Somethings wrong with my launcher

Clarg IronFoot

Recruit
Nov 19, 2021
everytime i start up the launcher it checks for an update for a few seconds then an error pops up that says "could not update launcher! an error occured while sending the request" and im not sure how to fix this

S i d

Recruit
Mar 22, 2021
California
Make sure you have Steam open on the background, and also have the most stable version on (i.e. opt out of any beta version - just stay current)

Clarg IronFoot

Recruit
Nov 19, 2021
Make sure you have Steam open on the background, and also have the most stable version on (i.e. opt out of any beta version - just stay current)
i do have steam open and im sure i have the most recent version, yet it doesnt wanna work. ive also tried restarting my computer twice, reinstalling the launcher, running as administrator and nothing helped. weirdly enough i was playing fine earlier i dont know what happened

Reactions: RicanRodTV

Warhorse

Recruit
Nov 7, 2021
just started happening to me too. ive done everything too. fresh installs, restarted my PC, validated game files, im not sure what the issue is. mine was working fine yesterday too. not exactly sure what to do. ill let you know if i find a way to fix it

Warhorse

Recruit
Nov 7, 2021
alright, i saw somewhere online that using a VPN fixes it, so i launched up my NordVPN, connected, then the launcher updated perfectly fine. im assuming you can use any VPN, but for some reason that fixed the issue. Hope this helps!

Clarg IronFoot

Recruit
Nov 19, 2021
alright, i saw somewhere online that using a VPN fixes it, so i launched up my NordVPN, connected, then the launcher updated perfectly fine. im assuming you can use any VPN, but for some reason that fixed the issue. Hope this helps!
ill try it thanks man

Clarg IronFoot

Recruit
Nov 19, 2021
the vpn worked but after that i deleted the vpn and i couldnt play again so i guess if you want to play and have this problem you need a vpn or you can tplay

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
These types of errors are related to the connection between you and the update server being prevented. This can have multiple causes like the internet provider blacklisting ( Comcast is a known provider to do this) or your own connectivity settings on the computer.

A VPN is often the easiest way to resolve it, as you both confirmed. Troubleshooting these issues can be really difficult.

Sir Kracker

Recruit
Jun 27, 2021
These types of errors are related to the connection between you and the update server being prevented. This can have multiple causes like the internet provider blacklisting ( Comcast is a known provider to do this) or your own connectivity settings on the computer.

A VPN is often the easiest way to resolve it, as you both confirmed. Troubleshooting these issues can be really difficult.
Is there another way to fix this? I have never had a VPN and it has played just fine.

DevKanone

Recruit
Nov 11, 2021
I tried that as well but still no fix
Dang, well I never tried the VPN fix that others suggested. I just struggled to find a solution for about an hour until I moved the game to my laptop, and when it still wouldn't work, I connected to my mobile hotspot and then it let me play the game. Thats when I figured my router could be causing a problem. I don't know what else to try but hopefully you can find whatever fix works for you.