Urgently update tips for Newcomers!!!

Sehnix

Recruit
Mar 29, 2023
NRW Germany
Urgently update tips for Newcomers!!!

Newcomers should at least be warned in the tips for newcomers that they can be attacked by other high level players in the PVP desert and even in the PVE Frozen North and lose their entire weapon inventory in the process!!!

I just wanted to take a look at the PVE zone and was sure that nothing could happen to me there, since it's not a PVP zone... but I was attacked 3 times in a row by high level players with hundreds of Battian T6 Nobel troops and lost weapons and items worth 2-3 million!
It's nice when you can start from scratch again and 2 weeks of games were for nothing...., so many players will stop playing here right away..., ;)

In addition, it should also be explained that not only the carried weapons + clothing could break after a lost battle, but above all that you lose 1/4 - 1/3 of your entire inventory!!!

I'm really pissed off now that you are being misled and literally lured into the PVE zone trap, since PVE only means player against computer opponents and not that there is also a PVP system there!!!

Reactions: Horked and Crysiant

Somnorila

Recruit
Mar 11, 2023
I know it's annoying that many players behave like zombies and chase you for no other reason just that they can. And do it to players they obviously can defeat. I said it before that's not pvp that's bullying. PvP means duels, a bilateral accord to battle. But it is what it is...

My gripe with your post though is that it doesn't quite track. Like i was attacked and defeated several times while exploring at first. And i too lost items important for my character at that time as i had less gold. But i think you lie a bit...

Sure the info is not in the game but it is here if you look closely. I only looked more closely after i got defeated those several times. Not to mention that if you ask in the game there is a high chance to get answers.
And even if not, you still lost once then why repeat? How can you lose 3 times in a row? You lose once you are teleported to a town. Should had registered to you to not go there anymore or come here and seek some answers.
Like there is a new player tips:

which has a visual representation of the exact zones and what's pve and what's pvp.

If you play for several weeks like you say, that's about my time in. And during this time i seen several times discussion in game in general chat around this subject. One idea was to buy patron gear to not drop, or have in inventory many handwraps from looters in order to have a bigger chance to drop from those and a lesser chance to drop something more valuable.

The information is there, you played for enough to have the possibility to have had it. So the next reasonable conclusion is that you chose to go there unprepared then you are upset at the game. Which is not really fair.

I'll give you some tips. Don't be in any clan as a war means you can be attacked anywhere regardless of the zone you are in. And if attacked don't log off as that doesn't work, it just leaves your character there idle for 1 min open to be attacked. You can always explore light in order to be fast, faster than any attacker. Maybe doesn't really worth it besides showing someone chasing you the middle finger but you can drop gear and troops yourself to get as fast as possible to run away to cover. And you always have a few seconds of immunity after a battle, so you can sometimes avoid battle with a bully player by attacking a npc roaming stack to have a small window after the battle to escape or at least advance a bit towards another npc stack or a safe zone. But the best way is to just not go there in the first place. As if they are several it's not so easy to avoid.

Sehnix

Recruit
Mar 29, 2023
NRW Germany
Hey, first of all thx for the info with the clan, that you are outlaws everywhere... I hadn't read that anywhere...,

but apart from that
why did you think i was lying about something?
As an old hand, I haven't needed anything like that for a long time.., I'm Ü 40+ and got a thick coat with my age, otherwise I would have thrown in the towel after this incident instead of getting up again, ^^

I've only been here for about 2 weeks and yesterday I was 1 x in the far north...,
and I was really attacked 3 times by 2 of the same players with about 350 Battan T6 Bow Wildlings, because twice in the battle I had given my usually brave warriors the order that they should quickly take their legs in hand and just should be gone from the battlefield quickly in 30 seconds...,^^
I was able to flee twice like this and only get a little further on the map because they positioned themselves in front of and behind me, so I had no chance of getting away...,
you can't flee a 3x and so most of them had to lie on the ground and play dead man, so that at least the majority of the troops survived, only 25 of 90 died, but what was really painful were the missing weapons and items the inventory...,
I once put together a rough list to determine for myself the real loss of gold through the weapons...,

