Oceania Server

Sveinn

Recruit
May 14, 2021
Australia
I know this has been posted many times in the old Ideas and Wishes, General, Oceanic Chat etc on the discord. asking about having this added for 2 years you will see it if you search it up, but not in Ideas and Wishes since the rework on it. So I thought I would get my voice heard about it as well. When I first joined Bannerlord Online back in early 2021, there were multiple servers there were 2 NA servers, 2 EU servers, a RU server, and a CN server, but there was never a server for us OCE players. The only servers that were there for us with the lowest ping were NA and CN, which have over 200+ ping, which I have to say is not fun at all dealing with the desync and the lag etc 24/7 on the game. The OCE community has been split between EU/NA/CN servers because of the lack of a server of our own. So I am just hoping the OCE community could have a server of our own that could be around our ping so we can enjoy Bannerlord Online like the rest of the community. I have also added screenshots of how the OCE players see the menu for Bannerlord Online and our ping. I have also made this post in the discord as well in the Ideas and Wishes. https://discord.com/channels/755719544990990376/1112395203844771982

Attachments

• High Ping.png
    High Ping.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Low Ping.png
    Low Ping.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Server Status.png
    Server Status.png
    235 KB · Views: 21

Joe Allen

Recruit
May 8, 2022
When I played bannerload at Perth,Brisbane in Aus, ping was around 100~110ms.
Back to Korea, now its about 55~65ms.
I felt not much diffrence between these two area so far.

Sveinn

Recruit
May 14, 2021
Australia
When I played bannerload at Perth,Brisbane in Aus, ping was around 100~110ms.
Back to Korea, now its about 55~65ms.
I felt not much diffrence between these two area so far.
I don't get how you are getting 100 ping when I am getting a lot more than that, and I live in Australia as well. On top of that, a lot of us Oceania players don't speak Chinese or Korean, so there is a huge language barrier right there, and I have seen how the Oceania players get treated over on the CN server. It ain't pretty at all, which is why a lot of them stopped playing on the CN server. Like I said above, this is my ping for each server. For CN, it jumps from 200 to 250. This is why an Oceania Server is needed, so we can enjoy the game and have fun like everyone else.

1688017300137.png1688017373533.png1688017349953.png1688017319864.png

Joe Allen

Recruit
May 8, 2022
I don't get how you are getting 100 ping when I am getting a lot more than that, and I live in Australia as well. On top of that, a lot of us Oceania players don't speak Chinese or Korean, so there is a huge language barrier right there, and I have seen how the Oceania players get treated over on the CN server. It ain't pretty at all, which is why a lot of them stopped playing on the CN server. Like I said above, this is my ping for each server. For CN, it jumps from 200 to 250. This is why an Oceania Server is needed, so we can enjoy the game and have fun like everyone else.

View attachment 1214View attachment 1217View attachment 1216View attachment 1215
I agree that there is a language barrier
If you say so, Korean users are on the same position like you guys.
We would rather understand and are friendly in English, not Chinese.
We are in this server because of the number of people.
And OCE users are not many for maintainng server I guess.

I used Telstra which is higher internet plan when I was in Australia.
I had no problem at that moment.

Sveinn

Recruit
May 14, 2021
Australia
I agree that there is a language barrier
If you say so, Korean users are on the same position like you guys.
We would rather understand and are friendly in English, not Chinese.
We are in this server because of the number of people.
And OCE users are not many for maintainng server I guess.

I used Telstra which is higher internet plan when I was in Australia.
I had no problem at that moment.
There is an OCE Community that is big enough for a server Because 200+ ping is not enjoyable or playable for anyone. On top of that, my internet is using the NBN system, and I got one of the best plans for it, but still, my ping is very high, and it's not just me. Other Oceania players have complained about it in the past and have also asked for an OCE server, like myself. I've been playing since early 2021, and I can feel the desync, lag, etc. when I play. I believe all the Oceania players just want to be able to enjoy the game like everyone else and have fun without having to deal with 200+ ping.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
For those that haven't seen the announcement on discord, an OCE server will be launched today at 10:00 UTC.

Character transfers may be made available at a later day, but for now everyone will hsve a fresh start.

gruug

Recruit
Aug 4, 2023
www.memeatlas.com
OCE player here, Love the mod it's very polished for a mod and really fun
I have a couple questions and would like you to confirm what I noticed:
  • When you attack a laggy player, the server will register the hit if a player hit on their screen, basically you have the same authority as a laggy player. (In other servers only the laggy player has a disadvantage)
  • When two characters are attacking each other and one hits and stuns, the other's swing animation will be cancelled immediately, but in BO both hits could land if the timing is close enough.
Idk if I explained those well

CN Galadriel

Recruit
Nov 27, 2021
Glad you have an Oceania server now. Australia is a great place. The only frustrating thing is that all online games are laggy. I live in Brisbane, if you are using NBN network, the lowest ping I can achieve on the CN server is around 160-170 but you have to use a gaming VPN. Although the new sync system has been implemented, I've noticed that for high-ping players, the spear attack speed is slower compared to low-ping players (there's a slight pause before the action), which might be a disadvantage in PvP.

About language barriers, I must share my perspective as a Chinese. The prejudice and hostile attitude towards Chinese players that I've encountered on the EU server are much higher than what I've seen towards English speakers or Korean clans on the CN server. The main issue is game design, this game encourages competition among players. The limited resources on the large map like FL and desert foster a hostile attitude from established clans (beneficiaries) towards newly joined factions.

Sveinn

Recruit
May 14, 2021
Australia
Glad you have an Oceania server now. Australia is a great place. The only frustrating thing is that all online games are laggy. I live in Brisbane, if you are using NBN network, the lowest ping I can achieve on the CN server is around 160-170 but you have to use a gaming VPN. Although the new sync system has been implemented, I've noticed that for high-ping players, the spear attack speed is slower compared to low-ping players (there's a slight pause before the action), which might be a disadvantage in PvP.

About language barriers, I must share my perspective as a Chinese. The prejudice and hostile attitude towards Chinese players that I've encountered on the EU server are much higher than what I've seen towards English speakers or Korean clans on the CN server. The main issue is game design, this game encourages competition among players. The limited resources on the large map like FL and desert foster a hostile attitude from established clans (beneficiaries) towards newly joined factions.
strange that your ping is 160-170 on CN Server. When they moved it, the server recently mine went from 200+ to 400+. I also use NBN as well, but yeah, I didn't play the other servers much, only NA really, but I have seen how toxic the EU and NA get. As for CN I was only told about it from OCE players who were there. I have never played there. I have only made my characters there to have my name. Also, the limited resources are caused by that and on top the caravan, only items and the rigging of tournaments and the lack of PvE content like PvE Clans etc.

HullBardan

Recruit
Dec 19, 2023
Stoked (OCE term) to see there are OCE servers. Total noob very much enjoying getting started. Cya round all.