Crop Stealing - A few suggestions.

Punished

Recruit
Apr 6, 2021
Had a lot of cases recently where I'll do a full cycle of crops, but at the very last second - someone will grab up all the wheat as I'm watering, and take away a large percentage of the profit.
I find it really annoying, and the fact that 'collection' is the most well paid part - it sort of incentivises people running over and stealing all the crops at the last second to make some easy money.

I'd recommend making the collection part of Farming the lowest worth of money, and instead make something like Watering - which takes the most time to do - the most profitable part of the process.

evilboy

Recruit
Mar 28, 2021
i don't see how that fixes anything instead of cutting your crop they will water it lol

evilboy

Recruit
Mar 28, 2021
You have to water a plant around 2x or more. It at least helps the more longer, and boring part of the process.
yeah but still it wont make the thieves go away what will work though is if when you do anything to other peoples crops you only get paid like 30% and the owner gets 70%

GupiBrzydal

Recruit
Apr 1, 2021
if you go to other villages youll see theres no one farming :p you guys just stack up together :p I was farming a lot in many villages and i was almost always alone :p

Reactions: Godlike Atta

Dane Caladon

Recruit
Apr 6, 2021
Like me and my friends, we daily move around the map away from the center of the map, the further you go the better.

Lokislt

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
i don't see how that fixes anything instead of cutting your crop they will water it lol
it will solve , to get paid , all cycles must be done , so you will need to wait when someone gathers, now they just gather and got instant pay , if you water and go for paycheck, you got nothing until full cycle completed.

Reactions: Moz

Kriegg

Recruit
Mar 23, 2021
i am with OP on this 1 as its a game. the most boring and time consuming action should be rewarded the highest.
While it won't fix the problem entirely it will at least hopefully stop people from just waiting around for wheat to grow so they can cut it while others actively participate in the process.

the change is simple to implement and does not require any extensive overhaul of the backend system. worth a test.

Moz

Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
I agree that there should be some repercussions or option for the farmer to safeguard his hard work. Since you get paid only for a full cycle once you harvest (not sure if that was changed in a recent update though).

Best idea as has been suggested already, is to just head a ways out to a secluded village, Away from the spawn city and nearby cities. I've almost always been farming alone with no hassle.

Drewsko

Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
i thought u get payed by how much u grow the item, not just the person who cuts it at the end to turn it in?

Moz

Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
I have a feeling this was changed recently with the previous update. A few days ago you were not paid for just doing hilling or watering only. You would only be paid for the stages you did once you harvest. So maybe now if someone does take your crop you still get your money for the other stages.

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
I have a feeling this was changed recently with the previous update. A few days ago you were not paid for just doing hilling or watering only. You would only be paid for the stages you did once you harvest. So maybe now if someone does take your crop you still get your money for the other stages.
it's always been that way, you only get paid once the crop has been harvested and everyone gets paid for their share of the work they put in to grow the crop once it's been placed into the shed.

Reactions: Moz