Private Servers

Hellgater

Recruit
Oct 27, 2022
With this mod am I able to run a private server or is these all hosted by the Mod Devs? Sorry if I missed this info somewhere.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
There are 4 servers (EU/NA/CN/RU) run by the developers of Bannerlord Online.
You will not be able to run a private server. Nor are there any plans to allow this in the future.

Mighty Zarkon

Recruit
Apr 14, 2021
There absolutely needs to be plans made as soon as possible if no plan has been planned for this most needed feature!

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Bannerlord Online is being developed as a MMO style. As development progresses, more features will deviated from single player. Having private servers, specially small ones, would not be ideal with the mod.

Mighty Zarkon

Recruit
Apr 14, 2021
I agree to disagree! 100%!

Doing such a thing WOULD affect the income generated by the dynamics of this AWESOME mod, but otherwise would strongly enrich the game play value for a lot of players!

The devs have created something that all M&B players have wanted since the game was originally released, the ability to co op the campaign map together.

I have no problem with them cashing in on such a unique and well executed idea, but for me, the logic of your statement does not explain away the lack of ability to make this mod available for players to run the same files on a server of thier choice!

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
When you're trying to create a player driven game, the last thing you want is to spread the players.

Having private servers sounds nice, if it was closer to single player with plenty of AI to replace the players.
The end goal is that players will harvest resources for crafting (smithing/food, later siege weapons). It would get stale pretty fast without a large playerbase.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
It's going to get real old real fast when some giga chad rolls my starter clan with a well established kingdom of armies tho
The unfortunate risk of online. Diplomacy is important but can't always help you.

Most clans are open to diplomacy, but some just want to see the world burn.

BSherb

Recruit
May 1, 2023
A very interesting outlook in fairness to both the Dev's and the Community as a whole.

Granted the Dev's hold final say and can "speculate" on the communities needs as they go. But after playing for almost two weeks and watching waves of people either joining or rage quitting due to getting into Clans (a key point of endgame material) seems that the community favors those who started earlier than gaining new members.

I've seen some awesome MMO systems in place that even bigger games haven't tried, and I'm impressed to say the least. But for the sake of a growing community, it looks to be wise to make some form of compromise in the far future when things have actually grown.

if private communities can't be formed (assuming the reason is wanting the ability to have a fresh start on the economy and army balances) perhaps a system of updates and resets. Maybe compensating those who play between resets with with coin in relation to what they've accomplished or even own.