Suggestion concerning starting town Zeonica's Market.

Leo Major

Recruit
Apr 7, 2021
New players are extremely discouraged by the high prices of items. I know of a friend whom quit and cited it as one of the reasons. The game is exceptionally grindy and crushingly hard when starting. Your hero unit is weaker than a looter for a long time. I propose a quick and easy solution of simply limiting the highest price point in Zeonica to say 5,000 denars. Let this market for cheap and starting equipement. Event items can easily be sold elsewhere especially when players have global chat & discord to communicate.

Esorcism

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
That's how free market works.

Anyway, there are t4 and t5 equip pieces for about 1000/2000 denars at Zeonica (talking about NA).

NKP Bossi

Recruit
Apr 2, 2021
Zeronica market is the market with the lowest prices over all. Think about it. If u wanna buy high tier Items u need to pay for them.
If ur new u also start with low tier Items, that how it works in all games.....

GAL N Walker

Recruit
Mar 26, 2021
England / Germay
I am not the most experienced Player but Do have experience. I buy from the Wanderer and sell in the starting City for just a small profit. Simply to help New players... I agree with the Suggestion of limiting the price in this starting City and would respectfully ask all experienced players to throw a few Nice items on the marker at a fair price for the newbies 🙂. Looking foward to clans and More. Keep up the good work devs. 🤗

RAPTOR

Infantry Man
Mar 21, 2021
Slovakia
I bought my first bow (mountain bow) for 10,000 three weeks ago, you can buy it now for 100 ... prices during that time went sharply down and new players have it much easier when it comes to buying equipment than those who started earlier ... you only need work on the farm or fights in the arena for one hour and you have enough denars to buy complete equipment

Last edited:

Oakenlix

Infantry Man
Apr 11, 2021
So your solution is to have fewer items on the market? How's that gonna help anyone?
Because that's exactly what would happen. The items that are already listed below 5000 would stay, and the rest of the market would just move to Jalmarys.
People aren't gonna magically start selling items cheaper if you limit the prices, that's not how the free market works, or the world for that matter.

Numnut

Recruit
Apr 2, 2021
couple certain level items to something like renown, new players should not need tier 5 armor sets for a low price, they should need to play the game to get access to those high tier items.
using renown to be even able to purchase, u can set higher prices, as they have hours of farming under their belt.

szeky

Recruit
Apr 13, 2021
some ppl use the markets as storage...thats why the pricess are like 9999999
but i must admit the prices for horses are insane i got like 131k and still cant buy a new one....
meaning i have to grind more..but for some thats over there limit in wich they enyoy the game
for me that is...

its verly good that this is noted

Synthia

Recruit
Apr 9, 2021
New players are extremely discouraged by the high prices of items. I know of a friend whom quit and cited it as one of the reasons. The game is exceptionally grindy and crushingly hard when starting. Your hero unit is weaker than a looter for a long time. I propose a quick and easy solution of simply limiting the highest price point in Zeonica to say 5,000 denars. Let this market for cheap and starting equipement. Event items can easily be sold elsewhere especially when players have global chat & discord to communicate.
Starting equipment are already cheapest in zeo. high price items are usually rare ones and only meant for late game players. if a starter player wants a saddle he is kidding himself.

Reactions: RAPTOR

Madae

Recruit
Apr 24, 2021
This game is pretty much the epitome of all the most frustrating aspects of an MMO in one package. Healing is too slow. Movement is too slow. Leveling is too slow. Everything is ridiculously expensive. NPC's hit way too hard. Same cheesy multiplayer on a grander scale. Never saw the draw of it before this, certainly don't see it here now. The idea piqued my interest, but I should have known I'd hate this crap as much as I hate the multiplayer already. If you actually enjoy this, good for you, but it will always be niche unless some things change.

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
This game is pretty much the epitome of all the most frustrating aspects of an MMO in one package. Healing is too slow. Movement is too slow. Leveling is too slow. Everything is ridiculously expensive. NPC's hit way too hard. Same cheesy multiplayer on a grander scale. Never saw the draw of it before this, certainly don't see it here now. The idea piqued my interest, but I should have known I'd hate this crap as much as I hate the multiplayer already. If you actually enjoy this, good for you, but it will always be niche unless some things change.
Sounds like you should stick to single player Madae...

Madae

Recruit
Apr 24, 2021
Sounds like you should stick to single player Madae...
That's a very impressive dodge of the problems and suggestions that both myself, the OP, and others have pointed out. It's fine if the developers want to keep this design to attract a very specific hardcore group of M&B/MMO fans, but ignoring the fact that these are not the most endearing traits of a successful game won't get it anywhere in the longterm. I would suggest you offer some very good reasons for why the things I've mentioned need to stay exactly how they are for the benefit of this game as a whole instead of trying to attack me personally by implying that I'm not "cut out" for this "special" type of game because of my tastes.

Last edited:

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
That's a very impressive dodge of the problems and suggestions that both myself, the OP, and others have pointed out. It's fine if the developers want to keep this design to attract a very specific hardcore group of M&B/MMO fans, but ignoring the fact that these are not the most endearing traits of a successful game won't get it anywhere in the longterm. I would suggest you offer some very good reasons for why the things I've mentioned need to stay exactly how they are for the benefit of this game as a whole instead of trying to attack me personally by implying that I'm not "cut out" for this "special" type of game because of my tastes.
it wasn't a dodge... it was a blunt response... if you don't like the MMO route that BL:O is taking then stick to single player.... all you've done is Criticize without providing any actual Feedback on how the Team could improve upon what they have.

in the Case of the OP and others they have at least tried to offer a way of improving conditions, they are providing feedback whereas you are just complaining.

Madae

Recruit
Apr 24, 2021
it wasn't a dodge... it was a blunt response... if you don't like the MMO route that BL:O is taking then stick to single player.... all you've done is Criticize without providing any actual Feedback on how the Team could improve upon what they have.

in the Case of the OP and others they have at least tried to offer a way of improving conditions, they are providing feedback whereas you are just complaining.
Healing is too slow. Increase it.
Movement is too slow. Increase it.
Leveling is too slow. Increase it.
Everything is ridiculously expensive. Don't let players set prices.
NPC's hit way too hard. Decrease it.

You could have figured this out, so that leads me to believe that all you want to do is argue and start fights with detractors instead of have an actual discussion. That, or you're blind to the problems this game has because you really like it. Good for you.

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
Healing is too slow. Increase it.
Movement is too slow. Increase it.
Leveling is too slow. Increase it.
Everything is ridiculously expensive. Don't let players set prices.
NPC's hit way too hard. Decrease it.

You could have figured this out, so that leads me to believe that all you want to do is argue and start fights with detractors instead of have an actual discussion.
Xp Rates are going to be Tweaked,
NPC's are supposed to hit like that because you are weaker than them when you have lower stats and weaker gear than them,
it's a player ran economy, prices are set by players, expect prices to fall when things become more widely available,
movement speed will remain the same... this is the Current info.

Madae

Recruit
Apr 24, 2021
Xp Rates are going to be Tweaked,
NPC's are supposed to hit like that because you are weaker than them when you have lower stats and weaker gear than them,
it's a player ran economy, prices are set by players, expect prices to fall when things become more widely available,
movement speed will remain the same... this is the Current info.
You could have said this from the beginning, but instead you chose to belittle someone else for a different opinion about your favorite game.

The exp rates worked fine for Bannerlord, allowing you to adjust and increase the exp rate for what you wanted to specialize in by giving you attribute points. This game doesn't do that, at least not at the start. The exp you get for using skills or killing enemies probably isn't the issue, it's that everyone starts off with no choice of specialty.

