An idea to pimp up the game before any giant clan's war endless project starts!

Theo Ben Askar

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
Hi community, hi dear Dev !

I'm bringing your attention on a gross idea to keep the community and the fun going on for everyone.
I'm obviously laking informations on the game development process, but I'm guessing two things :

1. I now it's an alfa early access, but to make an effective clan's war game with sieges and city/castles control is gonna take a while to develop, and a while to balance (I betting on a year at least) people may have left the game before it happens.
  2. The big clan's will quickly become too powerfull, and lonely occasional player purposeless in these wars.
When pvp battles And sieges will be implemented, all big clans will become suddenly so powerful and occasional players that don't have enough time to spend in a clan's life will be so underpowered.
It could keep the game balanced and fun for occasional players to be able to play a little role in Calcaria life outside of big clan's with territory.

So the idea could be of having rôleplay as Bandit, Caravanner or Mercenary.

-Caravanners would up their trade skill and make more money selling merchandises or buy it for cheapper based on this trade skill level.
-Bandits would up their Roguery by attacking caravans and villages ?
-Mercenaries would up their « mercenary trust » or « loyalty » or honnor (already in the sp game) by fulfilling protection contracts with the caravaners, or by catching bandits-players.

Bandits Players could become "friendly" with AI-bandits to not be attacked and find protections/trade/recruits in bandit's hideouts like we do in cities now. They would find other bandits players in these hideouts (hiddens to other players with not enough roguery ?) and could plan some ambush together.

Mercenaries, would sell there services to protect caravans from bandits or to help clan's in war.
Big Caravans could hire them for a trip from one city to another, or more in wich they would « join » the caravan like in SP armies.
It should have a mercenary loyalty rating at the end of the contract: the buyer of the service would rate with a + or a - depending if the mercenary had complied well with his mission or not (to avoid abuse where the mercenary would not attack when needed, or not participate fully in battles or even fly away to avoid loosing too many troops in front of a bigger ennemi)...
Later on Clan's could hire them to join an army for a couple of in-game days?

Caravanners:
you could choose to use a part of your maximum troops given by leadership to take mules (or even faster camels to pimp up Aserais:p) instead of as many as you want of your fighting troops. 1mule instead of 3-4 troops? And choose your own balance between troops and mules.
Trade skill should rise the profit made on each cargo, or lower the price paid for it...
Every mules would slow down your party a lot, to make those big profitable caravans more vulnerable to bandits-player attacks, and force them to pay for Mercenary protection.

This 3 roles system could be quite faster and maybe easier to implement than the Castles sieges and clan's territory that get very complex quickly... And keep the fun on going for occasional players !
I just wish you guys plan it well so that this awesome game doesn't looses it's community before this clan's war big project could be released or that only a few "24/7 players" could have fun in it.

Thanks for reading ! Thanks for Luca Bavehide and the bandits idea;)
All the best to the devs anyway (still alone?). What you're doing is awesome! Good luck