Suggestion : Extend retreat timer

DN Xamarius

Recruit
Dec 25, 2021
Hi fellow knights, ladies, peasants, vagabond and other beggar.

Just back from deserved holiday, I was pleased to note that progress has been made during this summer and thanks to BO team for that.

I'll try to be short, hopefully it will increase the chances of this topic to be heard.

Preventing PVP players from killing all the opponent troops is a good idea to balance fights and force us to focus more on troops fight.
(No more Rambo players coming with peasants and killing the whole ennemy's army)

But.

Combined to the retreat system, I becomes even completely pointless to seek pvp with other clans (Except maybe for disputing the Frosts and wildlands)
Indeed, If a player does not want to be fair in fight, he can completely deny the other by retreating at the beggining of the battle and has absolutely no risk to loose troops in that case.

I would suggest to extend the retreat timer from 30 seconds to 2min at least.

Benefits : The meta will evolve and we will probably see some new army compositions specialized in pursuit (or retreat covering) to make a maximum of kills during these 2 min in case of retreat.

Also, the retreating army should still be able to fight during retreat. In order to allow spear infantry/Pikement to cover their retreat.

I believe this idea will balance pvp, retreats will be more realistic, it will be more fun to invade ennemy territory and add more use for spear infantry.

PS : PLEASE : I beg you to fix the lags issues during the retreat, this is really annoying and goes for too long now.

What do you guys think about it ? I know this has a better chance to be read on discord but the community opinion is important.

Crashbash

Recruit
Aug 21, 2021
I thing they have other stuff to do.
They need to make the castle update the fast as possible.
Maybe just make the Retrait mechanic so, all units musst run to the red Zone and dissappear like now. But Timer on 2 Minutes, if all units escaped retreat is finished.
Units left behind are dead or wounded, but 2 minutes are enough to run red Zone.
On this way, if you are allready near the red zone you can Retrait in maybe 10 Sek.

DN Xamarius

Recruit
Dec 25, 2021
I thing they have other stuff to do.
They need to make the castle update the fast as possible.
Maybe just make the Retrait mechanic so, all units musst run to the red Zone and dissappear like now. But Timer on 2 Minutes, if all units escaped retreat is finished.
Units left behind are dead or wounded, but 2 minutes are enough to run red Zone.
On this way, if you are allready near the red zone you can Retrait in maybe 10 Sek.

I agree that Castle and Economic update is more important.

Still, there is not much work to do in order to balance retreat and give interest in pvp.

Just adding 2min or more retreat time and allow retreating player to control his troops during that timer (So he can decide if he wants to fight, cover the retreat or just try to escape with all his troops)

This extended time allow the pursuing opponent to rush with all his cavalry and try to make as much kills as possible.

An other way would be to just supress the timer and end the battle when all the troops crossed the red zone allowing players to organize their retreat and even to hurt his opponent with spears in particular (because the cav will be the only threat to a fleeing army).