Looters have practically nothing, come in groups more often than not and still hit like a truck, even when you're equipped with basic gear. This game is basically arena fights for hours because that's the only thing you're capable of doing without being heavily punished for it. It shouldn't take 10 minutes to heal half of your health while waiting around in a city, either.

Player ran economy is just a dumb idea. Bannerlord set a reasonable standard of progression, and there's no reason to screw that up by introducing player greed. The only thing it was missing is consumption of goods, which can probably be fixed by requiring troops to be upgraded by the weapons and armor you find or buy, like how horses are required to upgrade units to cavalry in the base game.

Player movement speed isn't that much of a problem, except when you're on horseback and your horse can barely trot and handles like a boulder. Campaign map movement speed is the real issue.

Overall, when the game is too dangerous for the player to do anything but sit back and watch their recruited army massacre the enemy, it has lost the attraction M&B had. It's more than leading armies, it's being part of that army, but everything around you is incredibly lethal and not worth the risk of fighting in melee when the result is a 20 minute wait in town. You can argue "realism", and I would counter with "fun", which this game is not balanced around. You could also argue that most MMO games have an emphasis on player advancement and hero-like qualities because no one wants to be a shitter in the back twiddling their thumbs like this game turns you in to.

Last edited:
Reactions: itchyfinger

Bryggan

Recruit
Mar 20, 2021
You could have said this from the beginning, but instead you chose to belittle someone else for a different opinion about your favorite game.

The exp rates worked fine for Bannerlord, allowing you to adjust and increase the exp rate for what you wanted to specialize in by giving you attribute points. This game doesn't do that, at least not at the start. The exp you get for using skills or killing enemies probably isn't the issue, it's that everyone starts off with no choice of specialty.

Looters have practically nothing, come in groups more often than not and still hit like a truck, even when you're equipped with basic gear. This game is basically arena fights for hours because that's the only thing you're capable of doing without being heavily punished for it. It shouldn't take 10 minutes to heal half of your health while waiting around in a city, either.

Player ran economy is just a dumb idea. Bannerlord set a reasonable standard of progression, and there's no reason to screw that up by introducing player greed. The only thing it was missing is consumption of goods, which can probably be fixed by requiring troops to be upgraded by the weapons and armor you find or buy, like how horses are required to upgrade units to cavalry in the base game.

Player movement speed isn't that much of a problem, except when you're on horseback and your horse can barely trot and handles like a boulder. Campaign map movement speed is the real issue.

Overall, when the game is too dangerous for the player to do anything but sit back and watch their recruited army massacre the enemy, it has lost the attraction M&B had. It's more than leading armies, it's being part of that army, but everything around you is incredibly lethal and not worth the risk of fighting in melee when the result is a 20 minute wait in town. You can argue "realism", and I would counter with "fun", which this game is not balanced around.
Yeah, I'm gonna agree and say you should stick to Single Player. Sure, everyone wants to be the greatest hero in the land, but if you can't earn it then you don't deserve it.

Reactions: Henry Skalitz

Madae

Recruit
Apr 24, 2021
Yeah, I'm gonna agree and say you should stick to Single Player. Sure, everyone wants to be the greatest hero in the land, but if you can't earn it then you don't deserve it.
Wow, so productive. Thanks for this very important post.

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021

Horses without a Saddle will give you a movement speed penalty.
Horses will be required to Upgrade Cavalry units Further in development.

it's normal for injuries to take time to heal... that's how healing works... over time, which will give you time to do other activities such as Fighting in the arena or spending time doing some resource gathering/Farming.

I'm not going to repeat myself about the whole "Prices will likely drop when things become more widely available"... you don't like a player ran economy and that's your opinion, this will not be changing.

as for XP rates... this isn't single player BannerLord, This is BannerLord: Online, Xp rates are being Tweaked continuously to find a balance that counteracts exploits and things like that...

why shouldn't it take 10 minutes to heal from wounds?

Also this isn't my favourite game.... but you seem big on making assumptions and jumping to conclusions.

Reactions: RAPTOR