PvE clans?

Vikor Reacher

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Hi!

Does you know if PvE clans (or different clan types) will be worked on or implemented anytime soon?

Thank you!

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Unfortunately that's a low priority item on the developers to do list. So far down that they'd first need to determine the exact way of implementing such a thing.

While we can't say when, I'd not expect that in the next half year.

Erdensang

Recruit
Sep 12, 2021
Getting ganked by far higher leveled players and clans recently, I wonder if this suggestion really is that complicated. As to the exact way of implementing such a thing: how about simply adding a button for clans to flag your clan either as PvE or PvP? I am adding some suggestions which should be reasonable in their extent and easy to implement (in my pov ofc):

# First off, the term "PvE clan" should be elaborated:
- It would appear logical that declaring war on other clans either is prohibited or would make you lose the "PvE" tag for a considerable amount of time (like 3 real time days or more).
- Other clans also are unable to declare war on PvE clans
- PvP interactions still would take place in PvP zones like certain desert or frostland regions (as it is a game mechanic also PvE clans should take care of)
- Alliances either are only possible with other PvE clans or not possible at all
- if Alliances with PvE clans are possible, declaring war (and losing your PvE status) would immediately end all Alliances the war declaring PvE clan currently has. This also means allied PvE clans who go to war with other clans will automatically be removed from your Alliance.

# Optional addition to the "PvE clan" idea:
- Adding a "Duel" option upon clicking and reaching a PvE player would give PvP clans still the possibility to engage PvE players in the open world - but with their consent and without diplomatic consequences for their PvE clan

If changing clan flags would be too much for the server (dunno how much traffic this would cause overall), you could also make players choose right when creating their clan if it should be PvE or PvP permanently. If the permanent choice would be the best way for devs to handle this problem, then the following suggestions may be logical consequences:

- As a permanent PvE clan, you can't declare war on any other clan (until you leave the PvE clan and join a PvP one)
- Alliances may only be possible with other PvE clans (if possible at all)
- All other rules would be the same as already suggested above

This topic should get a bit more attention than it does imo. The solution is at hand, at least a lot easier than implementing sieges.

[Edit] Expanded this post with some suggestions.

Last edited:
Reactions: OlderGambler

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
By far the biggest complaint you'll see on this from the PvP clans, is that they fear PvP clans will train alts/troops in a PvE clan.

There has been active debate on the discord to which approach to take and one of the more popular seems to be to include a cost on declaring wars. So that clans that want to declare, gank and offer peace (because they need their war slots) will have to pay influence on it.

Erdensang

Recruit
Sep 12, 2021
By far the biggest complaint you'll see on this from the PvP clans, is that they fear PvP clans will train alts/troops in a PvE clan.

There has been active debate on the discord to which approach to take and one of the more popular seems to be to include a cost on declaring wars. So that clans that want to declare, gank and offer peace (because they need their war slots) will have to pay influence on it.

To solve this problem maybe two other suggestions:

If a player joins either a PvP or PvE clan, all his characters (regardless how many he has or creates) are also immediately flagged PvP or PvE - meaning they can only join (or be part of) either a PvP or a PvE clan with all of their characters.

As playing with multiple accounts is forbidden on this mod (at least to my knowledge, think I read exactly that on these forums), this would prevent players from raising troops or armies on their other characters. And to prevent any other related problems, devs could lock members of PvP clans from trading anything with members of PvE clans.

Did I miss out anything on this issue? Aside of the discord debate ofc lol

Last edited:

Vikor Reacher

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Hi!

Players already train troops like that on neutral alts so nothing would change in that aspect though Wolf.

I also like your ideas Erdensang and I think this mechanic would also help newbies stay, right now new players can be alone or join a clan and fight PvP.

What if they dont want to PvP? What if they want to level up before PvP?

Being in a clan is so cool, having a clan house that you can decorate, growing up together, leveling up the clan, doing fun activities as a group. But this feature is reserved for PvP players right now.

Please let me know if this mechanic gets implemented!

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hi!

Players already train troops like that on neutral alts so nothing would change in that aspect though Wolf.

I also like your ideas Erdensang and I think this mechanic would also help newbies stay, right now new players can be alone or join a clan and fight PvP.

What if they dont want to PvP? What if they want to level up before PvP?

Being in a clan is so cool, having a clan house that you can decorate, growing up together, leveling up the clan, doing fun activities as a group. But this feature is reserved for PvP players right now.

Please let me know if this mechanic gets implemented!
Yeah, I'm well aware of the alts training troops without clans. But the PvP side keeps complaining that if PvE clans are safe, they'll become troop training clans for pvp clans.

I'm still very hopeful to get a system to make clans better protected against pvp ganking, but the developers haven't even reached the point yet of considering the options.

I'm also fine with forcing all characters into either PvP or PvE. But something tells me the devs haven't found an easy solution yet to store information account wide instead of character based.

