"Application faced a problem" Crash entering village and certain towns

Gasplitchh

Recruit
Dec 2, 2023
Hello,

I very reliably crash when entering surroundings of most villages and certain towns (Omor 100%), getting the "Application faced a problem" message.
After reloading the game i can enter them each time without problem, but the crash will reoccur at the next one.

I've tried verifying, clean reinstall, tweaked some configurations ( frame limit, texture budget, ...), but so far no results.

Any tips or fix i didnt try yet ?

Reactions: Priyanik

SirNooch

Recruit
Dec 10, 2023
I am encountering this now as well. It was fine yesterday and this morning. I see now that Steam has a 15+GB patch to M&B2. Likely related? Will we need BO Devs to update before we can play again?

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Bannerlord Online has been patched to v1.2.7, but some people have started experiencing this crash since the update. I'm still trying to establish if it's caused by Watchdog.exe. Waiting for feedback if these steps work.

1. Go to \steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Watchdog and delete the file Watchdog.exe.
  2. Verify game files through Steam. This will re-acquire the Watchdog.exe file.
    Verifying2.gif
  3. Run Bannerlord Online.

SirNooch

Recruit
Dec 10, 2023
Launching BO after Steam update to 1.2.7.31207, I do get a mod patch from the BO launcher
1702589949995.png

In contrast to before the patch, I get to the server selection screen.

I select Server NA, join server

And I'm in the game again! Before the patch I couldn't even get to the server screen without crashing

There are other people on, chatting and riding around so it appears this may be fixed now.

Thanks Devs!

Note: my keybindings reset after the patch

Edit: the only bug I've noticed so far is that recruits in Town Surroundings no longer run to the city entrance, but rather stand put and look toward city exit

Last edited: