Suggestions taken from Warband RP

Thor Stagernes

Recruit
May 24, 2022
Hi, first I want to say I love your mod and can see it has great potential.
But I am curious which direction you are steering towards:
Will you focus on more PVE, quests and different jobs, or will you focus more on PVP and interaction between players?

Maybe you heard of Warband RP? Not going in too much details but that mod really nailed the interaction between players:
You needed bread / food to survive (your life bar slowly drained over time).
And you could only buy bread from other players, so farming bread was very important. That is why new players usually started as farmers and how they earned their money.
And farming was fun! You needed the right tool and swing away at the hay. Then later you grinded it and then baked the bread.

Same with mining: To get iron ore, players needed to go into the mines and manually hack out the ore from stones with their pick axe.
But it was dangerous! Spawning bandits would come randomly, so the miners were depending on some heavily armed players who would protect them...for a fee of course.

And you could also smith weapons and tools: You would need the iron bars that the miners had melted for you, and you would have to manually swing and hit the iron bars to create the weapons you wanted. Sometimes your pick would break or the weapon you were creating break, so it was quite challenging, but still fun.

I would love to see that Bannerlord RP got these different jobs and more so players were dependent on each other and we got more interaction going on.
So far I have seen almost zero interactions in towns among players, they just ride quickly to sell their stuff and buy new gear.
It feels like I am playing a single player game, even though it's online.

In Warband RP you could also challenge other players to a duel. If they accepted you could duel anywhere you wanted.

Keep in mind that Warband RP did not have an overworld map, only 3d / action map. But it was quite big, and the way they made it made the world feel huge.
I am not sure how big a Bannerlord 3d map could be, but it feels way more optimized than Warband was, and it also support 1000 troops in one area so...
just an idea ;)
Maybe you could make an alternate module eventually to see how it goes? Bannerlord RP?

Oakenlix

Infantry Man
Apr 11, 2021
The next update for the economy will contain a lot of stuff you've mentioned.

You can also duel people in the tournament grounds (near Poros, Quyaz and Sibir)

Reactions: Turgen Mori