Towns protection - conquest timeframe.

Kantez

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
Upcoming clans and rules of war are not yet in game, but i think it would be good to discuss them.

Not everyone can sit on server 24/7 and it would be really sh***y situaton to log in to game and see all your towns taken during the night or early morning hours.

I would like to propose some timeframe that would allow players to defend their clan in reasonable hours. 16:00/17:00 - 21:00/22:00? What do you think? NERD.jpg

Modafinil

Recruit
Apr 6, 2021
Let the devs decide, along the way they will make adjustments to make it fair. They've gone this far and have created a pretty amazing experience so trust them.

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
This has already Been suggested before, The first step is going to be getting it to work similar to how it does in single player, then after that they will tweak it and Rework it to what they think is best, the idea is for the World to be in constant motion though, so We'll see what they come up with.

Reactions: Luca Bravehide

haxorninja

Recruit
Apr 12, 2021
A good example to look at is Rust, a very popular open world game where offline raiding is common. Sometimes you wake up in the morning and all your stuff you worked for for months is gone.

Way to counter this is to have large clans with multiple timezones. Expect to get pinged during work meetings that castles are being taken.

A territory wipe every few months might be nice. So players retain all their stats, maybe some of their gold, but all the territory is reset. Otherwise expect 1 large clan to steamroll everything.

Kantez

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
Way to counter this is to have large clans with multiple timezones. Expect to get pinged during work meetings that castles are being taken.
Thats why i suggested timefarame when conquest is possible. EU1 players are mostly from europe, so we can adapt with our local times just like we do it with events. People are not stupid. (mostly:D)

And what about those few players who are playing on EU1 but are from other parts of the world? They will have to adjust. Majority cant bend to minority.

I assume many people here have jobs or school. Why no one exept those who can play 24/7 can have fun conquering and keeping anything?
If hundreds of players can show up during the event, many will be active during timeframe of conquest.
Clan wars can be a thing only when both parties appear on the show.

Second thing you mentioned: steamrolling.
How to put it... When Roman Empire was steamrolling Mediterranean there was no wipe:D If some empire will conquer most of the map you can do two things: accept its rule or conspire with other lords to rebel and throw out the oppresors.

Its devs jobs to decide what to do with it all, its their mod. Maybe they have other ideas.

Reactions: JoeMeekPls