IMPLEMENT 2 - Permanent Death / Fief Holdings

Luca Bravehide

Infantry Man
Apr 1, 2021
I will be suggesting some ideas to implement in the following threads;

2) PERMANENT DEATH / SAFE ITEMS

In this instance, permanant death can occur. It will be balanced out by the relationships and holdings system I will explain further down.

Permanent death will occur more often when the odds are very bad, say you have 7 men and are attacked by 28 forest bandits, and they kill your army and they taken only 3 - 5 losses. In this instance it is more likely the enemy would finish you off as they still have 22 men in the area around you lying wounded.

After permenent death, the character is taken back to the main menu / character creation and can re enter the world with their same account name but all stats reset/relationships/items/clans/diplomacy are deleted.

**UNLESS:
Say, once the territory/land system is implemented; if a character own a fief (even villages) then they can access their chest/vault and store items their to safeguard. If character has a son/daughter/brother/sister they can resume as this character and reclaim the items from the fief's safe vault.

Permenent death can occur from PvP and is also more likely. There will be a random effect sometimes also and even if the enemy doesnt outnumber you 4 to 1 once your wounded perma death can still occur, although most times when the odds are drastically stacked against the character and you get wounded.

*** IN REGARDS TO THE 'FIEF' system I mentioned above:
Say up to 20 people can own the one fief (5% each) although initially only one person can claim/own the fief themselves (100%), then they can choose to lease / rent / split shares with 1 or 2 others. The benefits of doing this is a special land tax to the owner, and influence earned per day (as incentive to split the fief with 20 people). There may be a /command to request shares of fief or even (if can be implemented) a dialogue system between players where they can discuss share of fief (and also trade this way). Each member will have their own vault access and earnings of the fief will be split 1-20 ways (%). The benefits of the players investing into the fief is a loot vault and 5%+ income.

Neutral players can own fiefs together, but if the fief is owned by a member of a clan/faction, then only members of that same clan/faction can own a share of the fief. Fiefs can have garrisons / militia installed that also come off the character / kingdoms wage.

When villages are looted, militia/garrison resets to 0 and the economy will be drastically effected. Villages can not be taken over directly instead enemy players must take the castle / city attached to the region. If safe items are stored within the village there is a random chance the enemy player will claim the item in their loot from the raid.

*I understand what I suggest may be difficult to code, and am merely suggesting as creative/long term, but hopefully I am wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: CemS Bravehide

mafagafe

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
I believe the main problem of Permadeath would be people not willing to risk their HighLevel characters....

Sir Meowface

Recruit
Apr 1, 2021
I had a scenario where I was fighting 5 bandits and someone lured 60 bandits into my group. Should my character be dead forever because of that? No, this is a terrible idea.

Luca Bravehide

Infantry Man
Apr 1, 2021
Ok it's fair enough but at least I mentioned a possible way to manage fiefs with the big player base. Like a shares % of fief and fief gives storage when introduce losing items on combat. Maybe they could make it so you cant permadeath with 1 character, but if you have offspring 16 yrs of age or siblings its enabled. Or maybe players can turn it on (then cant turn it off for 24 hours) and you get real combat experience, like 100% bonus xp and loot. So players who risk benefit more and also die off.

The problem here is that death is part of bannerlord, its a mechanic built into the game and without it the game breaks. Weather it be old age or combat, players and npc lords die. This should be implemented somehow. When you view 'N' encyclopedia you will see ie; Markus Tzan, died in combat aged 46, clan ____ etc.

If characters dont die, the game will break.. you invest buy having fiefs and family to continue playing.. this way lots of people will be farmers and not many combat.. just like real medieval life.

The ones who risk war risk their lives, but with the risk comes greater gain and power.

mafagafe

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
I understood the fief aspect, but the actually character level people would be afraid to lose, unless they can train their children to minimize the loss

Luca Bravehide

Infantry Man
Apr 1, 2021
Yeah maybe it can only apply to those who have offspring , have it turned on when offspring are 16 yrs of age.. still i dont know how offspring will even grow up as the game time is so slow.. not sure how this is going to work.. But maybe you can swap who your character is if you have companions/family with a button in inventory so you can train different ones.