Can't get merchant book from thief, the couldn't enter tavern until I quit and re-logged in.

Volg

Recruit
Jun 28, 2021
That's too bad about the crash, I personally have only had crashes when I alt-tabbed out while browsing the market. About the quest bug, could you describe it more in detail? The thief is supposed to give you a book? Or is it the quest where you have to retrieve the book for him?

Reactions: Walmart Merc

Walmart Merc

Recruit
Jun 16, 2021
That's too bad about the crash, I personally have only had crashes when I alt-tabbed out while browsing the market. About the quest bug, could you describe it more in detail? The thief is supposed to give you a book? Or is it the quest where you have to retrieve the book for him?
You meet him in the tavern, pay 100g for the quest prompt where I was to go to Rhobodas or something near Poros and get a book from a chest. After I left, the quest croaked and I tried to return to the tavern where the button for that blinked and my game crashed and I had to restart. Then I wound up paying another 100g for him to tell me that I couldn't do it again.

Volg

Recruit
Jun 28, 2021
How did the quest croak? Also this happened to me once, I wasn't able to get a quest from the bartender because I had a ongoing Mabon's quest. Try finishing all quests before starting a new one with the Thief.

Walmart Merc

Recruit
Jun 16, 2021
How did the quest croak? Also this happened to me once, I wasn't able to get a quest from the bartender because I had a ongoing Mabon's quest. Try finishing all quests before starting a new one with the Thief.
After I left, it got canceled and then glitched out.