battles suck

Warlord X

Recruit
Dec 9, 2021
hey guys just kinda frustrated by going to fight one stack and end up fighting 3 and then 3 waves of reinforcement when there was only 2 armies on the map around me to start and they were no where near you and were moving in the opposite directions.

the whole bandit thing in general just feels really rough and i guess im just hoping there are plans for addressing this.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hi Warlord X,

Sorry for the late reply.

While you are in active combat, it is intended that both friend and foe can join the battle. In case of bandits, only bandits of the same type can join. So if you're fighting looters, only other looters can join for another wave.

This also means you can get help from a friend, or random player to fight off these bandits.

When you attack the enemy from the campaign map, any enemy party nearby will initially ignore you though, unless you're waiting the 20 seconds to pass. Within those 20 seconds, enemies nearby may join the bandits. After those 20 seconds, it will usually require another bandit party to come across you in their path.

There are no known plans to change this, but hopefully this will help you understand how it works.

Dude Man

Recruit
Feb 8, 2022
I agree.

The game and AI isn't designed or even suited for this very slow movement from players, and is balanced around at least smaller player parties being quite fast than most enemies.
We understand why it's there, but I hope they will add some depth and mechanics to the map travelling aspect, new ways to engage with enemies strategically, etc.

Oroshi Akisu

Recruit
Jan 26, 2022
certain areas are just overkill got 14 groups of 45 stack looters or 9 60 stacks of sea raiders...so if you plan to fight 1 stack best be prepared to fight the other 8 haha and have a big party of friends.

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
certain areas are just overkill got 14 groups of 45 stack looters or 9 60 stacks of sea raiders...so if you plan to fight 1 stack best be prepared to fight the other 8 haha and have a big party of friends.

Solo fight. 1vs295 Forest Bandits. (7 minutes of hell,and you're covered in chocolate :ROFLMAO: )

vs 295 Forest Bandits.jpg