Sveinn

Recruit
May 14, 2021
Australia
Alot of people want the PvE clan system to be added in as for I am one of them who want this in so the new players can enjoy the game and get the hang of it etc, It is really needed tbh

Erdensang

Recruit
Sep 12, 2021
As "the PvP side" apparently trains their troops systematically with neutral alts, I don't see how their complaints would gain any reasonable weight on this topic. On the other hand, you would give a whole community of peaceful or growing players (or some who don't enjoy PvP at all) a place to stay. Hope there will be some solution to this problem soon.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
PvE clans are included in the list of things to work on in the near future.

Ekkon

Recruit
Jan 17, 2023

People probably have clanless alts training troops anywhere and attacking caravans and spying etc..
PvE clans wouldnt change much here.. If it is issue then fix could be - to disable trading with PvP clan and PvE clan people.. but then again clanless alts gonna be used so no point in both "issues" i guess.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
People probably have clanless alts training troops anywhere and attacking caravans and spying etc..
PvE clans wouldnt change much here.. If it is issue then fix could be - to disable trading with PvP clan and PvE clan people.. but then again clanless alts gonna be used so no point in both "issues" i guess.
I fully agree, not much would change. But the PvP side tends to complain quickly. Specially if those untouchables also get clan bonus.

Fortunately the PvE side is a lot bigger than it initially seems. But the PvP side is louder.

Sidilicious

Recruit
Feb 16, 2023
Some sort of PvE clan/optional PvP clan system would make so much sense. Currently, new players are actively discouraged from joining a clan by the PvP mechanic, which kind of kills the purpose of an mmo - community and cooperation.

I know that problem is as old as mmos, I remember what happened in Ultima Online. It is very hard to find a solution that works for hardcore PvP ppl, casual PvP ppl and PvE ppl, but I think if the devs want to maintain a broad player base, action needs to be taken.

Reactions: Bibb Sellsword

Horked

Infantry Man
Mar 21, 2021
Eve Online is prolly the MMO with the the best working RvR mechanics. I really like this system, I think much of it could be adopted by Bannerlord.

For example, in Eve, it cost money to keep a war-dec active. Only the aggressor pay for war-dec. War targets can be attacked everywhere. The size of the war-dec'ed (defender) faction decide the size of the war-dec bill for the attacking faction.

Problem with RvR wars in Calradia is that the land is very linare, there are few to no shortcuts or alternative routes, its all basically a bottleneck.

If we could sail, however. . . But thats another topic

Somnorila

Recruit
Mar 11, 2023
Eve Online is prolly the MMO with the the best working RvR mechanics. I really like this system, I think much of it could be adopted by Bannerlord.

For example, in Eve, it cost money to keep a war-dec active. Only the aggressor pay for war-dec. War targets can be attacked everywhere. The size of the war-dec'ed (defender) faction decide the size of the war-dec bill for the attacking faction.

Problem with RvR wars in Calradia is that the land is very linare, there are few to no shortcuts or alternative routes, its all basically a bottleneck.

If we could sail, however. . . But thats another topic
I was thinking about the loot drop system, that could be a simple approach to this pve thing and can use stuff that's already in the game. Like getting attacked without a war you have 0% chance of dropping items while the attacker has a much higher chance than now, maybe not paying money either, you just lost some troops or had most knocked out and have to wait a bit until you can continue roaming and fighting. This approach would be more beneficial to non clan people getting attacked.
For clans specifically, same approach could work too, just maybe a bit tweaked. Maybe when some clan declares war, the target clan has to accept or not that war, if they accept the rules of war are as now where drop chances are applied to both sides, whomever wins wins, but if they don't accept then the other rules apply where only the attackers can drop items. So even if someone is declaring war on you, the would still think twice before attacking you. Just don't attack them yourself because you then get the end short of the stick and have a high chance of drop and they have 0% chance of that.

The overall idea is to make waging wars and general approach of attacking risky in regards of dropping your gear and expensive in regards of denars bounty paid per loss after you attack and not lucrative at all when winning if there is not a bilateral agreement to have a war and attack each other, to which rules stay just as now.
So pvp clans can still have their kick by attacking weak players but with no rewards for doing that and only high risks involved. Want to not have that high risks and costs? Then only fight others willing to fight.

Reactions: Modars and Horked

Horked

Infantry Man
Mar 21, 2021
So pvp clans can still have their kick by attacking weak players but with no rewards for doing that
They would still gain some XP I suppose

I still feel the map is much too small for RvR. Its glorified Ludo basically :unsure::confused:

I promise you, it will get very messy

Sidilicious

Recruit
Feb 16, 2023
I think the PvP zones are fine. Put the best loot there, but it is a risk. Everybody can attack everybody. Also casual PvP ppl can go there when they are looking for a fight.

The problem is with clan warfare, namely that big clans can declare on new or small clans without risk or cost. Maybe make a PvP clan system, with more benefits. Same logic like PvP zones, more risk, but benefits. And PvE clan system where wars need to be accepted by receiving party and less/different benefits, because it is less risk.