Had 40 x ore (half as bad), lost 12, =10k
42x Treated Hardwood, 13 lost = 100k,
80x Old Horse, 28 lost, = 100k,
1x Rhomphaia lost = 300k,
1x Long Glaive (Damage) lost = 300k,
1x hard crossbow bolts lost = 100k,
1x Caladrian Mace lost = 250-300k,
1x cataphract mace lost = 100k,
all together so approx. 1.35kk gold lost....^^,
was an expensive trip up north :(

Unfortunately, this time I also had all my best weapons with me, because I always like to test around and see what I can do best with (field combat,
Urban combat,(hidden claw), etc., and that's only because I thought I was completely safe because of PVE Zone..,and had previously bought some cheap wood for a recipe,
I think it was often slaughtered by children in the south in the PVP zone, but it didn't really matter there because only armor and bows were damaged and I didn't have any resources with me.
but that really all maces were gone and my 2 long sticks that I wanted to test on looters was a shock....,

If clan noobs die 2-3 on 1 newcomer because otherwise they don't manage to win, then the system should at least make differences...,
in PVP clan player vs. clan player = loot and weapons + item loss of the loser..,
But in case of an attack by clan players on no clan players = no booty and no weapons + item losses of the loser...,
So the zombies think twice before slaughtering newcomers, because of their own losses and no loot except Exp...,

Somnorila

Recruit
Mar 11, 2023
I said something similar in regards of having some sort of karma system so to avoid bullying more and support a more fair pvp style between comparable forces. But it's not received too well and besides that it's nothing as that in the mod and most probable not even in the short time future plan. So you just have to adapt.
I though you were lying because i though tyou got defeated 3 times in a row which makes little sense to be upset of if you die once and come back two time s more again in the same spot to be defeated. I guess you just got a lesson now to not keep valuables with you and keep them in warehouse, market, artisan.
Weapons can be stored in warehouse if you don't have too many as you can't really store many individual items there. Large stacks as with materials you can store in market, put the for sale at crazy high prices, no one will buy them and if someone does no loss to you but rather a very large profit. And also when refining at artisan you can hold the finished materials there instead of taking them right away if you don't need them right then.

I don't know if drop chance is active when retreating too but i presume it is as you do lose denars same as in a defeat, so maybe better just take the defeat and teleport to town, or better yet, just surrender as it's pretty much the same but all troops are knocked out and no one dies.

Like i said, i have pretty much same time in game as you, just a few weeks. But i tested these things in the beginning. I was under the impression that all northen part is pve too and went from camp to camp until in one camp two guys just attacked and before realizing their intention they caught me. And just before from a npc 40 stack a good bow dropped, my first good bow of 30skill, which i used it only once in that battle with them. Even dropped one of them as they were very sure of them fielding all fians and each with a party 3 times larger than my party, so they walked ahead and i sniped one. Same battle i lost that bow. Learned that a good hint is the color of the name, to pay attention to that as if it's in red i'm in a pvp zone and should keep distance. I also use "alt" often in many instances but is particularly useful to keep note of party speeds in order to maintain an advantage.

But yes if 3 guys even if slower are after you is not that easy to escape because the maps have plenty of dead ends. I learned that in the south... They should really make the zones islands, surrounded by safe zones so you can always have a way out. Or make camps safe zones where you heal but also can't be attacked by npc's or players alike, war or no war even.

