"mod doesn't support the current version of the game!"

HenrykSikora

Recruit
Mar 23, 2021
Is the error message I get when I try to launch the mod now. I was playing literally last night and had no issue starting the game, anyone else having this issue?

Eden

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
The base game just had an update, the staff is working as quickly as possible to correct the issue and make the mod compatible with the update.

Reactions: BigLunch and Ken

SGM Arni

Infantry Man
Mar 15, 2021
the failworlds company released a hotfix for their game, you gotta just wait for the developer of this mod to update the mod, no need to going back to 1.5.7 etc

jesusislord

Recruit
Mar 18, 2021
for anyone having this problem open your bannerlord game, not bannerlord online,
then switch back to bannerlord online once it updates,

you have to do this when main game updates

Arthur MP

Recruit
Aug 21, 2022
Hi Guys! What is the latest supported version? Right now I got 'mod doesn't support the current version of the game'

Sturmhardt

Recruit
Jun 24, 2021
Hi Guys! What is the latest supported version? Right now I got 'mod doesn't support the current version of the game'
1.7.2 at this moment

But versions below 1.8 that got updated by TW recently might have to deal with some files to get it started.
In case you crash after server selection while loading in. >>

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/815147274300293132/1009931536960864356/language_data.gif
Or as an alternative
1. Go to Steam.
2. Right-click Bannerlord and choose Manage, then Browse local files.
3. Go to the Modules folder.
4. In the top right, use the windows search to search for "language_data.xml".
5. Manually mark and delete everything he comes up with in all sub folders (usually 36 files).

This file didn't exist in former versions.
Downgrading to a former version does not fix the problem. The files won't be removed and every attempt to launch will continue to crash.

Do this and you should be good to go. Enjoy!

Reactions: SyncWolf

Sir Bill of Ny

Recruit
Jul 25, 2022
Can't run Bannerlord Online, getting this error, nothing I do seemingly works. Please advise. First happened some days ago, so I waited and assumed it would be updated?
"mod doesn't support the current version of the game"

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Can't run Bannerlord Online, getting this error, nothing I do seemingly works. Please advise. First happened some days ago, so I waited and assumed it would be updated?
"mod doesn't support the current version of the game"
Like Sturmhardt posted above you, the game is still running e1.7.2.

Taleworlds updated Bannerlord to version 1.8.0 last Wednesday, but Bannerlord Online needs time to make all the adjustments to that version. Which may take a few more days. Until then, Bannerlord Online continues to run on e1.7.2.

You can downgrade to 1.7.2, then apply the fix in Sturmhardt post and play, or you'll have to wait until the mod is updated.

Betas-172.gif

PowerPunch

Recruit
Aug 21, 2022
Like Sturmhardt posted above you, the game is still running e1.7.2.

Taleworlds updated Bannerlord to version 1.8.0 last Wednesday, but Bannerlord Online needs time to make all the adjustments to that version. Which may take a few more days. Until then, Bannerlord Online continues to run on e1.7.2.

You can downgrade to 1.7.2, then apply the fix in Sturmhardt post and play, or you'll have to wait until the mod is updated.

View attachment 863

Both in my case and in the case of my brother, downgrading to e1.7.2 right now doesn't work, while the game downgrades okay, it just crashes upon launch. I've completely cleared game data, no mods, no saves, absolutely nothing, reinstalled it, and it still crashes. It's not an issue with Bannerlord Online.
But I just have no way of playing at the moment.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Both in my case and in the case of my brother, downgrading to e1.7.2 right now doesn't work, while the game downgrades okay, it just crashes upon launch. I've completely cleared game data, no mods, no saves, absolutely nothing, reinstalled it, and it still crashes. It's not an issue with Bannerlord Online.
But I just have no way of playing at the moment.

After downgrading, you still need to apply a fix manually. (as mentioned above)

1. Go to Steam.
2. Right-click Bannerlord and choose Manage, then Browse local files.
3. Go to the Modules folder.
4. In the top right, use the windows search to search for "language_data.xml".
5. Manually mark and delete everything he comes up with in all sub folders (usually 36 files).

HaydenSp

Recruit
Feb 28, 2023
Hi ive just ahd this come up today does anyone have any ideas whatthe version is currently?

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hi ive just ahd this come up today does anyone have any ideas whatthe version is currently?

Taleworlds released game update v1.1.0, which is a significant update.

Bannerlord Online will need time to update to this version. You can continue to play BO is you run v1.0.3 of Bannerlord or wait for BO to be updated. There is no eta for the update for BO.

You can switch to v1.0.3 on Steam by right-clicking Bannerlord in Steam, going to properties and selecting v1.0.3 in the Betas list.

Last edited: