Unable to enter the game, need help

AEAEAEA

Recruit
Aug 13, 2022
Hello, I can't enter the game. Since the game ontology was updated to version 1.80, it was also updated. As far as I know, only a small number of people can enter the game now. When can the lander be upgraded to 1.80?

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Bannerlord Online is currently still running on e1.7.2 and we're hoping to br able to update it to e1.8.0 within 1-3 days.

For those that do not wish to wait that long, you can change the Beta version of Bannerlord to e1.7.2 through Steam.

Right-click Bannerlord - Properties - Betas - e1.7.2

Betas-172.gif

If you continue to run into issues at that point with crashes on launch, you will manually have to remove all the 'language_data.xml' files in the Bannerlord folder. There are 36 files located in the below folders. (12 per module)

- Modules/Native/ModuleData/Languages/
- Modules/SandBoxCore/ModuleData/Languages/
- Modules/CustomBattle/ModuleData/Languages/
- Modules/StoryMode/ModuleData/Languages/

language_data.gif

Last edited:
  • Good
Reactions: Hurt

Abyrd

Recruit
Aug 12, 2022
Bannerlord Online is currently still running on e1.7.2 and we're hoping to br able to update it to e1.8.0 within 1-3 days.

For those that do not wish to wait that long, you can change the Beta version of Bannerlord to e1.7.2 through Steam.

Right-click Bannerlord - Properties - Betas - e1.7.2

View attachment 855

If you continue to run into issues at that point with crashes on launch, you will manually have to remove all the 'language_data.xml' files in the Bannerlord folder. There are 36 files located in the below folders. (12 per module)

- Modules/Native/ModuleData/Languages/
- Modules/SandBoxCore/ModuleData/Languages/
- Modules/CustomBattle/ModuleData/Languages/
- Modules/StoryMode/ModuleData/Languages/

View attachment 856
I've done this and my game still doesn't work

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
I've done this and my game still doesn't work
Could you provide some details on what issue you're running into when trying to play?
- Any specific error message?
- What version of Bannerlord are you running?
- We're you able to find and delete any 'language_data.xml' files?

Aizeen

Recruit
Aug 16, 2022
Could you provide some details on what issue you're running into when trying to play?
- Any specific error message?
- What version of Bannerlord are you running?
- We're you able to find and delete any 'language_data.xml' files?
1660907435376.png

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
In order to be able to play Bannerlord Online, you currently need to be running e1.7.2.

So make sure you've downgraded to e1.7.2 (based on the error, you have). Then clear out the files from the e1.8.0 update that cause Bannerlord Online AND single player to crash on e1.7.2 (and older versions).
  1. Go to Steam.
  2. Right-click Bannerlord and choose Manage, then Browse local files.
  3. Go to the Modules folder.
  4. In the top right, use the windows search to search for "language_data.xml".
  5. Delete all the results.
After that, try running single player and Bannerlord Online.

Last edited:

Shanthez

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
In order to be able to play Bannerlord Online, you currently need to be running e1.7.2.

So make sure you've downgraded to e1.7.2 (based on the error, you have). Then clear out the files from e1.8.0 that cause Bannerlord Online AND single player to crash on e1.7.2.
  1. Go to Steam.
  2. Right-click Bannerlord and choose Manage, then Browse local files.
  3. Go to the Modules folder.
  4. In the top right, use the windows search to search for "language_data.xml".
  5. Delete all the results.
After that, try running single player and Bannerlord On
That works, thanks, good work guys :)