Sehnix

Recruit
Mar 29, 2023
NRW Germany
nene, I'm new here, but not on the horse with my head galloping against a wall too often .., and always go back to the defeated place ..,^^
if you don't learn from such a painful mistake at the 1x, something is wrong with you..,^^

But I can give you a nice tip for bows...,
go south, far right PVP zone is an oasis very far north and not far from the safe zone...,
then you can circle around 45 - 56 desert bandits and then it is very IMPORTANT that you drive them a little bit north before you can attack them on safe ground...,
Because if you fight with those in the PVP zone, it can quickly happen that you get out of the fight and are surrounded by zombies with your battered troop...!!!

because on safe ground nothing can happen to you after a long fight and drop chances are the same...,

Because these 45 - 55 squads very often drop the best 30 bows..., I always pick up 2-3 steppe reflex bows from there, and bad reflex bows also drop, but the 30 bow is slightly worse than the steppe reflex bow...,the first playable small One Head Shot Kill bow..., one finds it only very rarely anywhere else on the market..., and if it does then one costs 35-50000, the heavy reflex bow is often available for 20-25000!
but only over 40 strong bandits .., so directly drive a 56 to the north and very good drop chance ..,

Modars

Recruit
Mar 25, 2023
nene, I'm new here, but not on the horse with my head galloping against a wall too often .., and always go back to the defeated place ..,^^
if you don't learn from such a painful mistake at the 1x, something is wrong with you..,^^

But I can give you a nice tip for bows...,
go south, far right PVP zone is an oasis very far north and not far from the safe zone...,
then you can circle around 45 - 56 desert bandits and then it is very IMPORTANT that you drive them a little bit north before you can attack them on safe ground...,
Because if you fight with those in the PVP zone, it can quickly happen that you get out of the fight and are surrounded by zombies with your battered troop...!!!

because on safe ground nothing can happen to you after a long fight and drop chances are the same...,

Because these 45 - 55 squads very often drop the best 30 bows..., I always pick up 2-3 steppe reflex bows from there, and bad reflex bows also drop, but the 30 bow is slightly worse than the steppe reflex bow...,the first playable small One Head Shot Kill bow..., one finds it only very rarely anywhere else on the market..., and if it does then one costs 35-50000, the heavy reflex bow is often available for 20-25000!
but only over 40 strong bandits .., so directly drive a 56 to the north and very good drop chance ..,
you are right because I had similar experience at the beginning where I thought the north is a pve area because when you read about bno you read every where that the wildlands are pvp and the north is pve. Fortunately I did not lose as much as you did but it really got me frustrated. I realized later that the pve zone is very small and the bandits there are smaller groups so it not very efficient chasing them but you have to because you hope to get some noble kits as a drop because its extremely expensive.

In my opinion all the frost lands should all become a pve zone and its is necessary for the game at its current state for the following reasons:

1- encourage new players to stay in the game because getting rewards out of a more challenging pve once and a while is better than chasing looters all day to make money. looters and bandits should be a stage in the game for early players and a quick cash option later in the game not to mention grinding the player skills.

2- the prices at the market are too high because few clans can farm north or wildlands and the smaller clans or new players gets bullied there so they avoid it. taking the point above it will help more players stay active in the game and encourage new players to play the game which is going to increase the amount of supply of items and goods in the market which will drop the prices a bit.

3- with the nobel kits drop it will be cheaper and less risky to train Nobel units which will allow a larger number of players to contribute more to their clans without hours and hours of leveling up units that means they can fight more in pvp and it will be less taxing to lose some of the units in a pvp fight. This will create a more diverse game experience instead of only grinding avoiding big clan members and fight only once or twice a day when the other clan members decides to. it will even encourage clan less players to go to the pvp area to test their skills.

I have been playing for a month now and honestly this mod has a great potential if players try to create a code of conduct (which is not going to happen) or for the mod developers to make the environment less hostile and grindy and more welcoming and encourage new experiments, because until now I don't know if the game is fun for me and I guess many players at its current state.

Horked

Infantry Man
Mar 21, 2021
Its common in RvR games to get a notification when entering a zone where PvP can take place. Usally the notification comes with a tick-box "Show only once".