Balance?

HectorLachlan

Recruit
Aug 14, 2021
Are there any plans to edit the famous taleworlds weapon class balance? or will we get a world full of cavalry and horsse archers? Sorry I know its bad of me....

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
Someone here has already suggested limiting the number of horse archers. I liked this idea, I put like ;)

HectorLachlan

Recruit
Aug 14, 2021
Thanks Queen Anna but my idea about horsse archers is a big step more rude:
what about nerf em hard and cavalary aswell..to make the bannerlord any melee AND infantry compatible?

The criticism goes all on the native s balance! Which is unplayable since warband multiplayer late beta.

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
Thanks Queen Anna but my idea about horsse archers is a big step more rude:
what about nerf em hard and cavalary aswell..to make the bannerlord any melee AND infantry compatible?

The criticism goes all on the native s balance! Which is unplayable since warband multiplayer late beta.
Sorry, but I can't agree with that. This will greatly impoverish the game.
As for the infantry, an interesting tournament has already been held with the participation of infantry only. https://bannerlord-online.com/forum/index.php?threads/infantry-archers-only-event.1081/
The table of results, and replays of the video can be viewed here: https://bannerlord-online.com/forum/index.php?threads/Просто-хочу-похвастаться.1098/#post-4676
How do I watch the video?
1. In the general chat of the game we write (or copy here) /replay
2. Copy Battle ID (for example 143508)
3. It turns out this line: /replay 143508 , press Enter, and enjoy replays of all the battles in the tournament.
Very interesting!!! ;)

HectorLachlan

Recruit
Aug 14, 2021
sorry but i cant agree with you: 1st i said " nerf em hard" not take em out of game. And i can never understand how a good balance thaat alows melee and even melee infantry units to have a chance in battle would "impoverish the game".
This game does include a great melee combat system but the balance of units is all about ranged and mounts!!
So the game is impoverished right now by itself.
In BO u can c a big majority playing with horse archers only. Some brave souls try melee cavalary. Only a few guys realy try to raise n infantry army.
Thats for a reason: melee infantry cant win the battles! That should be changed for the sake of ressulting gameplay.
The exictemce of events that forbidd cavalary does hold witness to that. Those events are always expelling those units who are OP. And i dont want events i want the open game cast medieval battles instead of well what we got now. There are lot of videos on youtube which show the average gameplay in BO´s pvp. All cav most ranged horsies!!
Cheers and well
thanks for the video linksQuenn Anna

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
Understand, I completely agree with you, that it is necessary to change something. But, you are simply suggesting too harsh measures.
Why don't you agree to support the limitation on the number of cavalry, to restore the balance?
For example, you can link a player's cavalry count to their riding skills...

HectorLachlan

Recruit
Aug 14, 2021
Ok Quenn Anna i m sorry and plz im not trying to offend you personlay but: i dont understand the style of logic anyway!
If i got u right u agree that cavalary and ranged moreover both together(horse archer) is outkilling infantry by any chance no matter what terraain, situation a battle is? Do you?
If this is true: how can u insist that the units do not have to be nerfed to become balanced and give other units a chance to compete with em but stay being overpowered and get a amount limit???? How would you even call that balance? >I DO NOT GET IT<:alien:
My proposal is 1st to do what the modder Homer has done in warbands mercenary:
1)reduce damage of ranged weapons
2)alteering damaage type of ranged into cut insteaad of pierce>>> to make armor help vs arrow
and 2nd and even more urgent in bannerlord: a full breakdown of all horse stats:
Reduce charge and run through infantry effect cuz its odd. Horse and rider shall get stuck by riding straight ahead into infantry blobs which aare moree then 2 lines deep.
cheers

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
Ok Quenn Anna i m sorry and plz im not trying to offend you personlay but: i dont understand the style of logic anyway!
If i got u right u agree that cavalary and ranged moreover both together(horse archer) is outkilling infantry by any chance no matter what terraain, situation a battle is? Do you?
If this is true: how can u insist that the units do not have to be nerfed to become balanced and give other units a chance to compete with em but stay being overpowered and get a amount limit???? How would you even call that balance? >I DO NOT GET IT<:alien:
My proposal is 1st to do what the modder Homer has done in warbands mercenary:
1)reduce damage of ranged weapons
2)alteering damaage type of ranged into cut insteaad of pierce>>> to make armor help vs arrow
and 2nd and even more urgent in bannerlord: a full breakdown of all horse stats:
Reduce charge and run through infantry effect cuz its odd. Horse and rider shall get stuck by riding straight ahead into infantry blobs which aare moree then 2 lines deep.
cheers
Sorry, I cannot support you, because you are not offering balance. On the contrary, you are proposing an imbalance, but only towards the infantry.
In fact, the cavalry is already very, very weak, without help from the player!
Try it yourself, the Five Horse Archers will not be able to shoot even one forest robber without a player's team. :D

HectorLachlan

Recruit
Aug 14, 2021
hahaha so people do spam horse archer for what? cuz they pitty em for being so fucking weak aye?

err what but before u said:
Understand, I completely agree with you, that it is necessary to change something. But, you are simply suggesting too harsh measures.
Why don't you agree to support the limitation on the number of cavalry, to restore the balance?
For example, you can link a player's cavalry count to their riding skills...
anyhow. Me plays stuff like this cuz i want big battles with all weapon classes participating and competing with a chance out of their own advantages.
And to see big melee clashes of inf and cav themselves and each other in this battles. This could be a epic gameplay!
The game in its current state will not lead to that gameplay. Be honest or just watch those gameplay-videos who are valid=all units who exist are allowed to be used.

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
hahaha so people do spam horse archer for what? cuz they pitty em for being so fucking weak aye?
Perhaps you misunderstood me. Here the main phrase was: "without help from the player".
I confirm, that horse archers are not capable of anything without a player. You just try it, and see for yourself.