(Guide) How to store Money

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
How to store Money

Bannerlord Online does not have an official banking system to store your money safely. But that does not mean players haven't found a way to store their money for a rainy day by using an already available ingame system, namely the Market.

Obtaining a license
- In order to store money on the market, you will need to obtain a license by talking to the Senechal. The obtained license is only available in the ton you buy it in, as such your money will also only be stored in the town you will choose in the next steps. If you're only interested in storing money, the Base license will suffice.​
License.PNG

Selling an item to yourself
- Any random item from your inventory should be suitable to be used for this. In my example, I used the "Strapped Mail Chausses" for a price of 1 million.
- Talk to the "Armor Master" and ask to see what is available. Select the item from your inventory on the right and either move it to the left with the mouse, or click on the arrow button to sell it. You will be prompted to choose a value for which you want to sell your item. Enter the desired amount of money you want to store away.

Selling1.PNG

Buying your own item
- Close the market window after placing your item for sale and the conversation with the Armor Master. Then re-open the store so it will have refreshed and show the item you have listed for sale.
- Locate the item you listed for sale and purchase it. You can sort the store based on name or price to help easily find the item again. make sure you're buying the item you listed by verifying the price! If you're not sure what it is, re-start the conversation with the Armor Master and choose "I want to remove items from the sale.", this will show you all items you currently have listed. Purchase your own item.

Selling2.PNG
Selling4.PNG

Retreiving the money
- If you or someone else has purchased your item, the money earned from they sale will remain at the trader, waiting for you to talk to them and collect the money.
- You can retreive the total amount of money from all sales at the town by asking to take the profits.
Selling5.PNG
Selling6.PNG

SirNooch

Recruit
Dec 10, 2023
Could you still pick up your coins if your license expires, or are they lost when you lose your trading license?

Linaire

Recruit
Dec 5, 2023
at this point you might want to introduce a bank system...it will be nice if there is some interest rate too...saying for a friend.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
at this point you might want to introduce a bank system...it will be nice if there is some interest rate too...saying for a friend.

While a banking system sounds nice, and the interest would be welcomed by many characters... I also believe it would be bad for the economy.

At this point, money is still created and added to players at a much faster rate than it disappears. There aren't enough money sinks to keep inflation in check.

Reactions: SirNooch