My archers keep deserting for no reason. This is like the 5th time my t3 and t4 archers just leave.

CIA

Recruit
Nov 21, 2022
tl;dr archers poof. I'll come back in a year or two when you guys get the bugs fixed.

I have the money to pay them and double the food necessary in my inventory. . I'm not over my troop limit. I have 2 days worth of food. The archers are the only units I have seen do this, which coincidentally is the only thing I was investing my money in, like probably 20k in troops gone and like 8 hours of grinding levels . I was looking forward to playing bannerlord online, but if a bug as game breaking as this exists for someone who has just started I can't imagine what other frustrating things happen.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
The only possible reason could be morale.

While you do say you have double the food, that doesn't mean you didn't get a huge morale penalty for not having food before. So if you're willing to check, I'd recommend hovering over your Morale to see how much it is and if you have a heavy food penalty, as those penalties take a long time to decrease.

CIA

Recruit
Nov 21, 2022
well if that is the case would be nice to have something telling me why they're deserting, you know instead of wasting like 10 hours of my life, and like 20k, also why was it only my highest troops deserting? never my low ones, and ONLY archers. that sounds like a bug to me.

anyway I'm done I figured id point this "not bug" out and maybe help someone. If I quit because of this and I took the time to tell you I did. I promise you 50 other people did too. I dont give a game that doesnt explain core concepts to me and punishes me without explanation another shot at redemption. cya in 2 years, maybe.

Erdensang

Recruit
Sep 12, 2021
This isn't even super obvious in the original single player game, you have to pay attention to your bottom right corner and hover over each and every stat to check if everything's alright. As Morale started with a score of 100 at the beginning of my journey here, I naturally figured it would be wise to keep it at least there or even above that. Besides that your losses aren't even very high (from a progressed player's perspective), so if it would make you give this overall nice community (and despite its issues nevertheless truly awesome mod) a second shot, I would even help you out by replacing your losses so you can learn the ropes and have fun.

TL;DR It's not the mod's fault, meet me ingame for some starting help if you play on the NA or EU server.

Reactions: CIA

CIA

Recruit
Nov 21, 2022
This isn't even super obvious in the original single player game, you have to pay attention to your bottom right corner and hover over each and every stat to check if everything's alright. As Morale started with a score of 100 at the beginning of my journey here, I naturally figured it would be wise to keep it at least there or even above that. Besides that your losses aren't even very high (from a progressed player's perspective), so if it would make you give this overall nice community (and despite its issues nevertheless truly awesome mod) a second shot, I would even help you out by replacing your losses so you can learn the ropes and have fun.

TL;DR It's not the mod's fault, meet me ingame for some starting help if you play on the NA or EU server.
I got back on some time ago. Finally someone told me there is a simply way to fix this. Buy beer from the tavern for 2k and use it and it resets your morale.

I have since stopped playing and am just waiting for more features (im bored of grinding looters with archers (since its the only reliable way to not take losses and thus make a profit + the economy to balance itself out and ie: bars of iron being 50k and bars of steel being 2k etc...

I do appreciate you taking the time though. Gonna wait like 6 months and pop in and see what's up, because I agree with you that it is a great mod and the fact that something like this even exists is pretty dope.

Reactions: Erdensang