My Thoughts On The Gold Reduction

Zinx

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
So I am going to support the community on this one in regards to the recent update and I hope it does get looked at. In regards to the reduction with farm, I believe that is legitimate. As it should be just a beginning area where players can make some gold and be on their way.

Now when it comes to cargo, that is a different story. Cargo can be used for mid-to-late game economy. As some players just wish to be merchants and travel across the land. Reducing the cost of cargo can cause a huge hit to your high end player base. As players with larger armies are now forced to work a bit longer and hard to maintain their troops. This is unfortunate because they are now having to grind out more hours just to keep up with their wages for their army.

Since this is alpha I get there are things to be tested which makes sense and as they should be. But a 45-50% reduction is a huge jump, most testing should start between 5-15% as you can either increase/decrease from there to understand the numbers. The state of the mod is stale as there isn't much to do besides cargo trading and killing looters. More focus should be on adding more features rather than working on an economy that isn't there since there is no trading or items inside the merchant. I would just carefully consider future actions towards the economy as it may affect more and more players.

NOTE: I really enjoy this mod and the hard work Storm is putting into it. I am giving my feedback only to benefit this mod and hope to help in any way possible.

Update: Changes are reverting back. Thanks mods!