Can't open

Whats goooood

Recruit
Mar 18, 2021
When I try to open it, it doesn't open and says "Unable to initialize Steam API."

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Captn Harvest

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
When I try to open it, it doesn't open and says "Unable to initialize Steam API."

Does anyone know how to fix that?
Try installing the launcher in a specific folder not in steam. lets say. This PC > Disk:? > gaming > bannerlord online. Then make sure your not on the betas via steam. If your not running the right version of the game than it's not gonna work for obvious reasons. That's what I did and it works well so far.

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
Try installing the launcher in a specific folder not in steam. lets say. This PC > Disk:? > gaming > bannerlord online. Then make sure your not on the betas via steam. If your not running the right version of the game than it's not gonna work for obvious reasons. That's what I did and it works well so far.
Installing it into programme files x86 might fix the issue.

Captn Harvest

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Installing it into programme files x86 might fix the issue.
I didn't do that. just put the thing in a drive with it's own little folder. Putting it in the same drive as steam or whatever may help, but not the same folder. LOL I don't know what advantage putting it in programme files x86 would help with, but knock yourself out if you wish.

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
I didn't do that. just put the thing in a drive with it's own little folder. Putting it in the same drive as steam or whatever may help, but not the same folder. LOL I don't know what advantage putting it in programme files x86 would help with, but knock yourself out if you wish.
just going off of what fixed it for someone else yesterday, he set the install location to Programme files x86... a lot of varied and weird fixes that don't make sense are working for some people, results vary.

Personally the Default location of C:\Program Files\Bannerlord Online is working perfectly for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captn Harvest

Captn Harvest

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
just going off of what fixed it for someone else yesterday, he set the install location to Programme files x86... a lot of varied and weird fixes that don't make sense are working for some people, results vary.

Personally the Default location of C:\Program Files\Bannerlord Online is working perfectly for me.
I mean, if it works, it works. Maybe operating system isn't compatible? Or steam can't find the game files to modify? This thing is fresh off the presses so maybe it's some type of bug.