours of MMO in different games.

BO has a great potential but sadly it reminds me of Archeage and why it failed.

In this game in order to be successful you need to:
  1. You need to pay for Patreon
  2. You need to grind for hours every day
  3. You need to have a good clan.

This mod offers almost nothing to casual player, or small groups of people who wants to play together 1-2 hours a day.
Clans have absurd bonuses. Why are they moving faster? So they can camp better at Wildlands and destroy a newer player trying to complete the quest?
Clans shouldn't be able to declare war on everyone constantly. I think something is done regarding this but there should be a cd for at least 3-4 days irl (or something logical) to make peace with that faction again.

I don't know how long it has been since release but everyone has access to T6 soldiers which are technically end game units. We shouldn't be seeing 100 T6 units in a single army in so many players. Either we should have increased wages for T6 soldiers, harder to obtain or something to slow it down.

I really enjoy this mod and want this to be successful a lot but It started to feel pointless in the recent days.
I can understand when you say there isnt much to do for casual and small groups and im constantly saying the same thing all the time when im grinding leadership or something, but the whole idea bannerlord online became a thing in the first place was to have a game world where players interact with one another constantly, this is evident by the player controlled economy, you wont succeed if you only want to stay as your small group or play solo because team work is the driving force of the whole idea of bannerlord online especially late game for bosses.

now for Patreon you dont need it to actually have equal chances as everyone else as scale armor in zeonica (on EU) is very cheap so you can gear yourself up the same as most late game players without too much expenditure and the stats are pretty much the same, sure patreon items might have slightly higher stats but 5 points of defence dont mean anything if you get hit in the head by a javelin, alot of people myself included give money to their Patreon not for the items but because we want to support the developers and GMs that go out of their way to help us and are delivering an experience which not even the original creators of bannerlord where willing to do.

For Grinding its about what you would expect from a mount and blade game, even singleplayer does not reward you if your not willing to grind so an mmo server is defiantly not going to reward you or change its ways when everyone else is in the same boat, if your really having issues with grinding just grab 20-30 KHHA and go grind 60 stacks of looters, you will level you leadership very fast, you could even go and hunt sea raiders if your feeling brave

For Clans, this feature is powerful it cant be denied but in order to make it powerful you have to work and work and work for it, my clan is currently clan rank 9 and it loses 1100 influence per day, this means 11 people need to do their dailies and add 100 influence just for us to break even, real life is also a thing so it makes getting clan ranks after 8 very painful for their clan so the benefits is a driving force to make people want to get those ranks despite the daily loss.
however getting upto clan rank 8 isnt too difficult its just a little grindy as long as you have a team who are atleast on once a day for an hour to do their daily influence missions you will get to rank 8 for the 0.2 speed boost easily.

for t6 troops or "Noble" troops, in pvp if i see a guy running all fian champions and im using my standard KHLs im going to go after him even if i lose if i kill 20 of his fians thats atleast 500k gold down the drain, even if he kills 40 of my KHLs and defeats me at most i will lose a total of 320k gold so i come out on top in the end.
t6 are strong but its all dependent on how you use them, like i said if someone with fians goes against cavalry its going to be painful, for cataphracts if someone for what ever reason is using spear wielding infantry then the catas are going to suffer, losing 1t6 unit is a real bother for alot of players just because of how much each unit is worth.

if you want to complain about troops then complain about cav archers since they are still undeniably the meta in areas except frost lands

MilfShake

Recruit
Dec 3, 2021
I can understand when you say there isnt much to do for casual and small groups and im constantly saying the same thing all the time when im grinding leadership or something, but the whole idea bannerlord online became a thing in the first place was to have a game world where players interact with one another constantly, this is evident by the player controlled economy, you wont succeed if you only want to stay as your small group or play solo because team work is the driving force of the whole idea of bannerlord online especially late game for bosses.

now for Patreon you dont need it to actually have equal chances as everyone else as scale armor in zeonica (on EU) is very cheap so you can gear yourself up the same as most late game players without too much expenditure and the stats are pretty much the same, sure patreon items might have slightly higher stats but 5 points of defence dont mean anything if you get hit in the head by a javelin, alot of people myself included give money to their Patreon not for the items but because we want to support the developers and GMs that go out of their way to help us and are delivering an experience which not even the original creators of bannerlord where willing to do.

For Grinding its about what you would expect from a mount and blade game, even singleplayer does not reward you if your not willing to grind so an mmo server is defiantly not going to reward you or change its ways when everyone else is in the same boat, if your really having issues with grinding just grab 20-30 KHHA and go grind 60 stacks of looters, you will level you leadership very fast, you could even go and hunt sea raiders if your feeling brave

For Clans, this feature is powerful it cant be denied but in order to make it powerful you have to work and work and work for it, my clan is currently clan rank 9 and it loses 1100 influence per day, this means 11 people need to do their dailies and add 100 influence just for us to break even, real life is also a thing so it makes getting clan ranks after 8 very painful for their clan so the benefits is a driving force to make people want to get those ranks despite the daily loss.
however getting upto clan rank 8 isnt too difficult its just a little grindy as long as you have a team who are atleast on once a day for an hour to do their daily influence missions you will get to rank 8 for the 0.2 speed boost easily.

for t6 troops or "Noble" troops, in pvp if i see a guy running all fian champions and im using my standard KHLs im going to go after him even if i lose if i kill 20 of his fians thats atleast 500k gold down the drain, even if he kills 40 of my KHLs and defeats me at most i will lose a total of 320k gold so i come out on top in the end.
t6 are strong but its all dependent on how you use them, like i said if someone with fians goes against cavalry its going to be painful, for cataphracts if someone for what ever reason is using spear wielding infantry then the catas are going to suffer, losing 1t6 unit is a real bother for alot of players just because of how much each unit is worth.

if you want to complain about troops then complain about cav archers since they are still undeniably the meta in areas except frost lands

Valid points, thank you for the extensive answer. Agreed on most points.

