Endless Arena Gauntlet Challenge!

overtypedone

Recruit
Feb 16, 2022
I suggest we add another treadmill to break up the usual grind and give people something else to strive towards.

How about adding an arena gauntlet that scales up infinitely?
You would start at the arena in any town, and talk to the arena master, he then challenges you to show off your skills in his arena.

Once it begins, you spawn in the arena. Then, after a moment, a single looter appears.
Once you beat the looter, the round ends.

Next, he would challenge you to do it again, except the opponent would be slightly harder.
If you are skilled enough, then the difficulty could scale up indefinitely.

How far you get would also show in your character sheet when someone looks you up. Perhaps there could even be a leaderboard?
The best part is, the challenge is endless because there are always harder enemies.

Something like this might be the kind of variety the game sorely needs. I know we already have bandit oppressors with up to 80 looters, but it's way too easy to solo. Once you have enough athletics, even 500 looters become just a number to you, and not a challenge.

Last edited:

Lord Ulfgar

Recruit
Mar 10, 2022
What kind of rewards do you think would work best? Money kinda seems too straightforward, but it could be cool to be able to get recruits from this! Like you have the chance to recruit the best unit you beat for free/discounted prices.

I think it would also be cool to see a gambling system like in the arena tournaments in single player.