Why it is so SLOW?

Gonaldinho

Recruit
Jan 14, 2022
Hello, i just started playing BO, i was so hyped! It was like a dream, but why? WHY? why everyone is moving so slow its ridiculous. 10 minutes to ran awy from stupid bandits, 30min to travel from one city to another. After few hours sadly i quit. Did someone knows about changing it?

Insanitoid

Recruit
Jan 9, 2022
I also recently started, and from my perspective it seems a reasonable speed. Try walking the next town over in your hometown. I think as it is slow, it allows actual tactics and thought around your moves and direction without allowing people to cheese it and gain an advantage over another player/clan. And makes scouting useful. Food for thought. There is so much fun multiplayer game play with others that you can't get in any other Bannerlord mod.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hi Gonaldinho & Insanitoid,

Welcome to Bannerlord Online.

As for the speed, it's something you can get used to. Sure, it's slow, but it's for a reason. The main drive behind this is related to combat.
As combat happens in real time, map speed is reduced to prevent players from rushing across the map to join in on a fight before it ends. This is mostly a thing for PvP, but players can also help with PvE fights. So the speed is a necessity.