I'm still holding on to the point on Movement speed buff. I think that's OP and that breaks the game for the beginners and beginner clans. For end game clans&players, they are similar on movement speed and benefits neither party. It just helps them to crash lower players & groups.

Some other buff could be introduced maybe in future updates to drive people to level up their clans. Right now they are just opening alt clans and forming alliance.

I'm expressing my concerns because I enjoy the game and the potential is crazy. Yet I believe this method is blocking new players from enjoying the game.

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021

hi,
You have written a lot of the right things 👏 .
But, you have never mentioned the main thing, that it is the beginners who are the engine of this whole "machine".
And without them, it will soon stop moving, rust and rot...
Do you need a second sword, a second shield, a second horse? Who will you sell your loot to? Only the influx of newcomers gives life to the game!
Сlans should remove some of privileges, (in particular, movement speed), so that it would be easier, calmer, and safer for beginners to play!

FMC Sideswipe

Recruit
Dec 3, 2021
hi,
You have written a lot of the right things 👏 .
But, you have never mentioned the main thing, that it is the beginners who are the engine of this whole "machine".
And without them, it will soon stop moving, rust and rot...
Do you need a second sword, a second shield, a second horse? Who will you sell your loot to? Only the influx of newcomers gives life to the game!
Сlans should remove some of privileges, (in particular, movement speed), so that it would be easier, calmer, and safer for beginners to play!
Hi Queen,

like any economy new faces will always help it but in this games economy there is always a demand for products, such as troops or gear, this is because pvp exists and gear being lost and troops getting killed is all too real.

If you lose in pvp you can lose non patreon gear as well as having to deal with dead troops and loss of denars, ofcourse it isnt a fun prospect as im basically saying the economy will still be able to survive as it revolves around people getting beaten up and robbed, which oddly enough is true for the entirety of the game. so going back to your "Do you need a second sword, a second shield, a second horse? Who will you sell your loot to? Only the influx of newcomers gives life to the game!" veterans will try to buy and collect multiple versions of their weapons, armours and other gear that are non patreon this is because they have a chance to be lost in pvp losses, new players may give life to this game but the major movements of denars on this game are all done by veterans, after all no veteran will buy a t4 weapon for 10k but they will all try to get a 400k Rhompahlia like its the end of the world.

its a safe bet to say that millions of denars are used everyday in pvp fights for replacing lost troops and gear over all of the servers, as an example, a fight my clan was in about a week ago had our opponents run two players with full cataphracts, which they ended up losing the fight spectacularly, this was bad for them because they lost around 40-60 catas between them, this alone (not including the rest of that enemy clans losses) amounts to between 2.4m to 3.6m denars for them which they repaid within 2 days and got the catas back from people selling them.

the truth is, the economy would still flourish without new players because there is a demand for product, its when the supply stops that the economy collapses, ofcourse the economy wont be as big without new players however it will still be alive as troops are one of, if not the most traded commodities in this game. (yes i know i called people commodities but they are just pixels)

the reverse of this situation would be an extreme problem upon the economy and the game as a whole, if all the veteran players all decided to quit at the same time, the economy would die off fast because there is demand but no product, newer players would then find it too stressful to grind levels to be able to get high tier loot and grind up new troops constantly to fill the void of current troop traders because new players wont be in clans and wont have high leadership so getting large quantities of troops to max would take forever, its this problem that would cause the collapse of the game so as with any economy, making sure the product is there irrespective of the demand is what is important, otherwise we get market crashing like what is going on with the chip shortages all around the world.

so the overall ending to this is that veterans are the core to the economy because they have the ability to get the product, (no product means no economy after all) the game devs need to first try to retain the vets if they want to keep the economy alive in its current state (the vets where the ones that decided the prices of most items, they did this in almost the same way that a country assigns a value to its paper money based on the demand, supply, trust and gold reserves this is why even if the use of denars stops, item trades will still happen alot), thats why lots of later game content comes out first like clans, frostlands etc, ofcourse the devs wont forget new player content but they also dont want to make it super easy for newer players or the current vets wont stay silent about it after all the day 1 vets went through literal hell to get where they are now, no easy to obtain t5/6 armor and weps in zeo market, no max level troops for sale, they had to do it themselves with hardcore grinding.

Thanks,
Mad

Reactions: NK Tommy

Karthago

Recruit
Mar 20, 2021
Hello everyone / I'm fairly new to the game and have formed a clan with some friends. Let it be level 3 now, I've noticed a few times now that experienced clans (let's let it be 3-4 players) intend to hunt young clan players (single players) or, for example, wait for them to come out of a PVE battle to quickly find out about that ailing deer slipping over (declare war - eat it - offer peace) you can see that all evening in the chat. Thanks to Speedboost, that's not a problem either! I have no problem with PVP no definitely not. But this function "I declare war destroy - declare peace" as it suits me is very reprehensible / I don't know if there is a possibility eg clans between certain levels can declare war the war starts in X time ends in XY time clans of Level 8 cannot offer war clans of level 2 or vice versa! War costs eg influence (you cannot introduce an additional currency) "is just an idea. I also don't want to offend experienced players or clans or take the piece of cake away from them, but I'm there with the crumbs:ROFLMAO: last of all, I would like to thank the modder team for allowing me to play with friends! I apologize for the bad English! Greetings Karthago

Reactions: Fingo the Fair